Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an iPhone 5 and a Macbook. I'm running the most up to date software on both.

I'm trying to transfer my music via iTunes from the laptop to the phone, and it has worked well. I'm having a problem with one album in particular; it transfers and plays fine, but doesn't show up under the artist's name on my phone. It's listed correctly in iTunes on the laptop, but when I sync with the phone that album goes into the 'Compilation' file of the music app on the phone and doesn't show up under the artist's name. I can't figure out how to modify it on the phone, and all the info is correct on the laptop.

I should've just stuck with CDs...:banghead:

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
You probably need to change the album information on your laptop. If you right click on the song in iTunes and select info you can edit all of the album information.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
I'd like to help, but Buck Owens is stuck in my 8-Track Player.

·
Administrator
17,327 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Apparently the iPhone doesn't like real country. :laugh:

I have a Hank Williams disc set I'm having the problem with. Two of the songs originally had the artist listed as Luke the Drifter, so the phone put it in 'compilations' because it didn't know Luke is Hank. I edited it on the laptop and changed the artist to Hank just like all the other songs, deleted the album off the phone and re-synced it. Still no change.

·
Registered
123 Posts
I had this problem with some albums as well. Changing album information isn't the answer. You have to change it in the settings. I don't remember the specifics but I found the answer by googling it. There will be a pick box that needs to be unchecked.
Sorry I couldn't be more specific
Oh....and I hate Apple products as well :)

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Apparently the iPhone doesn't like real country. :laugh:

I have a Hank Williams disc set I'm having the problem with. Two of the songs originally had the artist listed as Luke the Drifter, so the phone put it in 'compilations' because it didn't know Luke is Hank. I edited it on the laptop and changed the artist to Hank just like all the other songs, deleted the album off the phone and re-synced it. Still no change.

Double check that the Album artist is correct also. I have found that things like <spaces> and capital letters can cause issues as well.

itunes.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Double check that the Album artist is correct also. I have found that things like <spaces> and capital letters can cause issues as well.

View attachment 41267
That was it! Thanks! :drinks: I went through and redid the individual song artists, but somehow missed the album artist. Once I changed that it worked.

Of course, it still has the 'mixed artists' version of the album on my phone as a compilation that I can't seem to get rid of, and I can't figure out how to add or remove just one album from the phone without resyncing all the music. This really has the potential to be cool, but right now it's a bit irritating. :laugh:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So I went into the music app in my phone and deleted the three 'compilation' albums. That removed them not only from compilations, but from the artist listing as well, and now I can't put them back on my phone. Synced with iTunes on the laptop, and even when I check them in iTunes they won't go back on my phone.

I really should've just stuck to CDs. I even bought one of those snazzy little things that go on the sun visor that the discs slide into.

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I deleted all the music from my phone, planning to just start over clean.

Now no music will go onto my phone through iTunes. I select "Sync entire library", then hit apply. It syncs, then has no music on the phone. I really like the iPhone, but when we upgrade next month I may have an Android if this thing doesn't start to cooperate...

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
Classic reason they are called "Smarter than me" phones!!! :mocking: But I have a feeling I am going to be heading down the road to ownership of one of those devices by year's end. It will be kicking and screaming though!!! :banghead: :gaah:

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I finally got it. I told it not to sync music and applied, then synced music and applied. Seems to have worked, the music is on the phone where I want it.

The iPhone is supposed to be super simple, easy to use. It's generally pretty user friendly, but sometimes it really gets on my nerves...

·
Administrator
20,370 Posts
Just wait until your Photostream screws up and the "cloud" loses several hundred of your photos. You know, the ones you thought were safe.....

I recently lost about 3 months worth of pictures that are unrecoverable thanks to Apple's magic when I upgraded. I even followed all of the required backing up and syncing before swapping over.

Then today I can't get photos I took yesterday to sync to the computer today. If I "share" them, some Apple thing won't let me move the file as I see fit. So in a nutshell I can't share the pics with you guys. I had to post the pics from my phone.

I'd like to see the software live up to Apple's claims.

·
Registered
139 Posts
When someone asks for help with their Apple device, I usually have two words of good advice for them:

Android and Microsoft! :laugh: :flag_of_truce:
ya because the Zune was amazing (said my brother and the other guy that bought one...).

·
Registered
892 Posts
If someone ever tells you that Microsoft doesn't have any problems that someone must not be using Microsoft products.

Simply put, EVERYTHING has problems these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 36 Posts