Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 2 herniated disc and think this would be amazing for quick and easy 3 pt connections.

Also who sells them the cheapest... If they are worth it

·
Super Moderator
5,212 Posts
I think most people that have them love them. The actual iMatch that Deere makes is pretty much the same price everywhere so it doesn't really matter where you buy.

Harbor Fright has their version and that's probably the cheapest one on the market. I've seen a few people complain of some quirks with them but for the most part they get good reviews. Harbor Freight has a habit of sending out coupons pretty much daily so if you sign up for them on their site, there is a good chance you'll get a 20% off coupon in your email within a week.

·
Premium Member
14,913 Posts
I've owned both HF and now JD,, Yes JD is a nicer and for me a better deal because it was buy one more attachment and get more money off .

I had the HF for thinking close to 10 yrs. didn't use my everyday don't know it it would have but for the money and the things I used it for worked OK

Reactions: Marlin

·
Registered
741 Posts
I think Quick Hitches are great time savers if you swap your implements often. I'm far too old and out of shape to wrestle heavy attachments these days. Your JD dealer can supply them or you can find them from other makers such as Land Pride and Woods. I believe even Harbor Freight sells a cheap model and Tractor Supply sells SpeeCo.

Another option is Mutton:
John Deere iMatch Quick-Hitch

A lot of folks swear by Pat's system which is a little different.
#1 Tractor 3 Point Hitch - Quick, Easy Change System

Personally, I'd only buy a genuine Deere iMatch or Land Pride's model. You get what you pay for.

·
Super Moderator
8,154 Posts
I find the JD iMatch Quick Hitch to be very easy and convenient to use. I only have a few 3PH implements but between the Lesco core aerator, Heavy Hitch and Jamison Bryce MCS Mount it makes changeovers a breeze. :good2:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I have both the JD (old version) and HF. I would not be without it. The only con is that it is a little more difficult to get in there and hook up a PTO shaft. I use the JD on the rear 3pt and the HF on the front loader in combination with the 3pt loader adapter. If you can find the old version of the JD iMatch, that is the one to get.

Dave

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
I've not seen Imatch in use and have a question. Can this be used with a pto driven post hole digger?

With my post hole digger I remove top link and attach unit to tractor. Seems like they would not be compatible.

Reactions: Marlin and BigJim55

·
Registered
37 Posts
I Match Hitch

I have the I match Hitch and it does make it very easy to hook up my King Cutter rototiller. The price is about the same everywhere. I shopped around and did not find much difference in price

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I've not seen Imatch in use and have a question. Can this be used with a pto driven post hole digger?

With my post hole digger I remove top link and attach unit to tractor. Seems like they would not be compatible.

Nope.... You are already attaching the post hole digger the only way it can be attached.

Dave

·
Registered
12,506 Posts

nope,,,the post hole digger is a no go with a I-match. now sometime ago maybe a yr or so their was thread with pics on making a post hole digger work on a I-match. it was on TBN, that's another forum for tractors and stuff. it's called tractor by net.com, sometimes I go over their to read. he got it to work, and I suppose the way he talked it worked, but way to much effort and welding and cutting for just one item in my book, but wow-it would be nice if they came out with a I-match one. get the I-match, I'm telling u once u have one and see how effective they are to changing out ur implements u will be sold on it. good luck!!

·
Premium Member
1,004 Posts
Thanks Dave and Big Jim for the replies.

One other issue is that some of my equipment is stuff that I have fab'd and may not be within dimensional tolerances of class 1 implements...I didn't really consider that when made them. I'd have to do some measuring to see if they would work. And see how much the variation is between units

I can see how IMatch would be handy...that's why I'm interested in this. But if I have to take IMatch off to dig post holes, it may just adding to the amount of work. I'm all for reducing work.:good2:

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Thanks Dave and Big Jim for the replies.

One other issue is that some of my equipment is stuff that I have fab'd and may not be within dimensional tolerances of class 1 implements...I didn't really consider that when made them. I'd have to do some measuring to see if they would work. And see how much the variation is between units

I can see how IMatch would be handy...that's why I'm interested in this. But if I have to take IMatch off to dig post holes, it may just adding to the amount of work. I'm all for reducing work.:good2:

I have several 3pt attachments that I switch between often, although most of the summer, my rear finish mower is on the tractor. The iMatch helps tremendously. I can back up to the rock rake, box blade, harrow, or rear blade and just lift up the 3pt and flip the levers and take off. The mower takes just a little bit more as I have to hook up the PTO shaft. Mod the attachments to fit the iMatch and you will never be sorry. By modding the attachments, you only have to do it one time. If you try to change the iMatch each time, you will always have to be doing that. My rock rake did not have the top pin to fit the iMatch, so I had to fix that, but only one time. Everything else already worked fine.

Dave

·
Registered
12,506 Posts
I have several 3pt attachments that I switch between often, although most of the summer, my rear finish mower is on the tractor. The iMatch helps tremendously. I can back up to the rock rake, box blade, harrow, or rear blade and just lift up the 3pt and flip the levers and take off. The mower takes just a little bit more as I have to hook up the PTO shaft. Mod the attachments to fit the iMatch and you will never be sorry. By modding the attachments, you only have to do it one time. If you try to change the iMatch each time, you will always have to be doing that. My rock rake did not have the top pin to fit the iMatch, so I had to fix that, but only one time. Everything else already worked fine.

Dave
I 2nd everything he said. other then the post hole digger u wouldn't be changing nothing.

·
Premium Member
5,091 Posts
I wouldn't be without the I-Match. Haven't taken it off since I first installed it a couple of years ago. Frontier Box Scraper and JD 647 Tiller are on/off in seconds, except for the dreaded pto shaft which gets a little easier with each use. Price, :unknown:, I believe you get what you pay for too. But you could buy several replacements if the HF failed and still be ahead, so why not buy it. :laugh:

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Here's a related question, how well does the I-match or HF quick hitch do with ground engaging equipment? Like a rototiller or 2/3 bottom plow? Mainly concerned about the HF model as the latches are wobbly... Has anyone ever had an implement pop out?

·
Registered
536 Posts
I have a Speeco that I bought used. Works well on all my attachments including my Baker 24 chipper/shredder using the top link adapter that came with it. A couple pictures showing the Baker 24 when I bought it and after doing a restore on it.

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Here's a related question, how well does the I-match or HF quick hitch do with ground engaging equipment? Like a rototiller or 2/3 bottom plow? Mainly concerned about the HF model as the latches are wobbly... Has anyone ever had an implement pop out?
If you make sure your pins are the correct diameter (cat 3) you should be fine. The latches wobble side to side, not front to back.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts