Green Tractor Talk banner

I worked the 4520 this weekend!

4K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  kjung17 
#1 ·
I started by subsoiling about 5 acres of hard dry heavy clay ground. I ran it as deep as it would go and at times it was all i could pull due to the ground being so hard.

Then I hooked up a 6 tooth chisel plow and went over it. I burnt the paint off the exhaust manifold and the turbo :good2:

I also had a few drops of oil come out the engine vent and drip on the steering cylinder. I assume its supposed to drip since Deere put a tube for it to vent down there. Anyone leak a bit from the crankcase vent. (only 4 drips):good2:

#2 ·
Oh yeah! No oil drips. Glad the paint's off!

Pete

#4 ·
If it's just 4-5 drops, when the tractor was new it was parked over either gravel or dirt so I probably would not have noticed.

This whole summer it's been inside on concrete so it's easy to see stuff, no runs, no drips, no errors.

Pete

#7 ·
Pictures~

Here are the pictures of the rubber tube and the bit of oil that is leaking. I have to guess that this is a crankcase vent. I am not concerned about it enough to really look:yahoo:. I have to guess that I maybe spit some of it out when the subsoiler was burried in tree roots and I almost stalled the tractor in low (R1's have some serious grip):thumbup1gif:. Just breaking it in..LOL...

Attachments

#11 ·
Brian.. I have the same leak.. I was told by two different shops its normal IF you work your machine like it was intended to be worked.

#13 ·
Hey guys, The moisture at the vent tube will be directly proportional to how hard you work the machine. A hard day might make her drip a little while an easy day might leave you with a dry tube.:thumbup1gif:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.