Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw this on CL. They state it's gas. Any one know what model? Does the blade look like JD?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
4,841 Posts
Maybe one of the 401 Industrial models. 401C/401D maybe. Could be a Model 500 too. The hood isn't right for the 600-series.

And them an email and ask for the numbers off of the data plate.

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
that blade looks just like was on my dad's little 430 jd dozer, only with better skid shoes. them look like what was on my pap's 1960 jd 430. hey-zebra-five -do they have a price on it??

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
Looks like a 440 gas to me. Blade could be JD. As I recall there was a heavy blade available. The 440 was the industrial version of the 430. It had a cast iron grille; was painted industrial yellow and had a heavy duty look. They were also available with a GM 2-53 diesel, same engine as the 435.

·
Registered
1,811 Posts
Looks like a 440 gas to me. Blade could be JD. As I recall there was a heavy blade available. The 440 was the industrial version of the 430. It had a cast iron grille; was painted industrial yellow and had a heavy duty look. They were also available with a GM 2-53 diesel, same engine as the 435.
DITTO on model 440

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that blade looks just like was on my dad's little 430 jd dozer, only with better skid shoes. them look like what was on my pap's 1960 jd 430. hey-zebra-five -do they have a price on it??
Yes, $3500 they also say a backhoe is included

·
Registered
11,233 Posts
I think some of them had a five-position backhoe that slid on rails from side-to-side. They were a tough old tractor and up to date in the late fifties.

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
If it runs, that would be a heck of a buy,,, :good2:

It might even be a heck of a buy, even if it needs work,,,
that blade appears to be stout,,

·
Registered
11,654 Posts
well--Zebra-Five--:munch:u made plans with the OP to go look at it. don't u need another toy to play and work with. just think if it has a hoe, u could of been sitting high:greentractorride:in the seat tearing that silo base out.:lol:just saying:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
7,428 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well--Zebra-Five--:munch:u made plans with the OP to go look at it. don't u need another toy to play and work with. just think if it has a hoe, u could of been sitting high:greentractorride:in the seat tearing that silo base out.:lol:just saying:thumbup1gif:
It would have real handy for the silo base, which I spent DAYS sledge hammering, and is not buried and forgotten.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts