Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 2010 2320 at a dealer with 1200 hrs, I decided to go with a newer tractor for the same price BUT after reading the issues of the front axle I have 2nd thoughts, the 2320 was full checked over and passed inspection and was dealer service at the owners home all fluids changed, the reason I am looking at used is the low hrs I will be using the loader, to spend $20 k on a new loader and put less then 50hrs a year does not make sense to me cost Vs use puts me in the used

·
Registered
12,769 Posts
I found a 2010 2320 at a dealer with 1200 hrs, I decided to go with a newer tractor for the same price BUT after reading the issues of the front axle I have 2nd thoughts, the 2320 was full checked over and passed inspection and was dealer service at the owners home all fluids changed, the reason I am looking at used is the low hrs I will be using the loader, to spend $20 k on a new loader and put less then 50hrs a year does not make sense to me cost Vs use puts me in the used
compared to my 06 jd 2520 -which i have close to 1,200 hrs on-it seems that 2320 was quite the busy machine.

the 2010 2320 should have the newer style front axle in it. in 2008 when jd brought out the 2720 they redid the front axle to a way better design. i know-as i redone my front axle in my 06 2520 to the tune of about 3 grand. and ..............i got me a ballast box then too. no more lifting one rear tire off the ground when lifting something heavy. i mean i used my brush hog-or rfm for lifting things with the loader, but i really believe my problems was caused by not enough rear ballast and i had my tires loaded from the first day.

no leaks-no problems since i changed it all over. i guess the 2320 has or had the same front axle as my 2520 did:dunno:never looked to see.

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
I have a 2010 2320 and love it. About 415 hrs on it now.
With 1200 hrs, any of the "manufacturer defects" should have shown themselves and been fixed already.
The infamous u-joint has either been maintained or replaced.
Front axle, if not showing signs of leaking/damage should be good.

Run it, drive it around, use high and low, 4x4 and 2x4, diff lock, brakes. If it all works as it should and it's what you want, go for it!

What kind of $$ is the dealer asking, and what comes with it?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2008 2320 with about 2200 hours on it. Great little tractor, VEERRY tough. I don't abuse it, but I know I have went past its intended load capacities many times. The things I have had trouble with are the display had to be replaced at 1400 hours (the gear that drives the tach broke), the steering hydraulic cylinder went out this past fall, and of course the u-joints that are (nearly) impossible to grease failed at 600 hours. I have a 60" drive over deck, loader, 55" tiller, middle buster, one row cultivator, and pallet forks. Basically, I use it every day. oh, I did fill the rear tires with RV antifreeze and when I do loader work, I usually have one of my heavier implements on the back like the tiller. Hope this helps.

·
Super Moderator
5,702 Posts
Snoway:gtfam:

·
Registered
46 Posts
The 2010 2320 that I have is a great little machine that does winter snow duty at my place, and summer maintenance duty at my son's place. If this is what you think you need then don't let it get away from you. When properly maintained, it will do all that you ask of it and then some. We have a front loader, rear snow blower, snow pusher, rear finish mower, and box blade for it all in 60" sizes except for the blower which is a 54" and it handles them all without problem.
Not once has it let me down or had any kind of problems, but again service is key!
Go through all the posts with 2320 in the title and you will have a wealth of knowledge at your finger tips, I know that it has helped me on more than one occasion.
Good luck and enjoy the seat time.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
price

I went with the 2320 was cond and I think fair price, the dealer was asking $10,500 and he took $500 off, the dealer safety checked the tractor out and it was fine,
I only bought tractor and loader and wheel wights, the reason I only got that was I own a scag to cut my lawn and I own a plow truck for my driveway and the loader is a backsaver for moving heavy things

I looked at all subcompact tractors all 3 brands , all felt very light and unstable,that is the other reason I went with a compact also I was looking at 2004 4010 compact, with 925 hrs and it looked like it was left out side uncovered and the price was $9K. so when I saw the 2030 come up for sale I took the deal....

·
Registered
12,455 Posts
I went with the 2320 was cond and I think fair price, the dealer was asking $10,500 and he took $500 off, the dealer safety checked the tractor out and it was fine,
I only bought tractor and loader and wheel wights, the reason I only got that was I own a scag to cut my lawn and I own a plow truck for my driveway and the loader is a backsaver for moving heavy things

I looked at all subcompact tractors all 3 brands , all felt very light and unstable,that is the other reason I went with a compact also I was looking at 2004 4010 compact, with 925 hrs and it looked like it was left out side uncovered and the price was $9K. so when I saw the 2030 come up for sale I took the deal....
The 2320 is a good machine. My only complaint is greasing the drive shaft and the fact that it rides a bit hard. Other than that, it's a good machine. Congratulations on your purchase.

Reactions: glc

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congrats, See my recent post on solution to greasing infamous u-joint zerk. I found the perfect set up. Good luck.

Reactions: glc and DRobinson
1 - 9 of 9 Posts