Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
7520 Series Tractor, console display shows the following error "E-ICV 334061 14 SIC ICV interlock switch error, ICVs not functioning. See Deader! "

We have zero operation / function from the electronic joystick. Based on the fact that the console display changes when driver's hand is placed in the lever Interlock [paddle on the joystick], i suspect the joystick interlock switch actuator is functioning and not the root cause of the error.

Any idea??? hydraulic fluid level is ok.

THANKS

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
The operator presence switch is not a common failure, but not unheard of.
The following notes are from the manual.

NOTE:
Operator presence switch status is read by SIC software as open or closed when hand is inserted. This status is read at address SIC 07 as 010 or 001. This code can be operator-generated if hand is slowly inserted into interlock switch, causing 000 to be displayed too long.

If tractor is started and hand is immediately inserted before controller is active, loader will not activate until hand is removed and reinserted. Control needs about 3 to 5 seconds to be operational after an engine start.

It is normal that the joystick will keep operating if the hand is removed from the presence switch while loader is active and the joystick never stops in the neutral position for more than one second. Joystick should default to neutral when in neutral for one second.

Diagnostics
NOTE:
The following are possible causes:

A defective safety switch (integrated into multi-function lever S64).
Defective line connection between the safety switch and the SIC.
Open circuit (cable 704 and/or 705).
Short between cables 704 and 705).
A defective power supply lead (cable 562) to the safety switch (integrated into multi-function lever S64).
Fuse F03_15 blown.
Open circuit.

Reactions: eyeboltman

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kjung17, I checked fuses yesterday. Also disassembled and cleaned all the wire connectors to the hydraulic systems and the multi-function lever. I'm starting to wonder if it's not the power lead to the lever, as you indicated it could be.[ (cable 562) to the safety switch ]. Also I specifically checked Fuse F03_15; tractor has a good 10am use in there now, but I think the manual calls for a 20amp. I don't suppose it would make a difference as it's been that way for years i'd guess. I tested the fuse [and others] with a meter so I know it's good.

Yesterday we tried waiting for longer than 3-5 seconds before interacting with the multi-function lever, and that did not help.

I did some intense internet searches on error code 334061.14 and came up with "E-ICV safety switch is faulty." Do you know specifically what the E-ICV safety switch is? Is it referring to the multi-function lever's interlock switch actuator [paddle deal] or might it actually be something else that we need to investigate? The only other issue with the tractor is that the "park" system on the tractor does not always work. I'm starting to wonder if the park issue is related to this situation. Maybe the tractor must be verified [electronically] to be in park before the multi-function lever will start working immediately after initial start-up of the tractor? I could see this begin a safety function to prevent unintentional movement of the tractor, when the bucket is raised while not in park for example. ??

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Your multi-function lever almost certainly has a bad switch (paddle thingy). Notice the "integrated" in the description. This, of course, means you have to replace the assembly. Deere wants $1600 dollars for a new unit. There is a reman option PG200565. This unit is only $942 including a $250 core. Your park problem is likely independent. Tell me more about that issue.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
I agree with Kevin. It sounds as if your joystick is bad, althought in your first post you mentioned "Based on the fact that the console display changes when driver's hand is placed in the lever Interlock [paddle on the joystick], i suspect the joystick interlock switch actuator is functioning and not the root cause of the error." Does that mean you can bring up the proper addres on the instrument
panel and the proper digit changes from "0" to "1" when your hand is placed in the paddle? If it does, then that should verify that the switch and wiring is good. The interlock switch can be very intermittent when they start to fail. From your post, I assume you are getting not function out of it now? Do you have another tractor or a neighbor with a tractor you could swap out the joystick as a test? That would be better than buying an expensive joystick only to find it still won't work. Something else to consider - There are people that have successfully replaced the interlock switch by disassembling the joystick handle. Just match it up at electrical supply warehouse. Switch is under 10 bucks.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts