Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ID Parts started out years ago as TDI Parts specializing in parts for VW TDIs. After a little scuttle with VW they had to change their name. Since then they have expanded into many diesel car parts and now getting into diesel truck parts.

I am a long time customer but am not obliged to write this. Just a pleased customer. Many of us have become used to the excellent service from our sponsoring vendors here - I feel we are mostly spoiled because of them. Well ID Parts is the same way with their customer service - excellent. Their price isn’t always the best but if not equal just a bit above other vendors. But as we know, price isn’t everything when it comes to buying on-line.

Check them out some time.

Article about their new truck parts -

https://www.idparts.com/news.php?articles_id=197

Main website -

https://www.idparts.com/index.php

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
^^ +2

I've been dealing with ID parts for years too. Never had a problem with any orders or parts ... so I can't really comment on their customer service (never had to call them). They are the first place I look when I don't need emergency parts that day, but shipping and delivery of what they have in stock has been great, not more than a day or two.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
I too am a long time customer of IDParts.
Ive always liked that they sell quality parts, in that you dont have to guess if its a good value or not, or if it will last or not.

As to customer service, Ive only needed it once, and it was outstanding. I ordered the wrong brake pads, because I didnt read the description. It came up under parts for my car, but the description said basically only if youve upgraded to a different models brake system.
Anywho, they certainly didnt have to, but they sent a label for me to return them, and sent me out the correct ones immediately.

I also like the fact that one of the guys is a TDI Wagon guy like me...lol.

·
Registered
21,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I too am a long time customer of IDParts.
Ive always liked that they sell quality parts, in that you dont have to guess if its a good value or not, or if it will last or not.

As to customer service, Ive only needed it once, and it was outstanding. I ordered the wrong brake pads, because I didnt read the description. It came up under parts for my car, but the description said basically only if youve upgraded to a different models brake system.
Anywho, they certainly didnt have to, but they sent a label for me to return them, and sent me out the correct ones immediately.

I also like the fact that one of the guys is a TDI Wagon guy like me...lol.
The only TDI I have left is my wife’s ‘99 Beetle Bug. I can’t work on my vehicles anymore so I have a local shop do my inspections. If/when it needs something replaced they are OK with me supplying the parts. I don’t trust any of the local parts stores from supplying Chinese parts. So I order from ID Parts and have the shop install them. At least I know I am getting quality parts put on.

·
Registered
2,695 Posts
I have been a customer for quite a while as well. Haven't bought much from them lately though now that there is no TDI in the stable. I imagine they had to diversify once there was the crack down on TDI vehicles. Not that they are going to be off the road anytime soon, but most car companies are going other directions now. Trucks are not going anywhere anytime soon but I suspect the diesel powered cars are gone for good. They had a tough go in the US market anyhow because of the bad blood from the 80s. They took off in Europe a lot more than they ever did here but that was mainly because of less tax on the fuel which in turn meant much cheaper to operate. They are even on the decline in that market from what I have read.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts