Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,852 Posts
Several months ago, the news reported that the government was going after the spam callers on landlines,,
I thought that would be an impossible task!!

Well, for the last week or two, I have not had a spam call,,

I am not talking about spam calls on cell service, that is something different, also being looked at,,

I haven't had a weekday without a spam call in over three years ( :dunno: ) up until now,,,

Anyone else notice fewer or no spam calls lately?
Maybe this is going to be THE campaign item for the 2020 elections......."See what we accomplished?"

Very popular with most people to put an end to this, can't imagine anyone likes the robo calls except the robo call clowns.

·
Registered
129 Posts
3 in the last couple days for me. Really irritating stuff. The current administration (won’t make this political) would do well to hire individuals without agendas. But that topic FAR aside, it’s the phone companies we all easily give our money to that are truly letting us down here. They already keep tight hold on our data they now get to legally monitor track and sell . I don’t trust they won’t charge for new services to “block spam calls “ like much of you, unknown numbers just get left to ring...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Since I started using caller I’d to screen my calls, I have been getting far less spam calls. If I don’t recognize the name or number,I let it go to voicemail. If it’s important they’ll leave a message. Most of my family and friends text me. Very seldom do I actually talk on my phone. Got rid of my land line years ago.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Now that you mention it I haven't had one in a while. I never had a lot to begin with but would get spells of several per week.

I shut down the land line years ago. I first dropped it to DSL use only then I cut that out and got internet via a cell carrier. I still use that number for identification at businesses. Last I checked it still rang as not in service so nobody is getting spammed by my giving it out. They quit assigning numbers with my old prefix years ago so I don't think it will ever be reissued.

·
Registered
22,748 Posts
I’ve got Nomorobo on the landline and seriously considering putting it on all of my families cell phones. Especially heading into 2020

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Mine mostly started about 10 months before the last presidential election. It was just unreal - 20 calls a day if not more. That’s the prize I get for registering to vote I guess....

Nomorobo only seems to lack a bit for political calls for me for some reason.

Since I started using caller I’d to screen my calls, I have been getting far less spam calls. If I don’t recognize the name or number,I let it go to voicemail. If it’s important they’ll leave a message. Most of my family and friends text me. Very seldom do I actually talk on my phone. Got rid of my land line years ago.
I haven’t answered my phone in years. The only possible real person calling out house might be Mrs. C’s mother which might only be a couple times a month. She knows to just leave a message and we’ll call her right back.

Only other phone calls that come in that are legitimate are computers calling with doctor appointment reminders of which there are plenty.

It’s time to just turn the ringers off on all the phones. They all have a light that blinks if there is a voice mail which is easy to notice.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts