Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I want to get an i-match hitch for my 1023E. It looks like a great setup. I realize it's not cheap, and there are cheaper options out there. But, if I'm going to do it, I might as well do it once and get it over with!

Any here regret getting an I-match? Is it as slick as it looks?

I'll be using it on my ballast box and my Frontier snowblower, both are I-match compatible.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Never once have I thought to myself "getting this iMatch sucks. I hate being able to connect and disconnect my implements from the seat and not having to wrestle them."

Yup. Once you have one, you'll wonder why you didn't a long time ago. :drinks:

·
Registered
768 Posts
I waited a year to get the iMatch as I have to justify everything, especially toys... Anyway, I am in love with this device! I had a couple episodes of taking off the heavy ballast box on uneven ground and one time when the ground was wet, I was trying to get everything lined up (no iMatch) and well, it sucked and that instance completely justified the iMatch. Since having the iMatch, I can pickup any implement that is setup for the iMatch on any type of terrain, so it's quite worth the $350. My dealer was great and sold it to me for $350 out the door with the included side link bushings. I bought additional bushings from Tractor Supply and Belarus and they work well. I say GO FOR IT, you will not regret the money spent!

·
Super Moderator
4,887 Posts
I bought my Tractor in May and by July I had my iMatch on order. Got tired of mashing my fingers every time I needed to swap out the back blade with the carry-all. The first time I backed up and dropped the carry-all and picked up the blade I laughed at how stupid I was not to have bought the iMatch right from the start.

btw, I ordered/bought mine through Green Farm Parts right here on the site. Showed up 3 or 4 days later right at the front door. If you use the discount code over in their forum you get 12% off right now.... That pretty much covers the shipping charge.

Doh! My bad. Sorry. I guess the promo ended last Sunday. Boooo!

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I agree with the others. I bought my first imatch when they first came out many years ago. I then converted all of my non compatible equipment to fit it.
The only way I will give them up is when I can no longer use a tractor.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,080 Posts
I can honestly say I never wanted or felt I needed one...........Since we got the chipper it has made the swap back to ballast box and back to chipper a real snap.
They do add some aggravation to hooking up a PTO shaft on these small tractors.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
I could not do with out my i-match hitch. It just makes life easier so why not have one.

·
Registered
520 Posts
I have the $79 Harbor Freight Quick Hitch. It's a little sloppy and the upper hook and frame bind up on my TSC Carry-All. I would have bought the JD when I bought the Tractor if I had known how useful it is.

I wouldn't be without one. You don't have to consider hook up time or effort. Makes a BIG deal when working around the place. Just go get something.

3 must haves:

Quick Hitch (or iMatch)
Kens Hooks
Piranha Bar ( I think..don't have one yet but I see every day the need)

The parking loader, MMM, and backoe with the unbelieveable ease of connection is what sold me in the first place. The quick attach completes the system and makes this thing a swiss army knife.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight one and it sits on the shelf a lot. Had I got the original I-Match with the fixed hook I could see it getting a lot more use....

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
I have the Harbor Freight one and it sits on the shelf a lot. Had I got the original I-Match with the fixed hook I could see it getting a lot more use....

I had a HF unit for about 8 yrs , never regretted my choice. When I traded this summer needed a 2nd attachment so I bought the I Match with adj top hook ,, like the HF . I'm thinking when I got the HF Deere only had a fixed top hook. If you buy or have any used eqpt the adj top hook is the way to go. I bought a used 5' blade and I always have to move the top hook so I can use the blade.

Had I got the original I-Match with the fixed hook I could see it getting a lot more use....

My 2 cents no way it would have been used alot more, it would have been sold a long time ago if either of mine was a fixed hook..

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Mine binds up with my attachements and that's why it doesn't get used. My tiller is way heavy so I put my quick hitch on to aid in hooking up. It's clunky though. I would rather make my other stuff for a fixed hook I-Match. Just my $.02.

·
Corndog Hater
11,265 Posts
I have the HF one and quite honestly, like 636mullet's, mine sits on the shelf. It has the adjustable top hook and I even bought an adapter bracket thingy for when the hook just plain wouldn't fit. I don't really have much trouble hooking up my tiller, rear blade, BB or bush hog. I find hooking up and unhooking to be pretty easy on this 1026r. That's not saying that I don't have to muscle some things around, or a choice word doesn't fly out of my mouth occasionally.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
I-Match????

So everyone really likes the I-Match. My question is what do you have to do to put on a backhoe on a 1025R? If I only have a box blade, a ballast box, and a backhoe for the backend seems like it's extra work if I have to take off the box blade, then take off the I-Match in order to put on the backhoe. If I don't have an I-Match I only have to take off the box blade to put on the backhoe. Where am I going wrong on this or can you leave the I-Match on when you put on the backhoe? Somehow I don't think so.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
My Imatch came with the tractor. Apparently the dealer thinks I will never take it off as the pins that hold it on have cotter pins in them instead of something easier to remove. To be honest I have never had a need to take it off. I can back up and attache my rear bagger with ease. Same for the tiller. I have to raise the top hook up to hook up to my core aerator, but that's ok. My Heavy Hitch only comes off if I have to attach an implement. Next spring I hope to add other 3pt attachments and the Imatch is a big reason why. Like you said, they aren't cheap, I think mine was $315, but well worth not having to wrestle around implements, especially if you have a bad back like me.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I Match justified...

I'm picking mine up for my JD 1026R this next week :greentractorride:

After switching out the back blade to the boom pole, then to the ballast box,
yeah....:flag_of_truce: I surrender to an easier & SAFER way to switch implements!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
So everyone really likes the I-Match. My question is what do you have to do to put on a backhoe on a 1025R? If I only have a box blade, a ballast box, and a backhoe for the backend seems like it's extra work if I have to take off the box blade, then take off the I-Match in order to put on the backhoe. If I don't have an I-Match I only have to take off the box blade to put on the backhoe. Where am I going wrong on this or can you leave the I-Match on when you put on the backhoe? Somehow I don't think so.
I was under the impression that in order to install a 260 backhoe, you had to remove the entire three point assembly including the top link and lower draft arms. In that case, the iMatch and implement would certainly have to come off but separating the iMatch doesn't have to be an extra step. When you sit the implement down, leave the iMatch connected to it and simply remove the quick hitch from the three point arms.

I don't have one but would like to. I have to drop my implements on dirt, and they don't slide easily if I need to make an adjustment while hooking one up. As implements get larger for larger tractors, this becomes more of an issue. It may not be for everyone, but I certainly see the advantage.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
I was under the impression that in order to install a 260 backhoe, you had to remove the entire three point assembly including the top link and lower draft arms. In that case, the iMatch and implement would certainly have to come off but separating the iMatch doesn't have to be an extra step. When you sit the implement down, leave the iMatch connected to it and simply remove the quick hitch from the three point arms.

I don't have one but would like to. I have to drop my implements on dirt, and they don't slide easily if I need to make an adjustment while hooking one up. As implements get larger for larger tractors, this becomes more of an issue. It may not be for everyone, but I certainly see the advantage.
You are correct '56, lift arms and top link need to be removed on a 1023/1025/1026 for the 260 hoe installation.

iMatch would not work at all for me due to the implements I have are all over the Cat. 0 to Cat. 1 spectrum. Nothing other than my middlebuster would work with it, and it can't stand up by itself to just back up to it and hook it up.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I had the Harbor Freight version with the adjustable top hook. I think it may have been $100. For the most part I did like it alot, especially on my old Ford tractor that had the stabilizer chains to adjust on the 3 point sway bars. I never had to touch these chains again with this Harbor Freight hitch installed.

I found a better option for my 3320 Deere. My 3320 Deer has the adjustable stabilizer bars which makes things much nicer. I added the Pat's Easy change rather than the i match. I love the Pat's Easy change. You have much better access to the PTO shaft. I also found with the i match style hitch that you have fit issues with non Deere brand implements at times getting them to fit properly. I had to use a grinder to make things fit properly for my older Deere snow blower and some of my King Kutter implements.

Pat's Premium 3-Point Quick Change Hitch — Category 1 | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment

·
Registered
892 Posts
What about the SpeeCo flavor, anyone have experience with it?

Jim

1 - 20 of 56 Posts