Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my wife’s cub cadet stopped running right and she decided she’d try the 955. I’m in trouble boys. Now I have to fight my son and my wife for seat time.

My son teaching her how to operate it.

Mowing away in our little field.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
We’re praying for you.

We were replacing bad fence posts today and have the post hole digger on the bobcat so to pull the broken one I had mine run the 2038R and lifted them with a chain around around the top link on the quick tach. Actually I was surprised how much pull it had. Got questions like why is there no reverse lever, there sure is a lot of buttons and levers and I did not know it could go so slow in reverse but I guess since I was the chain man that was good. I am safe for now unless she gets used to it. You my friend are never going to get her back on the cub. It will seem like she is being beat to death and she will notice on the first pass.

·
Super Moderator
5,112 Posts
Have you considered taking up a new hobby? 'Cause you may not be getting that tractor back. I hear knitting can be very relaxing! :laugh:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have you considered taking up a new hobby? 'Cause you may not be getting that tractor back. I hear knitting can be very relaxing! :laugh:
Well I need another old tractor for me. Maybe a H.

·
Premium Member
5,558 Posts
You had better play that for all it’s worth on how hard it is and that you’re doing it just for her. Guilt can be the only possible reason she is getting back on it. Even if the 955 doesn’t fit everywhere that just means the landscaping will be changed so it will.

·
Premium Member
12,285 Posts
So my wife’s cub cadet stopped running right and she decided she’d try the 955. I’m in trouble boys. Now I have to fight my son and my wife for seat time.
I'm afraid it's over for you my friend.

·
Premium Member
13,417 Posts

Looks like you need to buy another tractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,266 Posts
Looks like you need to buy another tractor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
There it is right there. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ It's called a blessing in disguise. She gets the 955 and you get the one of your choice. All you have to do is go out and find the one you want. :bigthumb:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Buy a Gator or any SxS, trust me here. A ZTR may work also. Good luck.:lolol:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well it’s official. I’m screwed. This morning on my walk the Mrs told me that she thinks she’ll just mow with the 955 from now on. It’s more comfortable and had a much bigger deck allowing her to mow the yard faster. She was even telling her mom how nice it was to use.

Yes I’m now just a tractor mechanic.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,512 Posts
Well it’s official. I’m screwed. This morning on my walk the Mrs told me that she thinks she’ll just mow with the 955 from now on. It’s more comfortable and had a much bigger deck allowing her to mow the yard faster. She was even telling her mom how nice it was to use.

Yes I’m now just a tractor mechanic. :cry: :cry: :cry:
Buy a Gator or any SxS, trust me here. A ZTR may work also. Good luck.:lolol:
Make that a ZTR. :lol:

·
Premium Member
9,272 Posts

Yes I’m now just a tractor mechanic.
:cry: :cry: :cry:

"Well it’s official. I’m screwed." Not so fast J3.

You can always invoke my fathers rule: You use it, you maintain it. You break it, you fix it."

The way I see it the Mrs. needs to get busy on the Cub Cadet and likely the 955 needs a bath and greasing.

All you need is an official Gizmo Supervisors Chair and some cold beer.

:munch:

·
Registered
2,848 Posts
You can always invoke my fathers rule: You use it, you maintain it. You break it, you fix it."
You think that'll protect you? You've not seen all my maint posts lately? I need to trademark "If clueless Diane can do it, ANYONE can do it." :lol:

We've had our 1025r almost 2 years & I've not yet sat on it. I claim it's because we're maximizing our physical ablilities: he can do stuff if running tractor & I do the groundwork. All true, but in the background is the radial saw situation. He claims we bought it but he didn't get to use it. My version is that he had a full-time job and I was doing contract work from home, so my time was flexible. We needed the shop framed, so I built walls during day & we'd put them up when he got home. That's when sewing lost its appeal... :laugh:

·
Registered
5,984 Posts

What the he77 got into your grey matter cavity, what were you thinking?:dunno:I always considered you a smart man and a possible Pappa's think tank candidate..............no more!

I can see him now on the couch with fingers ripping into the balls of yarn sharing knitting stories and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon with another demasculated gender neutral wearing apparel ,funny hat owner, ex-tractor driving shell of a man guy on here!:lolol:

I'm afraid it's over for you my friend.
The fat lady has sung, so sad!:lolol:

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
I wish y'all had started this thread before I showed my wife how to use the tractor last week. :banghead::banghead: After about 15 on the tractor she had a twinkle in her eyes and was beginning to understand my 'tractor therapy' comments. Oh well.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
What the he77 got into your grey matter cavity, what were you thinking?:dunno:I always considered you a smart man and a possible Pappa's think tank candidate..............no more!

I can see him now on the couch with fingers ripping into the balls of yarn sharing knitting stories and drinking Pabst Blue Ribbon with another demasculated gender neutral wearing apparel ,funny hat owner, ex-tractor driving shell of a man guy on here!:lolol:

The fat lady has sung, so sad!:lolol:
Well someone has to do the push mowing and trimming. So at least I’m man enough to do that. Can’t let the little lady do all the hard work.

And she doesn’t know how to use the loader so I might be safe with that for a little while anyway.

Knitting hell no.

And I don’t drink so non of that other crap either.

And if it keeps me from having to now as much and a little more tome to tinker and do other projects so be it.

I still have the 955 at work.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts