Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All's I did was loosen the bolts on top hook
Pulled bottom of hook out and tightend bolts back and all is good !
See pics before and after !
They just tighten top hook at factory where it is !
Just loosen it up and reposition it and all is good !

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
No no no, just get Ken's extended top hook and pins, then you're all good:mocking:

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
No thanks mine works just fine after adjusting it !
Glad it worked out for you:bigthumb:. I thought this was a great time to suggest a members fantastic product that worked great for me and many others. PS you may want to change your name... your gonna get a bunch a spam mail using your email.

·
Premium Member
212 Posts
I guess if everything you have is compatible with iMatch spacing, your method is OK. If you need to adjust the height of the top hook with any frequency, the pins are the way to go. Obviously, your angle adjustment won't hold with pins.

I just got the BOH top hook and it really is better than the JD

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
I guess if everything you have is compatible with iMatch spacing, your method is OK. If you need to adjust the height of the top hook with any frequency, the pins are the way to go. Obviously, your angle adjustment won't hold with pins.

I just got the BOH top hook and it really is better than the JD
Knew someone would say the right thing. :laugh:

·
Registered
86 Posts
I'm new here, and just got a new 2025r with an iMatch. It does give me a bit of trouble, mostly dropping a device off. Does the extended hook really help? If so I'll get one! and what pins are you all talking about?

·
Premium Member
10,135 Posts
I'm new here, and just got a new 2025r with an iMatch. It does give me a bit of trouble, mostly dropping a device off. Does the extended hook really help? If so I'll get one! and what pins are you all talking about?
Some people have to adjust the top hook to different positions for different implements and they replace the bolt with hitch pins to make moving the hook faster.

I managed to fix up my implements to all use the same hook setting. At least the implements I currently have. :munch:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,083 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,575 Posts
Some people have to adjust the top hook to different positions for different implements and they replace the bolt with hitch pins to make moving the hook faster.

I managed to fix up my implements to all use the same hook setting. At least the implements I currently have. :munch:
All true and the pins give the hook a little "slop" to move around while hooking up or disconnecting. The bolts hold the top hook really tight and doesn't allow it to move.

·
Premium Member
13,829 Posts
Kenny's top hook really shines with implements such as the box blade, what you are experiencing takes just a simple top link adjustment in or out to take pressure off of the hook so the 3 point will drop away. My tiller was a royal PITA until Kenny invented his extended hook, and the box blade wasn't far behind that. You have Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison and Kennyd, not particularly in that order. :lol:

·
Registered
4,361 Posts
Kenny's top hook really shines with implements such as the box blade, what you are experiencing takes just a simple top link adjustment in or out to take pressure off of the hook so the 3 point will drop away. My tiller was a royal PITA until Kenny invented his extended hook, and the box blade wasn't far behind that. You have Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Edison and Kennyd, not particularly in that order. :lol:
Sheesh!! Someone is brown-nosin' for some extra shirts!! :laugh:

Although I will have to admit that Kenny is a pretty smart guy!! :good2:

·
Premium Member
13,829 Posts
Sheesh!! Someone is brown-nosin' for some extra shirts!! :laugh:

Although I will have to admit that Kenny is a pretty smart guy!! :good2:
Yup, it sucks when they are both in the dirty laundry on video day. :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts