Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting ready to purchase an Imatch. Found virtually the same price at Mutton Power, and Green Parts Store. Does anyone know if there are any discount codes for either of these stores? $365.20 is the price with shipping being about $4.00 cheaper at Green Parts Store here in Virginia!

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Have you checked your local dealer. I believe they are 15% off now. I believe it runs till end of month.

·
Super Moderator
4,836 Posts
I've never seen Mutton Power offer general coupons or discount codes. They occasionally run sales on specific items or offer discounts on specific items but they do a good job of making sure you know about them on their site.

IME, whenever buying an iMatch comes up, people seem to find that once you pay the shipping the cost balances out to what you'd pay your local Deere dealer. In my case, Green Parts Store want $365 + $34 shipping = $399. Full price at my local dealer is $401.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just bought one online and had to return it due to damages from shipping. When I spoke to Green Farm Parts about it, they said it happens all the time with UPS shipping and they currently don't have a box to ship it in. They simply wrapped plastic around it. I got a refund and will just find one locally.

·
Premium Member
10,676 Posts
I got a "quick hitch" from Amazon for $133.00 plus free shipping. It even looks more heavy duty than the Imatch from JD. Havent used it yet just got it yesterday.
I'm sure it will work fine but what we've noticed is a lot of the low cost quick hitches appear all bulked up with braces and huge gussets because they are made from thinner material and need the extra bracing and supports.

·
Registered
913 Posts
I just bought one online and had to return it due to damages from shipping. When I spoke to Green Farm Parts about it, they said it happens all the time with UPS shipping and they currently don't have a box to ship it in. They simply wrapped plastic around it. I got a refund and will just find one locally.
When I priced Green Farm Parts for the hitch, there was a $159 shipping fee to my location. Seems like for that shipping cost, they could at least find a box to pack the thing in!:unknown:

My mulching kit from the same seller arrived in sad shape. It took some unbending and re-shaping to get it installed.

If it "happens all the time" Green Farm Parts should be looking hard for a better shipper, not just making lame excuses.

Maybe they get enough new business to offset those of us who don't become repeat customers.

·
Premium Member
10,676 Posts
When I priced Green Farm Parts for the hitch, there was a $159 shipping fee to my location. Seems like for that shipping cost, they could at least find a box to pack the thing in!:unknown:

My mulching kit from the same seller arrived in sad shape. It took some unbending and re-shaping to get it installed.

If it "happens all the time" Green Farm Parts should be looking hard for a better shipper, not just making lame excuses.

Maybe they get enough new business to offset those of us who don't become repeat customers.
The iMatch I purchased from Mutton came wrapped just in clear plastic wrap. Had a few scrapes here and there. Nothing to get too excited about.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm sure it will work fine but what we've noticed is a lot of the low cost quick hitches appear all bulked up with braces and huge gussets because they are made from thinner material and need the extra bracing and supports.
right i am sure thats the case. Havent used it yet so eager to see how it does. Heavyist thing i have is probably a 5ft bush hog. Hope it works out.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
The last IMatch promotion ended at the end of April, I believe. They didn't run one this summer, and most of the summer promotions end towards the end of October. Maybe they'll run it again in November, if you can wait, but no one knows before hand what they are going to run so it's a crap shoot.

Link to their promotions: Special Sales and Financing Offers | John Deere US

·
Registered
44 Posts

They offer free shipping on them now.

·
Registered
44 Posts
The iMatch I purchased from Mutton came wrapped just in clear plastic wrap. Had a few scrapes here and there. Nothing to get too excited about.
That's how mine came wrapped. The metal where the top hook can be adjusted was bent during shipping when I received mine. You could see a flat spot on one of the corners where it was dropped. I was just going to touch up some of the scratches until I noticed this.

·
Premium Member
10,676 Posts
That's how mine came wrapped. The metal where the top hook can be adjusted was bent during shipping when I received mine. You could see a flat spot on one of the corners where it was dropped. I was just going to touch up some of the scratches until I noticed this.
I wouldn't worry too much about that. My Land Pride quick hitch was bent slightly in the same place. Those two vertical sections are somewhat thin and not very strong. I just took a large adjustable wrench, slipped it over the edge of the metal and bent it back with zero effort.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts