Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, new to GTT,
I have a 1025r, and recently purchased a Frontier box blade. I also recently purchased a quick hitch from Agri supply. The quick hitch I purchased is not compatible with the Frontier box blade. I am planning to go ahead and get the I match hitch if it will work on the box blade. My dealer says the I match will work on all JD and Frontier implements, but I am not convinced. Please let me know what I need to do to use a quick hitch on my new implements. Thanks, Scott F. Hendersonville, NC.

·
Registered
3,844 Posts
I can tell you that my Frontier box blade is compatible with my iMatch. I have the fixed top hook version, but I don't believe you can buy that today.

Dave

·
Registered
51 Posts
I have the Frontier BB2065 and iMatch with adjustable top hook. The adjustable top hook is almost too short to work, but if you turn the bolts that hold the top hook just right before they are tightened, it will work ok. I had to turn them so that the flat of the bolt, or nut, is facing the box blade. If turned so the corner of the hex was facing the box blade, the top link wouldn’t drop into the hook. I still have to kick it sometimes to get the top hook in, but it works.

Also, the first Frontier box blade I received wasn’t assembled correctly, causing the top attachment point to be too low. Maybe your box blade also was assembled incorrectly.

This is assembled Wrong.
The part indicated by the yellow arrow should be mounted inside of the part indicated by the red arrow.

Here it is assembled correctly

·
Registered
649 Posts
I have the older Imatch and it works great with the box blade and other frontier attachments.

Doug

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12,537 Posts
I too have the iMATCH and my box blade works well, even better with Kennyd's new top hook.

:wgtt:

·
Registered
1,117 Posts
I have a HF quick hitch, and it does not work with my Frontier BB5048L box blade, not because of spacing but due to gussets by the lift arm pins. I guess the HF bottom hooks are wider than the official imatch ones, they won't fit through the small gap between the pins and the gusset.

·
Premium Member
1,688 Posts

My BB2048 (not the L) fits fine, but it could use an extended hook....KENNY !

·
Registered
12,537 Posts

My BB2048 (not the L) fits fine, but it could use an extended hook....KENNY !
It is nice :good2: It just dawned on me, the thread title says iMATCH compatibility but then he bought a quick hitch from Agri-supply, so the OP asked and answered his own question, there is only one iMATCH. :lol:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts