Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if you can use the JD I-Match quick hitch with a Basic Line york rake?

·
Premium Member
440 Posts
I'm not positive, but looking at the specs, it doesn't say quick hitch compatible. I'm used to implement specs explicitly saying that if they are. Also, looking at the pictures, it doesn't look quick hitch compatible to me.

York BASIC Line : York Modern

·
Premium Member
12,867 Posts
I agree, just looking at the pics I would say it is not quick hitch compatible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can the JD box be used by itself with the 3 pt hitch without the I-Match part? If so what box is better, the OEM John Deere or the Titan? If both were the same price?

·
Premium Member
12,867 Posts
The JD ballast box is far better in design and build IMO. Any implement that is quick hitch ready can also be used without one, quick hitch just makes life easier.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok, thanks. I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new take off JD ballast box WITH I-Match quick hitch for $280.00.

·
Registered
3,894 Posts
Ok, thanks. I have the opportunity to pick up a brand new take off JD ballast box WITH I-Match quick hitch for $280.00.
Better grab that quick before someone else does

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
I have the 3032e. I had the tractor for 6 months (attaching and reattaching brush hog, box blade, etc) before forking over the cash for the iMatch. WOW!!! The iMatch should come as standard equipment, period end of sentence... makes hooking up attachments a 2 minute process and way less frustrating.

Jack

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
That would be STEALING :lolol:

·
Registered
275 Posts
is it the box with quick hitch bushings or is it the box and the quick hitch? Either way it's a good buy but if it's the box and the quick hitch then don't pass it up!

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It was a the JD Ballast box with the complete imatch quick hitch that attaches to the 3 point (all for $280). Ok, now I have a dumb question...once the ballast box is attached (with weight is in it), after you’re done using the tractor, you want to lower the box down on the ground so there’s no weight on the 3 point. Correct?

·
Registered
927 Posts
It was a the JD Ballast box with the complete imatch quick hitch that attaches to the 3 point (all for $280). Ok, now I have a dumb question...once the ballast box is attached (with weight is in it), after you’re done using the tractor, you want to lower the box down on the ground so there’s no weight on the 3 point. Correct?
Don’t know if it’s right or wrong, but that’s what I do. If nothing else, it is safer, don’t have to worry about the heavy box dropping on your foot

·
Administrator
17,497 Posts
Yes, it’s always best to lower everything for safety reasons.

·
Premium Member
12,867 Posts
Yes, or at least the way I was taught, always drop the 3 point to relieve pressure. Plus it will sag when not in use and you really don't want your hydraulics trying to lift that back right on start up. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
12,867 Posts
Yes, it’s always best to lower everything for safety reasons.
Yes, or at least the way I was taught, always drop the 3 point to relieve pressure. Plus it will sag when not in use and you really don't want your hydraulics trying to lift that back right on start up. :thumbup1gif:
Oh yeah, and for safety reasons as well :banghead:

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Got it. I’m new to owning a tractor. Lowering is what seemed logical to me. Thanks guys.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts