Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our Texas Bluebonnets are absolutely beautiful, this year! Best I've seen in several years. Seeing this along the side of the roadways, makes driving not nearly as boring!

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,406 Posts
That is pretty FG. Thanks for sharing. How tall are those?
Spring is good. Wife sent me this picture about an hour ago. My wife is currently working to put in her garden and Gizmo1 is filling in for me while I am at work. Supervisor role.:lol:

IMG_5156_1.jpeg

·
Registered
11,884 Posts
Gizmo1 seems to be proficient as a supervisor.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Gizmo2; I think Gizmo1 does a great job of supervising! He might even be mistaken for you! :laugh:

The Bluebonnets range from 6-15 inches tall, depending on the year and the area. There are even varying heights in the same field. Most are approximately 10 inches tall though.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Our Texas Bluebonnets are absolutely beautiful, this year! Best I've seen in several years. Seeing this along the side of the roadways, makes driving not nearly as boring!
That is a beau-tee-ful pic FG:good2:

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will have to check and see if your pic is photo shopped :laugh: as a I coming to Austin on Monday for a couple days. It sure will be nice to see something other than brown and snow still on the ground.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will have to check and see if your pic is photo shopped :laugh: as a I coming to Austin on Monday for a couple days. It sure will be nice to see something other than brown and snow still on the ground.
I didn't take that particular photo, as it was taken east of Dallas. But I have been snapping photos too! If you make it down in the next couple of days, all should be pretty. Almost everything is green around here, (pun intended), but cool weather grasses will only be around for another 2-3 weeks. Without some rain, the summer grasses will be slow to grow. Things will turn brown again, if that happens.

Hoping for rain tonight, but not the hail and tornadoes that could come with it!

·
Super Moderator
2,707 Posts
I didn't take that particular photo, as it was taken east of Dallas. But I have been snapping photos too! If you make it down in the next couple of days, all should be pretty. Almost everything is green around here, (pun intended), but cool weather grasses will only be around for another 2-3 weeks. Without some rain, the summer grasses will be slow to grow. Things will turn brown again, if that happens.

Hoping for rain tonight, but not the hail and tornadoes that could come with it!
Yeah, it looks like some nasty weather coming here in Missouri also, looks like tomorrow afternoon all the way until Tuesday, with periods of severe weather predicted. I like spring, but not the severe weather that too often comes with it.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Funny thing is, I even enjoy the storms, and find them beautiful and mesmerizing, as long as they are not destroying something! Spring is my favorite season!

·
Registered
155 Posts
Honey Bee Heaven.

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yes! And bluebonnet honey is mighty tasty! I like the honey that comes from local clover too!
If all goes well with this years honey crop I'll send you some AK Fireweed Honey. Do you prefer extracted honey in a little bear, or pure cut comb honey right from the hive? Nevermind, I'll send you both.

Wake up girls :hornets: is time to make FG19 some goodness. (We need a beehive emotion, whatever these are called.)

·
8,558 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yummy, Skyboss! Thanks! Yes, wake those girls up!!!

Here is another sign of Spring in Texas!

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Brings to mind a great Nanci Griffith song, "Gulf Coast Highway" which kinda parallels Wifey's and my story however North it may be...

Nanci Griffith - Gulf Coast Highway - Chords, Tabs, Strumming Patterns, and Lyrics for Guitar

Thanks for that pic, they are just as beautiful as I imagined them to be.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts