Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Stupid question but is the top link holder strong enough to hold up the I match alone? It seems heavy but when I unhook my mower deck the lower hooks sometimes dig into my ground when backing off the deck. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
No.

Reactions: MTB98

·
Registered
733 Posts
I have the same exact problem. In fact, I have had the issue where I have been mowing and the quick hitch hooks dig into the ground when backing up. I am planning on buying another adjustable link for the other side and screw them up as high as my attachments will allow. But it would be nice if there was a way to pick them up and away from the ground when mowing. I know I know. independent lift. But I would think a simple hook or pin to pin them up out of the way when mowing.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Stupid question but is the top link holder strong enough to hold up the I match alone? It seems heavy but when I unhook my mower deck the lower hooks sometimes dig into my ground when backing off the deck. Thank you.
Once you back up far enough to pull the MMM gearbox shaft out of the PTO female connector, you can raise the 3-point with your imatch before your front wheels start mounting the MMM deck as you back up. The mower lift mechanism (mechanical lift) has completed its job at that point and does not care whether it is still down or up out of the way.

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
There are numerous gouges in my driveway, garage floor, and lawn divets that are the exact dimensions of my quick hitch from going on and off the drive over deck.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the same exact problem. In fact, I have had the issue where I have been mowing and the quick hitch hooks dig into the ground when backing up. I am planning on buying another adjustable link for the other side and screw them up as high as my attachments will allow. But it would be nice if there was a way to pick them up and away from the ground when mowing. I know I know. independent lift. But I would think a simple hook or pin to pin them up out of the way when mowing.
Just do as others and use the depth stop for the 3 pt., after the mmm stops going down ( it’s on the depth control), you don’t need to lower the 3 pt. anymore.

·
Registered
531 Posts
If the problem continues, shorten the center top link to the shortest position. That should fix the problem. I mow all the time with my quick hitch on and it has never dragged the ground that I know of. I do not use the top link hook (ever) with the quick hitch attached. I never remove the quick hitch from the tractor. It has been on there for 3 years now without removal. My tractor is a 1025R.

·
Premium Member
2,654 Posts
None of these problems exist if you install the hydraulic lift for the deck. Your 3 point and deck will work independently of each other.

·
Registered
253 Posts
None of these problems exist if you install the hydraulic lift for the deck. Your 3 point and deck will work independently of each other.
But the problem with that is, it won’t hold it up all the way. It’ll drift down very quickly. I have it and wish I had the 3 pt lift.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,281 Posts
But the problem with that is, it won’t hold it up all the way. It’ll drift down very quickly. I have it and wish I had the 3 pt lift.
You use the height of cut knob to lock it up.

·
Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
It will with the independent lift, but not with the hydraulic lift.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,281 Posts
It will with the independent lift, but not with the hydraulic lift.
The independent lift leaks down after several minutes. Not as quick as the hydraulic based on what I've heard but still happens.

Reactions: kylew

·
Super Moderator
4,074 Posts
The independent lift leaks down after several minutes. Not as quick as the hydraulic based on what I've heard but still happens.
I meant the original independent lift, not the 3rd function type...if it's still in use.

Reactions: MarkEagleUSA

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,281 Posts
I meant the original independent lift, not the 3rd function type...if it's still in use.
I always forget about that one... :whistle:

• Haha
Reactions: kylew

·
Premium Member
2,191 Posts
None of that lift mechanisms are intended to hold the deck up. They're designed to raise and lower it as needed. The height adjustment knob and it's cam stop thingy is what's designed and intended to hold the deck at a given height, including all the way up.

·
Registered
5,496 Posts
I toss a strap over the rops and hook it to the I match......at a height that lets the Midmount mower drop fully but keeps the I match from dragging the ground. No issues yet...ymmv

·
Registered
733 Posts
I toss a strap over the rops and hook it to the I match......at a height that lets the Midmount mower drop fully but keeps the I match from dragging the ground. No issues yet...ymmv
I actually did this 1 time. I don't think it was related as I couldn't see how it would be, but the time my 3pt lift arms stopped lifting due to that snap ring flying off and snapping the bolt that holds it on which controls lifting the 3pt and mower deck, I had a strap running over my rops to my quick hitch to hold the qh up.

Again I dont see how that would have caused that issue but I haven't done it since and haven't had it happen again.

·
Registered
2022 JD 1025R, 120R Loader, SB1154 snowblower, 54" mid-mower, HLA 900 lbs forks.
271 Posts
Maybe your 3 point hitch is set to not rise high enough, which means that it would also drop too low. There's a good write on on that at post #13: SOLVED: 3 point hitch not lifting high enough

If you play with that, you will likely need to adjust the 3 point hitch strap that lifts the mower too.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts