Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wasn't sure if I should buy from them or not but the reviews of people who did finally get their order seemed to have nothing to say but the product is great. But everyone seemed to say their customer service sucked and boy are they right.

I placed an order two weeks ago today and the only thing I asked was to know when they estimated delivery. Guess what? I only hear crickets. Why does a company whos product is supposedly so good have such crappy service?

I also wonder why a great site like this one allows them to be part of it without telling them their customer service must get better. They take the money so quick you would think they are just sitting there waiting but asking for things like a estimated delivery is just ignored.

Like I said above I hope the product is as good as people say and its just the customer service is their only poor unaceptable service.

Well I just wanted to vent a little and let people know the customer service is just getting worse and worse. I am going to post this on a few other websites and also open a BBB complaint. I will also look for any other cites to warn people. I can only hope at least the product arrives someday. Businesses today seem to more and more just want money and the customer service be dammed. Thanks for letting me vent. .

·
Registered
233 Posts
Put some meat on the bones. How and when did you contact them after placing the order? Phone call? Have to assume emaile due to the "crickets". Any follow up on your side?

I understand getting pi$$ed off, but seems a bit much. Your milage may vary.

·
Premium Member
18,093 Posts
I wasn't sure if I should buy from them or not but the reviews of people who did finally get their order seemed to have nothing to say but the product is great. But everyone seemed to say their customer service sucked and boy are they right.

I placed an order two weeks ago today and the only thing I asked was to know when they estimated delivery. Guess what? I only hear crickets. Why does a company whos product is supposedly so good have such crappy service?

I also wonder why a great site like this one allows them to be part of it without telling them their customer service must get better. They take the money so quick you would think they are just sitting there waiting but asking for things like a estimated delivery is just ignored.

Like I said above I hope the product is as good as people say and its just the customer service is their only poor unaceptable service.

Well I just wanted to vent a little and let people know the customer service is just getting worse and worse. I am going to post this on a few other websites and also open a BBB complaint. I will also look for any other cites to warn people. I can only hope at least the product arrives someday. Businesses today seem to more and more just want money and the customer service be dammed. Thanks for letting me vent. .
I never received another email , after the very first email., till apx 4 weeks later saying my toothbar was out for delivery.

You can complain all you want to BBB, by the time they get anything to the company your toothbar will be at your house and probably a month old.

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm not going to bat for crappy service since non-replies abound in most every industry these days but to mention that most of these folks making toys for our tractors are small operations.

Between COVID and logistics issues and a huge demand for items due to uncle sugar's money flying around the little guys are juggling a lot of priorities.

And being private industry that has to turn a profit to keep the doors open they likely have a shortage of office staff for a few reasons that I'd get banned if I went on a rant about.

They might deserve a tar and feathering... but give them a little more of a chance to earn it.

·
Premium Member
18,093 Posts
I'm not going to bat for crappy service since non-replies abound in most every industry these days but to mention that most of these folks making toys for our tractors are small operations.

Between COVID and logistics issues and a huge demand for items due to uncle sugar's money flying around the little guys are juggling a lot of priorities.

And being private industry that has to turn a profit to keep the doors open they likely have a shortage of office staff for a few reasons that I'd get banned if I went on a rant about.

They might deserve a tar and feathering... but give them a little more of a chance to earn it.

WELL SAID (y) (y) (y) (y) (y)

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I don't know what your problem is? I ordered my bar from them last spring in the midst of the pandemic & had to wait two months or soo. I contacted them once in the later half by email asking what was going on & sent me one back stating that it was being built & they are a small company with not alot of people & it would be shipped soon. I received it a couple days later with excellent packaging. A great product made in the USA. I would definitely order from them again.

·
Registered
1,976 Posts
Let's not turn this around on the buyer please. I've dealt with these guys and the OP is correct. They have a poor attitude towards their customer base, a very poor customer response record, and poor shipping practices. And the worst part is that we, the people buying their products, enable their piss poor attitude and support.

·
Registered
339 Posts
They may indeed not have the best customer service. But, expecting instant replies to questions like "when will it ship" from a small company in the middle of a pandemic is a stretch especially when YOU WERE TOLD WHEN IT WILL SHIP. We only need ONE thread detailing this transaction that so far has nothing wrong. They tell you before you order how long it will take. I don't understand the need for instant gratification/information on what you already have been told.
If you don't receive the product you ordered and during the time frame you were told, then you can complain.
I mean they could just lie to you like most other companies these days and keep stringing you along. They tell you what you need to know up front, four to six weeks, means 28 - 42 days.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Let's not turn this around on the buyer please. I've dealt with these guys and the OP is correct. They have a poor attitude towards their customer base, a very poor customer response record, and poor shipping practices. And the worst part is that we, the people buying their products, enable their piss poor attitude and support.
I'm surely not doing that. Crappy service is crappy service. It abounds these days.

If the product is of exceptional quality some of us choose to ignore the crappy service.

Should I be mad that Deere STILL hasn't bumped up the delivery date of my tractor after almost a two month wait?

·
Registered
313 Posts
Canceling the order is not that easy. I tried to stop an order and get a refund eight weeks into their 4-6 week projection since by then I didn't have any stumps left to dig out with the ripper. I also asked them a question about the effect of their BH quick connector on the position of the bucket and did not receive a reply of any kind. I never did hear from them about anything, but the order did finally show up.

All that being said, their products and craftsmanship are very good and I found ways to modify things to make them work on my machine. I even ordered from them again and received the trencher bucket in about two weeks.

I agree that their customer service is lacking, at least at the communication level, and there is no excuse for that - COVID or otherwise. The fact that they charge the credit card immediately and don't respond to any inquiries for weeks is kind of spooky. But that is just aggravating rather than harmful in the long run and their products really are worth the wait. They should at least just be upfront about things when asked and do as most businesses - small and large - do and not charge for the product until it is ready to ship.

·
Premium Member
18,093 Posts
Never dealt with the company , only the one time.
Go grocery shopping or try to order a new car or truck . A lot of them have most of what you want , but not everything they had a year ago.
With covid, lack of supplies , lack of workers .
I agree a company should reply to a customer in a decent amount of time . But no need to take them to the cleaners .
If you always had say 4 workers and now you only have 2 even 3 . Something every day isn't going to get done.. You can only work xx # of hours a day or week or month. After to many hours quality goes down. , do you want a good quality product or OK we got this out to you in 2 weeks ,, OH we missed welding the back side or only sharpened part of the toothbar.
I know I'll catch heck on this , but some of the crap some of the auto companies are sending to the dealer to sell. Then the dealer , same thing part staff , and they miss service items , same for JD or any other brand tractor dealer.

We are living in a different world than one year ago.

·
Registered
339 Posts
This kind of BS makes me glad I don't have a business and have to deal with the general public.

·
Registered
1,730 Posts
I wasn't trying to do that. But I was just trying to say patience is of the essence. I realize they may have poor customer service but you know who dosn't now a days. That's what we have to deal with.

·
Registered
598 Posts
I agree, customer service is poor and they certainly would benefit greatly by taking this seriously and upping their game. The hard part is making a great product at a fair price. Being responsive to customer inquiries is actually the easy part. No reason they can't do better.

However, their products are top notch and they aren't arrogant a-holes like some others in every attachment business. I have purchased a few things and still have a wish list.

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,984 Posts
The fact that they charge the credit card immediately and don't respond to any inquiries for weeks is kind of spooky. But that is just aggravating rather than harmful in the long run and their products really are worth the wait. They should at least just be upfront about things when asked and do as most businesses - small and large - do and not charge for the product until it is ready to ship.
I can't speak to BXpanded specifically, however depending on the backend credit card processing- sometimes this isn't easily done or reasonably possible, even more so with e-commerce purchases. My backend credit card processor does an authorization against the card and I manually have to "capture" the payment. I have 4 days to capture that payment, otherwise it expires and a new authorization requires customer involvement; I also don't have access to card account numbers which helps with my costs for customer data protection. I don't offer many products (one currently and have done a presale for another) that are not in my possession and ready to ship because that's part of my business model. When its made known that the product isn't going to ship for a "while" and the purchase is still made with that attribute being known, whether the payment is collected at time of shipment or immediately isn't a big deal (to me). I would hesitate to pay for something like that from a company that doesn't have long history or good reputation.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
1023e, pallet forks and a box blade for now...
47 Posts
Well..... I can say I bought a toothbar from them and waited 5.9 weeks before I broke down and emailed the company. I had a return email within 30min saying it was delivered at my gate. I felt like an ASS for bugging them and I love the bar so far. It states on the website the current lead time and it was delivered within that time....... I have only had one personal experience dealing with this company and I find it is hard to bitch when the facts are right there in front of you regarding lead times..... I wanted a tooth bar right now but I didn't want to pay $500 for a PTB (now) and a HH bar didn't blow wind up my skirt.

Did I want it faster, sure. Was it delivered on time, yep. One happy customer.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I'm still waiting for my products. My only complaint is there business model. I looked back in the history on this site and it appears that they have always had this incredible long wait time.

I get that they dont want to over produce but really. This surely would make most business owners think that it might be time to hire another person or 2 or 3 or 4.

Just thinking out loud.

·
Registered
654 Posts
I was told it would take 4 to 6 weeks to get my tooth bar. It took 5. Communications throughout the entire sale was excellent. Call the number or send them an email and prove me wrong.

If you guys are contemplating a project now or in the near future, go to the Home store today. Stock up on PVC especially.

Reactions: Mackford13

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
This makes Titan sound spectacular!! :)

Seriously though, anyone using the "we're in a pandemic so crappy service is to be expected" is just ridiculous at this point. Unless you're part of an industry with significant gov restrictions (restaurant, entertainment) there's no reason business** should be notably different than it ever was.

And no matter how small of an operation you have, if you can't take some time out of your day to respond to a customer (or potential customer) within a reasonable window (day or two) then you just don't deserve the business. Running a business is a comprehensive endeavor. You can't just focus on manufacturing and skip the customer interaction or accounts receivable/payable sides of things. Don't make excuses for crap like that... you just facilitate it. Nobody is expecting a 5 min turnaround with a perfect answer to your e-mail question but not answering for weeks is inexcusable.

I know this site has some vendors that people just adore and swoon over and others that they love to hate on. But we should all be acknowledging things a business does well and be able to point out the things they don't in equal measure.

** ETA: "business customer service".

1 - 20 of 55 Posts