Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Each week I look on here and see so many new ideas come up by actual owners and there awesome.

So I was thinking what are some ideas to put a rearview mirror on my tractor 1025 with no cab so I can see behind me without having to turn behind?

I am sure there are many ways so I am looking for one that is easy to do so any help is really appreciated.

Thank you! :bigthumb:

Reactions: Robnik and PJR832

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Each week I look on here and see so many new ideas come up by actual owners and there awesome.

So I was thinking what are some ideas to put a rearview mirror on my tractor 1025 with no cab so I can see behind me without having to turn behind?

I am sure there are many ways so I am looking for one that is easy to do so any help is really appreciated.

I mounted one on the FEL, works pretty good, even with my lights on.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that would do the job... except i use a snowblower....

Maybe there is a way to make a rod that I can quick connect to the fel linkage and attach a mirror?

·
Premium Member
9,186 Posts

The tricky part is seeing everything behind you and on both sides, which could take multiple mirrors or perhaps one of the curved mirrors mounted off the front of the ROPS in the up position.......That way you would be looking "up" to see all the mirror would permit to be seen. You would just need to have a way where it's not in your way getting on and off the tractor......

One thing about the mirror idea to keep in mind is the vibration of the diesel in the tractors can make the rear images shaky........and it makes mounting them for decent visibility tricky..........

You could use a back up camera and 12 volt monitor. The wide selection offered when I was searching had varying degrees of being "water proof" and "weather tight". I know the camera on my system is "weather proof" and sealed for exterior use. I don't think you would want to submerge it, but it certainly doesn't hurt it getting it wet. The monitor could be shielded from the elements to help if it's not real weather proof.

Various monitors are made to be used on boats and in other "exposed" environments. I would bet if you looked through the wide range of offerings, you would find something which would do the trick.

The issue I have with the mirrors is they provide just a limited view down the side of the tractor where the camera will provide whatever view you want. I think many of the cameras, like the one I chose, has a 170 degree lens for viewing. Several of the different Monitors can handle multiple cameras as well so you could have any view you want. If you wanted one for specifically hooking up the 3 point arms, that would be easy and then have another camera which shows the rear view behind your tractor.

From a cost perspective, you can purchase a very nice quality wireless camera for about $225.........the entry level ones start much, much less in price, I have seen many in the $30 to $50 range, but you do get what you pay for................

·
Registered
1,683 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reactions: Robnik

·
Registered
149 Posts
Couldn't see spending a lot of $ so just took a piece of 1" flat stock and drilled holes in ends and mounted a mirror on FEL support. WORKS GREAT!
Can make the support as long as needed or lean out or in to each there own. :bigthumb:Been using the for 7-8 years, Easy to replace and not costly, A PLUS Also leaves the place for greasing open and usable as well.

waltmart

20171231_142530.jpg 20171231_142537.jpg

·
Premium Member
13,680 Posts
Try these:

Mirrors For mounting on small Deere loaders

There is a Q/A there which say they don't fit H120, but then a purchaser comment and photo (below) show that they DO fit the H120.

View attachment 550577
What’s nice about them Tim, it looks like you could turn that bracket to get them to the outside. That’s the only thing I noticed about mounting to the FEL is they give you a great view of the rear lights. And to go along with SulleyBear ‘s post I have no vibration whatsoever mounted there but I am going to put a bracket on to get the mirror to the outside better.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I bought these UTV mirrors on Amazon with the idea originally to use them on the top bar of the grille guard.

mirror4.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00898LAJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o08_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The 1025 grille guard tubing is significantly smallerthan UTV frame tubes, so although I switched to smaller clamps, they were always vibrating loose, and were also hard to adjust properly since they were not in reach from the tractor seat.

So I moved them to the loader frame. Sorry about the poor picture, but it's the only one I have available tonight.

mirror.png

They are pretty steady, and are easy to adjust. Unfortunately when the loader is removed, the mirrors go with it. The other problem is that while getting on and off the tractor, particularly in my shed, I bump against them and they move. When roading the tractor, visibility of traffic coming up behind me is good. With the 9 mph top speed, runners and bicyclists also pass me. I can see them coming too.

·
Registered
275 Posts

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,483 Posts
I would think any mirror would shake so much it would make you sick just looking in it. Let alone trying to figure out what the blurred object would be behind you.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Super Moderator
2,472 Posts
I found these browsing the 2018 (I believe) 1025R catalog in the JD parts catalog. It was the section with the higher of the 2 VIN number options. No idea of cost, but it's JD, so you know what that means :)

Appears they mount to the ROPS.

Reactions: BigJim55 and PJR832

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Very interesting

thanks

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
Reactions: BigJim55 and kylew

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
I found these browsing the 2018 (I believe) 1025R catalog in the JD parts catalog. It was the section with the higher of the 2 VIN number options. No idea of cost, but it's JD, so you know what that means :)

Appears they mount to the ROPS.
Only $192 each. :)

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
2,472 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,816 Posts
Yeah, that's an insane price for a pair of mirrors. I'm not even convinced they are that great as the vibration has to be terrible on those long arms. The little round convex mirrors mounted directly to the loader mounts seems like the best way to go. Great mirror, easy mounting, low cost.

Reactions: BigJim55
1 - 20 of 22 Posts