Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Trailer is hooked up..... Looking forward to testing out the power steering. I am suprised it came in today with the holiday. Pictures to follow Wednesday afternoon.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
hearsay.....

but looking forward to pics....and maybe a video? BTW, I'm so jealous. :yahoo:

·
Registered
11,401 Posts
hearsay.....

but looking forward to pics....and maybe a video? BTW, I'm so jealous. :yahoo:
...a video with sound. I want to hear it.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting it out for pictures :wink:

We still on for the race and tug-of-war with our new 'Gators'? :lol: I hope you really like that power steering - it's the only thing I wish my Gator had!

·
Premium Member
10,057 Posts
Yeah, I'm waiting it out for pictures :wink:

We still on for the race and tug-of-war with our new 'Gators'? :lol: I hope you really like that power steering - it's the only thing I wish my Gator had!
Load your HPX up in your new Ford Gator and haul them both down here to me. I'll make you a deal on the HPX, then when you get home you can go buy a cup of coffee and dream about power steering after you pay for the fuel you burned. :laugh:

Joking aside, congrats Brian. Can't wait to see pictures and get your first impressions of it.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
CHRISTMAS in September, Lucky Daug!:yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,086 Posts
:munch:!

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
Its getting ready to rain, but this is night and day different from my 850. Its so quiet many will never know its a diesel. I will do a video when its not raining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Looks great Brian! How's the power steering?

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
So far I drove it on and off the trailer. Power Seering is amazing! Its pouring rain gere, so I took this quick video.

Sounds louder in the video than in person.

·
Premium Member
792 Posts
So far I drove it on and off the trailer. Power Seering is amazing! Its pouring rain gere, so I took this quick video.

Sounds louder in the video than in person.
Very cool!

I forgot to mention before, but that is one great looking F150 you got! I really like the tires on it :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks. It has a small war wound on the tailgate today from the trailer. I was trying to do things to quickly in the rain......:empathy:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts
Too cool, good luck with it.:good2:

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Its getting ready to rain, but this is night and day different from my 850. Its so quiet many will never know its a diesel. I will do a video when its not raining.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
Night and day different than the 850d? WOW! How would you compare it to gas, as in a 625i? This makes me lean even more towards getting a diesel Gator.

·
Premium Member
3,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well, last night my wife and I took it out to look at the pumpkins. Besides her loving the power steering, the first thing she said to me was, wow, we can talk to each other without yelling at an idle. Once you are off idle, it has the same sound as the 825i does. It reminds me of a honda civic with a 5" pipe on the back. :lol: Its smooth and does not sound like a diesel off idle.

Next we are impressed by how smooth the clutch engages. There is no jerking or reving and waiting for the clutch to catch, especially in reverse. It makes driving around with other people very pleasant. Neither my wife nor I wanted a new gator or hated out old one, but we both walked away from our short ride saying it was money well spent.

Our 850D used to shake pretty bad at idle. This one is smooth as you can see in the video.

One of the other HUGE differences is the bed. It is so much larger that is makes the whole vehicle seem larger.

I have drove the 825i and not the 855D and I will say, the 825i is slightly quicker from 0-30, but not by much.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts