Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I still own lots of Stihl products, but also own Red Max products.

That darn Ethanol junk fuel has wreaked havoc on fuel related parts. I won't do business with my nearest dealer, so that's not an option. Have looked up parts at various online stores and the prices are kind of high and one or two have much higher shipping rates. Red Max calls the part where the fuel lines enter the fuel tank a PIPE COMPLETE.

Here are the three models I need parts for:
Red Max weedeater Model BCZ2600S serial#307468
parts: 521339101, 521339201, 521344201, 521344701, 544363901

Red Max hedge trimmer Model CHTZ2400-L serial#40101100
parts: 506653101, 506652901, 544363901

Red Max blower Model EB7000 serial#133151 engine serial#132176
parts: 521835501, 544363901

Thanks for any help you can offer on finding a less expensive source.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
IS it carb parts you need? I swear by the marine stabil for ethanol. Can any of the parts be cleaned and used?
Thanks for replying. I had intended to list what each part was, but after searching for hours, I was tired of typing. LOL

No, these parts are not actually on the carbs and I cannot reuse them. The main part issue is that gas leaks right where the fuel lines enter the tanks. There's a rubber disc or plug that the fuel lines pass through and the rubber parts no longer fit tight enough to prevent leakage of fuel. Red Max lists them as being a Pipe Complete, since the fuel line and primer line are included with the round rubber part.

On my Stihl trimmers and blowers, I've already had to replace the primer bulbs and figured that since I'm already having to replace some other parts, I had better go ahead and replace the bulbs on the Red Max machines before they also split. Also need a couple of items for a RM weedeater that are called AIR PIPES. They are made of rubber and have replaced them once before. Must've been a common problem with these parts cracking, because the part numbers were changed. Guess they redesigned them. The engine sounds very odd when the pipes crack.

The air filter elements also need replacing. These elements are very small and are just a punched out piece of foam. If I wasn't in need of several parts for four machines (decided to not use the stick edger for now), the price on the foam elements wouldn't appear so pricey. But when you have to pay $6to $8 for a tiny piece of foam and then pay $9+ for shipping, it adds up and seems to be grossly over priced.

Just for the three machines, I need at least 10 parts.

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
In case anyone else out there is needing Red Max parts as I was, check out Red Max Parts Direct. They were much less than buying from a dealer. I ended up needing several parts and not because Red Max machines are not durable. These were parts that the ethanol type fuel helps to damage and also the extreme heat here does its share of cracking rubber and plastic parts. If the dealer I prefer to buy from was closer it might not have been as big of deal. But, there have been times that I made the drive there and ordered the part and then came back another day when the part arrived to find out that the wrong part was ordered.

Mistakes happen, but I have a lot of property to maintain and usually need the parts in a hurry.
Red Max Parts Direct is located about an hour away and they stock a huge inventory of parts.

·
Premium Member
1,074 Posts
Red Green

I'm glad I'm not the only one that's found that instead of buying (disposable) 'crap' line trimmers, at $69-, to get a Red Max, as I did! I absolutely love it! If I can help you with your parts search.......PM me! I've got a great dealer! ~Scotty370

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm glad I'm not the only one that's found that instead of buying (disposable) 'crap' line trimmers, at $69-, to get a Red Max, as I did! I absolutely love it! If I can help you with your parts search.......PM me! I've got a great dealer! ~Scotty370
Sorry I'm late responding. Just now noticed your reply. I've been so busy lately and usually don't get to stay on here long.

I'll definitely keep it in mind about the dealer you mentioned. The dealer I once used got thousands of my dollars over the years(not exaggerating) when I owned a landscaping business and the tree trimming business. They got to where they became full of themselves and started treating customers like they were disposable. They really liked to brag about sales volumes and other things. Other folks had dropped them long before I did, because of the uppity attitude and rude behavior. Finally I started getting the same treatment and even after all the years I had bought from them instead of others, was treated as though I might try and walk out without paying.:unknown: They knew me well and my character, but still treated me like a potential thief. After that, me, myself, and I and my wallet never came back. And you better believe they noticed and wondered why I never came back, because I often purchased from them more than once a week.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.