Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello- I have a few more 330gal totes to add to the rain collection system. I have used the cam lock fittings before, but I'd like to see if I can find some screw-on fittings that's are cheaper than the cam locks. I measured out the diameter of the threads and get 62.75mm. This would be closest to S60x6 threads, but if anyone can confirm this, it would be helpful.

Thank you

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I saw those, thank you. I emailed the container manufacturer, but they won't give me the thread size. They keep telling me to just use a 2" cam lock, which I have before, but I'm trying to see if there is something else out there that's a $2 fitting vs $11 for a cam lock at RK.

·
Registered
6,045 Posts
I paid $25 for fittings on my 330 gal tote that converts to a garden hose fitting, but I don't know the size on the tote end. I bought it from the same person I bought the tote from, but I am sure he did not take a loss on it.

Dave

·
Registered
8 Posts
Another source is AliExpress although it can be a bit of a rabbit hole. Measure carefully and pay attention to the thread type. It's pretty easy to distinguish the coarse from the fine threads in the pictures.

So far everything I've bought for IBC totes has worked fine.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you. I went ahead and got some cam locks from RK. They are $11 at RK and $17 at TSC.

·
Premium Member
4,470 Posts
We have several that we use for discarded oil. I know tat we deal with at least 2 different thread sizes, but I cannot recall what they are.
I guess that didn't help at all, did it!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts