Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
4052R HOOS, 440R MSL, 485A
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
edited for spelling
Mrs. Hat's allergies have subsided since the tractor was delivered, and she wanted a run down on how to use it. I go through the usuals from daily start-up checks, buttons, levers, and maintenance. She helped moved a bunch of dirt to prep for a French drain behind the pool. We were going to grade out an area by the pool to get ready for some new trees, but I got called into work.

Later this evening I get this photo with the following text:
Sky Ecoregion Plant Road surface Asphalt

The kids decided to take a nap after lunch, so I tried out the box blade and leveled the area by the pool. The tractor is a lot of fun! I have a bunch of new projects I want to do now. I also washed the tractor.
There were a couple of swales and depressions from trees that were taken out when the pool was put in. She got rid of the swales and got a good slope into our water run-off area in the grass patch.

·
Premium Member
4052R HOOS, 440R MSL, 485A
319 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
edited for spelling
Not only that but she seems pretty good at it.
The conversation on the drive home was about how she spent the first hour just playing with the different settings to see how the output changes. She wants to do the driveway and easement next.

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
And she washed it..........Your fine.......You get to upgrade as She'll claim that one.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
edited for spelling
Mrs. Hat's allergies have subsided since the tractor was delivered, and she wanted a run down on how to use it. I go through the usuals from daily start-up checks, buttons, levers, and maintenance. She helped moved a bunch of dirt to prep for a French drain behind the pool. We were going to grade out an area by the pool to get ready for some new trees, but I got called into work.

View attachment 840422

There were a couple of swales and depressions from trees that were taken out when the pool was put in. She got rid of the swales and got a good slope into our water run-off area in the grass patch.
Next thing you know she'll be out making money running a tractor business while you're home watching the kids 🤣

·
Registered
5,007 Posts
Beard Smile Military camouflage Adaptation Facial hair

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
516 Posts
That is too funny she is a keeper !
Just yesterday I was working on my tractor adding some forward mounted LED lights above the windshield on my cab and needed my wife to hold a wrench so I could tighten the bolts from inside.
My wife was looking at all the levers and wanted to know what they all do .

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,402 Posts
"I think I might have lost my tractor" Yup you sure did. 🤣
I'll have to agree, she is good at it.

FWIW, my wife is very good with a landscape rake, much better than I am. Compared to her mine looks like a moron did the work. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
What's the problem? She did a good job, took care of actual work that needed done and showed respect and care for the equipment, so just let her have it.

This means you can BUY ANOTHER ONE for yourself! You know to help her out, make the work go faster, as a backup, whatever. Keep a rag in your back pocket. Whenever you get out of your new tractor and spot her looking, whip out the rag, wipe your forehead and mutter "sure is hot in there" ... then get back in and enjoy your air conditioned cab ;)

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,535 Posts
She's a keeper! Good job on your part on finding her.

·
Registered
395 Posts
She did good. It seems you chose wisely, and I'm not talking about the tractor.

(Edit to add: looks like @Levi just beat me to the same conclusion.)

·
Premium Member
9,248 Posts
That looks better than some other owners work I’ve seen. How much does she charge?

·
Registered
6 Posts
A few years ago I got 10 ton of class 5 gravel delivered to spread around my new man cave ( a 33X 35 pole shed) . I was out of town for work so my better half decided to spread it out for me with my 1025r with 10 hours on it. She did call me to ask how to start my tractor. My response was "stay off my tractor" . Like that worked!! She put the bucket through the one steel sheet with the electrical and gas line in it. I get it new toy in a new shed and a big pile of rock to move. I came home to a hole in my shed and a scratched bucket. I'm sure the neighbors heard me. No body got killed so life goes on. She has not been in the seat since even when I ask her to learn (while I'm there). I did just trade to a 2025R!!! No complaints from the finance department when I ordered it.:)

·
Premium Member
10,123 Posts
That looks better than some other owners work I’ve seen. How much does she charge?
That gets me to thinking. As nice of a job as she did that’s a lot of pressure the next time he needs to do something.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts