Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Oh man, yesterday here in central New York was beautiful! It was 50+ and sunny. I decided to take off my 54" snow blower thinking no more snow. Guess what, I come in the house and watch the weather and it's telling me we are going to get up to 10" of snow IN 2 DAYS! The main reason I took it off was to put my loader on because I have 30 8'x6' fence panels coming and figured I could us the loader to move the panels out behind the house. I don't have forks but i'm thinking I can put a clamp on top of fence and pick them up using a strap around the clamp. I'll have to move one at a time but that's ok. I'm retired and have the time, just not the strength I used to have. lol
So I guess I'll get to try using my loader to move snow. SOUNDS LIKE FUN!!!! :lol:

·
Premium Member
10,733 Posts
Snowblower guy here living in PA... I **NEVER** take my snow blower off until April. There are times that the warm weather attempts to lure me into an early removal but I resist the temptation. Mother nature has screwed me over more than once. :)

·
Registered
21,239 Posts
Snowblower guy here living in PA... I **NEVER** take my snow blower off until April. There are times that the warm weather attempts to lure me into an early removal but I resist the temptation. Mother nature has screwed me over more than once. :)
We typically get out heaviest snows in March - but I did take my chains off the other day.....

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
We typically get out heaviest snows in March - but I did take my chains off the other day.....
Precisely why I bought a set of edge tamers, all of the snow last March just made a mess of the lawn and driveway. My plow is not going back on now, I will simply use the bucket and edge tamers for whatever snow we get, honestly won't even do anything if is turns out to be less than 6". Supposed to be 50 and sunny Sunday, I'll let Mother Nature clean it off if it's only a small amount.

·
Registered
4,258 Posts
March snow melts fast. If you do a fair job with the bucket it will be gone in no time.

CT you know Gizmo is going to give you the business for taking the chains off.:laugh:

·
Registered
2,137 Posts
I am tempted to remove snow set up as well....using loader works fine, good seat time, and March sun is your friend:bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
3,235 Posts
I am tempted to remove snow set up as well....using loader works fine, good seat time, and March sun is your friend:bigthumb:
My chains came off yesterday and so did the Front Snow Pusher Blade. Time to put my nice not messed up regular bucket on for clean up. Snow is melting so fast may not need to move any of it? Driveway held up nice and no real mud bogs this year so far.

·
Super Moderator
5,464 Posts
My first winter with my 2520, I used the loader. I will probably take the plow and chains off here shortly! It's not a problem using the loader.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I’ve been using my loader to plow snow on my 850’ driveway for 12 years now - I don’t understand the issue....
No issue with using loader, I'm sure it will work great! The issue is the operator who has never used a loader to remove snow!!! lol
It will be good seat time i'm sure!!!:yahoo:

·
Registered
3,670 Posts
Stan The Optimist!! :good2:

I'm taking my blade off this weekend. It's mounted on my Artillian frame (for now) so it's not a huge project to take it off or put it back on if necessary. I would have taken it off earlier in the year, but the ground is so wet, I can't take my tractor off the pavement to use it anyway, so I've just left the whole thing in the garage.

I'll strap the plow assembly to a skid and put it somewhere. Then the forks can go back on the frame where they belong! :good2:

Hopefully we don't get an April snowfall! I remember when my girls were playing fastpitch, there were games in the spring where they were playing in snow squalls. Gotta love spring sports! :banghead:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts