Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Tractor Vehicle Agricultural machinery Lawn Grass

Needed a second set of hands around the yard so I bought the 1023e, H120 loader and 60" mower deck last October and I love it. Need to figure out how to build my own ballast box. I know there's a ton of information out there on how to do it. Guess I just need to get started.
Will post pics soon!

·
Administrator
22,655 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Ballast box is super easy to make - as long as you can weld...

·
Registered
479 Posts
Ballast box is super easy to make - as long as you can weld...
Don't even need to weld! Just get creative with some concrete and bracket/pins

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Very true, a little more ingenuity and you want need many tools if any. Try searching for older ideas and see what works for you.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I agree with rockshaft on this one.:thumbup1gif: I have read where guys have built a form/box out of wood, put in a piece of 3/4" pipe just above center so it would hang vertical and fill it with concrete. Don;t even need a top link.:good2: Now grant you it is not the fancy JD green but it suits the same purpose.
good luck with what ever you decide.:drinks:

·
Administrator
22,258 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

The 1023E is an awesome tractor! You're going to love it! Glad you joined up here at GTT.:good2:

·
Registered
146 Posts
View attachment 7890

Needed a second set of hands around the yard so I bought the 1023e, H120 loader and 60" mower deck last October and I love it. Need to figure out how to build my own ballast box. I know there's a ton of information out there on how to do it. Guess I just need to get started.
Will post pics soon!
Welcome to GTT.

·
Registered
871 Posts
Congrats on your 1023.

Why can't a formed and poured ballast be green ?..........

Post picture of project.

Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.