·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
I think it looks nice, and should work well. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Plow

Nothing wrong with that. I use a rubber strip on my 54" snow blade to protect my asphalt drive. KHOP

·
Corndog Hater
11,771 Posts
That should work well, thanks for the pics

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Oaksmith, nice job on the snow edge. :thumbup1gif: I might suggest using a bit thicker flat bar on the bottom lip, and rather than allowing the screw heads to protrude, consider countersinking the holes so the screw heads don't wear down and become a pain to remove.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Oaksmith, nice job on the snow edge. :thumbup1gif: I might suggest using a bit thicker flat bar on the bottom lip, and rather than allowing the screw heads to protrude, consider countersinking the holes so the screw heads don't wear down and become a pain to remove.
Good thought and I considered doing just that. But I figured if I allow the screw heads or any part of the flat bar to scrap the blacktop because of the angle of the loader, it defeats the purpose of adding a rubber edge to the loader. Western Maryland luckily only gets a few snows over 6" yearly that I'll use the loader on. Most of the time I simply use a walk behind snow blower because it as quick and does a better job then I can with the loader.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,753 Posts
Living in Maryland with lower snow amounts I think it's just the ticket. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
I don't think it will work. A bucket blade in not on the same angle as a plow blade. So you will still dig at the snow instead of pushing the snow.

Reactions: danmorea

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Nothing fancy at a total cost of under $50
how many drill bits did you go through drilling those holes??? Cutting edge should be very hard.

Reactions: soobie99

·
Registered
618 Posts
Nice! I have been thinking of exactly the same thing to clean mud off my driveway and for this upcoming Snowmageddon they say we are going to get.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Well I'm happy to report that the rubber blade worked like a charm and looks the same as new after two under 4" snows!
In addition, my new Blacktop looks new.
OK where did you purchase the rubber... What is it exactly.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Well I'm happy to report that the rubber blade worked like a charm and looks the same as new after two under 4" snows!
In addition, my new Blacktop looks new.
Looks great and should do the job. I did something similar to my blade. I used the stall matting that you can buy at Tractor supply. Cut it wit ha standard skill saw to the size I need.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
RubberCal or CalRubber I don't remember! It's snow plow edging and comes in strips 4 or 6 inches wide and wider of either .75 or 1.0 and thicker

·
Registered
144 Posts
I'd very much like to know how it works for you! Here in Northwest Arkansas, we only get snow a few times a year, and rarely more than 4-6 inches at a go - not really enough to justify a real snow plow blade. If this works, I'll try something similar....

Thanks!

·
Registered
768 Posts
I'd very much like to know how it works for you! Here in Northwest Arkansas, we only get snow a few times a year, and rarely more than 4-6 inches at a go - not really enough to justify a real snow plow blade. If this works, I'll try something similar....

Thanks!
I think it worked fairly well according to his post... see a few posts above :)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts