Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, I will first say I am very "green" to tractor knowledge. I have recently purchased what I think is a 710 model tractor, all was working when I brought it home but now when I started it up & tried the hydraulics nothing seems to work. I checked the hyd level & it was empty so I filled it up & noticed that both pto's were spinning very slow (not like before). So here are some newbie questions:

There is a lever on the right side of the 2 gear selectors - what does this do? I was underneath the gear that the hyd tank hose goes to was barely turning.
The local supplier (not JD) sold me generic hyd fuild 32 - What should it be?
What fluid goes into the pto - looks like there was a dip stick there also.
Is there a manual available that will explain all the levers & maintenance needed?
At the pto I was wondering were to attach the center bar for a plow.

Thanks in advance for any help & advice.

Attachments

·
Registered
23,252 Posts
Your tractor model should have 4 digits. I am no good at guessing by sight but it looks kind of the size of a 2020. Some others here should be able to help much better with that.

710 which is a 3 digit number is more likely the loader model.

See if you can find a model/serial plate -

024A126D-91D0-4F1C-B532-F7E0A51CBCBA.jpeg

·
Premium Member
2,783 Posts
on my 1020 the dip stick for tranny fluid is on the left floor board by your heel. If your hydraulics are slow I would flush the system and look for a sump screen. If this screen is plugged your hydros move real slow. Not knowing the history of your tractor I would flush all fluids and change all filters. good luck

Reactions: rob19 and CADplans

·
Registered
12,210 Posts

·
Registered
899 Posts
Your tractor model should have 4 digits. I am no good at guessing by sight but it looks kind of the size of a 2020. Some others here should be able to help much better with that.

710 which is a 3 digit number is more likely the loader model.

See if you can find a model/serial plate -

View attachment 673058

Reactions: CADplans

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
You show the tractor parked in the snow,,
if there is any water in the hydraulic fluid,, the water will turn to ice when the temperature is below freezing.

So, if it worked when it was warm, but, not at below freezing temperature,,
there may be water in the hydraulic oil,,,:flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
594 Posts
I am a newbie myself. I spent some time wandering the JD sites and this might be a start for you.
John Deere Operator Manual | Parts & Services | John Deere US
Since none of these have links to a pdf you'll probably have to go to the Technical Publications page to buy one.
John Deere Technical Information Store

If you search on model 710 you'll also get everything with 710 in the model number. I narrow things down a bit by getting just the English ones listed.
I still have trouble finding things on their site.

Good luck.
Forgot to mention, the first link will show manual numbers and you can search on them to save a lot of eye wear and tear. I had to pick the 710 from the tractor subheading to get this page.
I jsut did what I said to do, search on the manual number and got here.
https://techpubs.deere.com/Products/ProductSearch.aspx
Past time for bed.

Reactions: rob19 and BigJim55

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks like the links didn't retain the search parameters.
The 710 tractor TM looks like manual SM4002.
The 47 loader (from the first picture) OM looks like manual OMC19032.
I'm still learning how to use GTT as well.

Good luck.

Reactions: rob19

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Update

Found the serial Number: SNM53LA011321CD 20190314_103820.jpg
The hydraulics are now working. Don't laugh but there is a lever to the right of the seat that engages them. Also found out that the lever to the left of the seat when pulled up engages the possi.
One issue I do have is small lever on the back for the 3 point hitch. I cant seem to move it without a cheater. The is also 2 levers to the right of the seat together, what do those things do?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts