Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a new 1025R with the H120 premium loader package. Also I got 42" forks (850x600 #102027). The manual for the forks say "important to avoid machine damage install only on 200, 300, 400 or 500 series loaders. The forks do seem big and heavy for my little SCUT.

Any thoughts?
-Tony

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Are these the Frontier forks?

The only set of forks that I know of that are lightweight and strong are made by Artillian. Super nice product with lots of available accessories. He has an awesome reputation with his customers. His forks are around 100-200 pounds lighter than any others out there. That weight difference is huge when you only have about 800 pounds of lift to begin with.

Chris is a GTT supporting vendor with his own forum here.:thumbup1gif:

:wgtt:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376138903.238171.jpg here is the manual I got but the sticker on the forks say AL1240F an this manual is all for AB and AP models. I am just nor sure how best to tell you what I have.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Tony,
:wgtt:

The H120 loader replaced the 200cx loader, so when it reads "200" series, the H120 can be assumed since the other labels and documentation has not caught up yet with the new numbering system.

Now, that said...you are probably correct that the forks you have are to heavy, the Frontier forks mentioned above are close to 400lbs: https://www.muttonpower.com/store/p-4128-frontier-fixed-pallet-forks-ap12f.aspx

Since we are unsure what forks you have, we can only assume they are comparable to these and to heavy for your machine. Check out the Artillian site, lots of great info there.

·
Administrator
20,983 Posts
Thanks, I will check it out. BTW if 400lbs it too heavy what should I be looking for? 200, 300?
The lighter your forks, the greater the lift capacity. Heavy forks take away from what load you can lift. So the lighter the better.

·
Administrator
18,542 Posts
Thanks, I will check it out. BTW if 400lbs it too heavy what should I be looking for? 200, 300?
IIRC, the Artillian ones weigh in at about 220lbs without the backrest.

Reactions: Artillian

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts
In as much as they are Frontier forks I assume the dealer sold them to you with the tractor so they should probably be ok. The real question is, do you really what those forks or a lighter set?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
They did come from the dealer so yes they are probably ok. But they look big in comparison to the small SCUT I have and if they really are 400lbs then I am interested in a smaller set. I will run by the dealer today and see what they say.

·
Premium Member
2,904 Posts
I've got the same Frontier forks Tony, that is all that seemed available in my area when I bought them. Mine are even heavier because they are 48". True, the extra weight steals from the total load capacity but they are well built and I can't imagine being without them. I have just learned to manage what I am lifting.

If the day comes that I am rolling in a few extra bucks I would buy some Artillian forks that are sized better to the 1026 and sell my Frontiers, but that won't happen too soon.

Pallet Box 2012-10-27 (7) (Custom).jpg

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've got the same Frontier forks Tony, that is all that seemed available in my area when I bought them. Mine are even heavier because they are 48". True, the extra weight steals from the total load capacity but they are well built and I can't imagine being without them. I have just learned to manage what I am lifting.

If the day comes that I am rolling in a few extra bucks I would buy some Artillian forks that are sized better to the 1026 and sell my Frontiers, but that won't happen too soon.

View attachment 20416
Thanks for the pic, it reminds me, I forgot to say that they forgot to order my BB! So when that comes in I will be sure to fill it up good :)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts

My plan as well! :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks a lot you guys! This is my first time posting in this forum and I was surprised but pleased to get such quick responses!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
38,132 Posts
Thanks for the pic, it reminds me, I forgot to say that they forgot to order my BB! So when that comes in I will be sure to fill it up good :)
Don't forget, your FEL bucket comes in at a good weight as well. The initial shock of 400lbs is off set by the removal of the bucket.

Reactions: johnnyf

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tony,

You might also check out EverythingAttachments.com for pallet forks. They sell a set of 42" forks that weigh 220 pounds with the JD quick attach specifically for the 120 and 200 series loaders. I bought a set of forks from them for a larger tractor and I am extremely satisfied with them and EA's service.

·
Registered
2,371 Posts
Shipping weight for the frame, 82lbs.
Shipping weight for 42" forks, 62lbs. each
Shipping weight for 36" forks, 58lbs. each
Shipping weight for backrest, 34lbs.

Chris can chime in to give specific weights for the actual PRODUCTS, but the JDQA/JDPO frame, two 42" forks, and the backrest amount to 240lbs. SHIPPING weight. That's 206 for the fork set alone, HALF the weight of the Frontier forks. And it includes the boxes. :laugh:

If you opt for the 36" forks, you can shave another 8lbs. off of the total weight.

tonygilkerson: Your loader has a max lift capacity (as all do) which is how much the loader can lift IN TOTAL. Any attachment (bucket, forks, grapple, rake, etc.) counts toward that total weight. When you reduce the weight of your attachment, you increase the amount of "stuff" (technical term, I apologize) that you can put on top of the attachment. By running the Frontier forks, you've made it so that you can lift somewhere around 400lbs. of "stuff" with the forks. The Artillian forks would let you lift roughly 600lbs. of "stuff" on that machine. That's a 50% increase in cargo capacity. :thumbup1gif:

·
GTT Vendor
1,534 Posts
Hi All,

Please don't let me impose on your conversation and thanks all for the referrals. I just wanted to add a couple of things.

The 24" fork set weighs about 160 lbs, the 42" standard fork set is 193 lbs (was formerly 196 lbs). It's when you add the largest forks available, the premium Cascades, that the weight gets up a little over 220 lbs. With a backrest you'll gain about 30 lbs.

The Frontier forks are a terrific set for larger tractors, as are the fork sets for larger tractors from EA.

Welcome to GTT Tony and congratulations on your new tractor. To familiarize yourself with forks in general, maybe take a look in the Artillian section at http://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/artillian-tractor/8511-open-discussion-load-expectations-using-forks-your-loader.html

·
Registered
135 Posts
Tony,

Since I use my 1025r for mowing I don't have an FEL and had not checked out Artillian's site. I did buy a set of forks from EA for a larger tractor (FEL lift capacity of 2,500 lbs.), did a bunch or research before going with EA and was very satisfied with them.

With the posts here about Artillian forks I did check out their website. My opinion and a quarter won't get you a cup of coffee, but Artillian seems to make an excellent set of forks for the smaller JD tractors and I don't think you'll go wrong with them.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
You guys are confusing :banghead: You refer to the forks as an entire assembly or is it just the forks?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts