Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, new to John Deere ownership, tho I have operated various mowers and tractors in the past. I just bought a place with two acres and the wife and I decided to get a lawn tractor... I jumped the gun and bought a 79’ 216 (😍) with the deck not attached 😒 and found out it would be 1200$ to attach. Needless to say not good for the relationship. So I bought a 185 Hydro with a deck in great condition. It mows the grass. Lame. Trying to find a deck and parts for my newly beloved 216 is harder than pulling teeth!!! Looking forward to chatting and hopefully making connections on this forum. I’m in colchester Vermont.

·
Premium Member
13,969 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,304 Posts
Walter,

You may want to check out our sister site, Weekend Freedom Machines at wfmachines.com :good2:

One of the fellas there may have exactly what you’re looking for.

·
Registered
3,954 Posts
:wgtt:from the Mitten

·
Registered
325 Posts
&#x1f60d - is that the model number?

Just kidding... Welcome to GTT.

:greentractorride:

·
Registered
4,009 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Registered
12,300 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

·
Premium Member
1,611 Posts
Hi all, new to John Deere ownership, tho I have operated various mowers and tractors in the past. I just bought a place with two acres and the wife and I decided to get a lawn tractor... I jumped the gun and bought a 79’ 216 (😍) with the deck not attached 😒 and found out it would be 1200$ to attach. Needless to say not good for the relationship. So I bought a 185 Hydro with a deck in great condition. It mows the grass. Lame. Trying to find a deck and parts for my newly beloved 216 is harder than pulling teeth!!! Looking forward to chatting and hopefully making connections on this forum. I’m in colchester Vermont.
Check with either of these two JD Bone Yards Both Have deck for the 1975 till 1987 200 series tractors
Home Page J D Lawn Tractor
TractorSalesAndParts.com - Hundreds of Used Tractors Parts!
:bigthumb:
BTW Welcome to the forum :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,760 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,189 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,463 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
11,691 Posts
:wgtt:so what part of the country are ya from?

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio :wgtt:

·
Registered
553 Posts

1 - 17 of 17 Posts