Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maybe

So...I need a touch of re-education.
There once was a tractor......A Hydro with NO Frame.
Was this the 2720...idk thats a blind guess.

I know a few of ya'll have this model.

My recollection...It was a Re badged Yanmar in a phase where JD was struggleing to get the "new" model to market.

So whats the real story and who has this particular unit.???

Waiting with my GutterSpike...........

·
Super Moderator
10,473 Posts
2520, 2720 and Gen1 2032R were all nearly identical. Sourced from Yanmar and built to JD specs. The 2520 has a 1.3L engine. The 2720 and 2032R have a larger 1.6L engine.

JD 2720 Specs

·
Administrator
22,373 Posts
And they all have a subframe to support the engine and front half of the tractor. Most modern tractors are built this way.

·
Administrator
22,373 Posts
And you may want to get a second opinion on your medical thesis. I’m no doctor, and there’s always something to learn about (and remember) when it comes to tractors. (y)

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
And they all have a subframe to support the engine and front half of the tractor. Most modern tractors are built this way.
Well thats the general rule but I thought there was one or two oddball hydro units that hit the market with No frame.
(front to rear)

Obviously it would have something (frame section) out front for mower or whatever other attatchments.

I sterilized the Spike.....It don't hurt too mix it up now and then does it..?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Pics or it didn’t happen

• Angry
Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well...I was reading this to mean you were wanting to get rid of a lab puppy dog ...I have had a lobotomy

• Wow
Reactions: theduke

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well...I was reading this to mean you were wanting to get rid of a lab puppy dog ...I have had a lobotomy
Well....How was it?
Seriously....I feel like I need to be realigned sometimes.

Details would be great...I may reconsider depending.......

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
2022 John Deere 4066R Cab and loader
5,720 Posts
The 2320 used a full frame to join the engine/transmission and the 2520/2720 used a cast housing to join the two halves. The 2520/2720 still utilize a front half frame to mount the front axle, grill guard, and other front accessories which is pretty standard.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Well....How was it?
Seriously....I feel like I need to be realigned sometimes.

Details would be great...I may reconsider depending.......
Examples of lobotomies are everywhere.... must be something in the water. Most drive Prius’s....Priusi?

Reactions: EVT

·
Administrator
22,373 Posts
How’s your Prius doing Randy? Did you trade for that newer one you were ranting about?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts