Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need to ! Using Agri-Fab Mow and Vac yesterday. I stopped the machine, walking back with the gas can in my hand. There it was ! The port side light (I'm a old Tin Can sailor) hanging like a dead mackerel from the wires. It broke where it attaches to the base. My son has some super glue I'm going to try. I'm wondering if someone could point out the steps to remove the light from the tubing. I tend to break things even worse when I don't know what I'm doing. Some times happens when I think I know what I'm doing. Remember the dominant word,, ,,old. Thanks for any help you can give me. Dan

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
It's super easy. Only a couple of bolts hold the light to the ROPS. The electrical connectors can be found near the base of the ROPS. Disconnect them and tie a string or some fishing line to the wires. This will help you pull the new wires back down the ROPS. You may even be luck to have a connector right inside the light, but I don't recall seeing one when I had mine apart.

·
Registered
238 Posts
When I broke the light on my 1025R, I found out that at the bottom of the ROPS the wires for the light terminate in plugs. Once those were disconnected, I had to also take the zip ties and plastic wire cover off to get the wires pulled up. Then to reinstall I just used a string with a nut on it to fish the wires back down.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I need to ! Using Agri-Fab Mow and Vac yesterday. I stopped the machine, walking back with the gas can in my hand. There it was ! The port side light (I'm a old Tin Can sailor) hanging like a dead mackerel from the wires. It broke where it attaches to the base. My son has some super glue I'm going to try. I'm wondering if someone could point out the steps to remove the light from the tubing. I tend to break things even worse when I don't know what I'm doing. Some times happens when I think I know what I'm doing. Remember the dominant word,, ,,old. Thanks for any help you can give me. Dan
Yeah - NONE of us have EVER done that before....:laugh: Here's the write-up I did when I moved them to the inside of the ROPS to avoid breaking ANOTHER one.

http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/sub-compact-utility-tractors-scut/13624-fixed-broken-roll-over-protection-structure-taillamp.html

So many on here we could have a support group for it.:lol:

·
Premium Member
8,791 Posts
My name is Tonton, and I'm a light whacker.

Audience replies: Hello Tonton :empathy:
That makes you a member of the "Rops Light Relocation Club".....or is it the "Modifier of Rops Light Squad"......Trying to think of a clever acronym....obviously it's not working.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
That makes you a member of the "Rops Light Relocation Club".....or is it the "Modifier of Rops Light Squad"......Trying to think of a clever acronym....obviously it's not working.
I haven't actually whacked mine... yet...(as I knock on wood). I was just being silly. Just so you can all learn a bit of engineering jargon, this is what we like to refer to as "sharing molecules", which of course never turns out quite well. I may not have dis-proportionally re-positioned the illumination apparatus on the tractor yet, but I have been guilty of inadvertently overlooking a slight interference in the past. :laugh:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Don't feel bad Danbeck, I broke one about 2 hrs into my first time with my tractor. :empathy3:
Sad thing is I read how others had done it, and told myself, "oh you'll be fine, that will never happen to me." :mocking:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Yep - knocked mine off the 2nd time I used it.

·
Registered
373 Posts
grrrrrr

I grumble at the thought of knocking yet a third one off, but I fully anticipate the event by mentally acknowledging the fact that it could happen. The next time I intend to replace them both with LED fixtures that will ride directly on the back of the rops, as opposed to inside or outside.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Did you knock one off the inside Myasis Dragon?

·
Registered
373 Posts
Did you knock one off the inside Myasis Dragon?
With a backhoe, installing lights on the inside of the rops would make it hard to get on and off with the seat facing rearward and impair my view and mobility when operating the backhoe.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,261 Posts
I don't have a BH so the first thing I did was put the lights on the inside as I learned my lesson when I had the 2210. Broke it twice with it before I put them on the inside. :nunu:

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Ahhh - I don't have a backhoe either. Can definitely see where it would be too narrow w/them on the inside.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Me Three!

Oh I read about moving them inside the ROPS as well, but noooo I was in too big of a hurry to get on the new toy and get some seat time.

When the new one came in it went on the inside and the other side was moved as well.

·
Registered
124 Posts
There is a steel guard available to help protect the lights as well. They bolt on between the light and the rops.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Moved mine with .3 hours on the 1025, ordered the guards from JD and LED's from Amazon and will mount the guards and LED's to the inside lights tomorrow.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
I was going to order the guards, but once you move the lights to the inside I don't see where they really need the protection. Does give you a handy place to mount aux. lights though.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts