Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I think of uses for another attachment for my loader, moving brush is third or fourth down the list of frequent jobs that need done.

Other than the moving material, and minor digging that my bucket can do,, I think the next attachment needs to be more powerful than my loader bucket.

A stump bucket sure would be a powerful digging tool, adding a grapple to a stump bucket might be just the answer all of my needs,,,

This looks like a powerful tool. able to dig pretty deep, and able to move rocks that I constantly struggle with,,,

I try to look at most grapple threads, but, I do not think I have seen this type grapple discussed,,

There seems to be several people that offer virtually identical grapples,, even though the specs seem identical, the weight specified varies by 200 pounds,,,

So, has anyone used one of these?

·
Registered
152 Posts
I haven't used one but have looked at lots of pictures as ongoing research before heading to the welding bench to build one. I think this is my next loader accessory build. They look pretty useful.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
That looks like it would be nice for firewood chunking up logs with a chainsaw as well.
Any links to that for curiosity sake?
*guessing it's a skid steer grapple judging by step traction strip.

Reactions: rtgt and CADplans

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That looks like it would be nice for firewood chunking up logs with a chainsaw as well.
Any links to that for curiosity sake?
*guessing it's a skid steer grapple judging by step traction strip.
My tractor is "skid steer attachment" ready,,,

Extreme Duty Stump Bucket Grapple - Skid Steer Attachment Depot

There are a couple on eBay that are John Deere Attachment ready,, I just glanced at those,,,

The attachment is offered by several people,, I do not know if they are made in one place, or copies of each other,,

Even though the specs are the same (length, width, material thickness,, etc,,) the specified weight runs from 500 to 700 pounds,,, :dunno:

Reactions: blue87fj60 and rtgt

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I just have to make the observation that it looks like a prop for the next Alien movie. If I was clearing allot of land I would want one.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
That would be a nice addition to the tool shed for sure.

I am not sure if I have enough tractor/loader to make that sucker really work.

CAD - your IH would really like playing with that.

BTW, well need pictures!

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That would be a nice addition to the tool shed for sure.

I am not sure if I have enough tractor/loader to make that sucker really work.
Search "stump bucket" on eBay,, there are over 100 offerings,,
I believe you can find one small enough,,
heck, they even have one for the Dingo loader,, that is pretty small,,,

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
Search "stump bucket" on eBay,, there are over 100 offerings,,
I believe you can find one small enough,,
heck, they even have one for the Dingo loader,, that is pretty small,,,
Shush... not so loud, the wife might be listening....:lol:

:bigthumb:

Reactions: CADplans

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts

·
Registered
722 Posts
That picture looks like half of a grapple :lolol:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
My neighbor has the stump bucket portion of this and uses it with his 25hp Kubota. It works well and does a much better job on getting stumps out than my hoe bucket, which does a great job, but is much shorter and lighter than his.

My only concern is the weight of it. What size tractor do you intent to put it on? Something like that needs to go on a pretty good size tractor, I know it would be useless on my 3E series of tractor.

I have an artillian root grapple and I have taken the two side rakes off of it and just use the grapple portion. You have to be careful when picking up really long logs to make sure you have a good center of balance. Also all of the force of the tractor/hydraulics is now centered on the narrow bucket when you dig with it. No big deal but you just have to be aware of the forces at work on such a small portion of your equipment. With bucket as heavy as the one in the picture it might cause something on the tractor to break if you start digging with it.

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
:bigthumb:

When you posted this I was thinking I hope that is a good stump grapple.

Of course I knew what you were putting it on...

Reactions: CADplans
1 - 13 of 13 Posts