Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This would be a very cool tractor to restore. I just have too many other interests to become a tractor collector now. Saw it on Craig's List today.

L1.jpg

·
Registered
3,687 Posts
I always wanted one, but, the JD 650 is diesel, and satisfies my "2 cylinder" needs!! :thumbup1gif:

I wish the 650 would have had a two speed PTO, so I could enjoy the engine running at 1,200 RPM and get something done at the same time,,, :laugh:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
11,415 Posts
If not a project for Randy, it would be a great project for Lowell.

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Pocket change for Randy. :gizmo:

·
Premium Member
5,816 Posts
If not a project for Randy, it would be a great project for Lowell.
It would be nice, but I'd probably better pass!

Paint costs too much!!! Powel Gardens 2015 002.JPG :lol: :banghead: :hide:

·
Registered
741 Posts
It's easy to love a little LA and they don't eat up much space in the barn....I'd love to snag one that's already been nicely restored.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
741 Posts
That would be missing out on the real fun of owning it.
Randy, for most folks, that's true and I understand the satisfaction of returning a rusty pile of junk to its former glory. However, I've lost interest in big restoration projects. Nowadays I'd much prefer to let somebody else bust their knuckles, hunt for parts and pour money into a restoration. In many cases, I can own and immediately enjoy it at a fraction of the restoration cost. I know I'm in the minority and I admire those who are dedicated to restoration.

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Randy, for most folks, that's true and I understand the satisfaction of returning a rusty pile of junk to its former glory. However, I've lost interest in big restoration projects. Nowadays I'd much prefer to let somebody else bust their knuckles, hunt for parts and pour money into a restoration. In many cases, I can own and immediately enjoy it at a fraction of the restoration cost. I know I'm in the minority and I admire those who are dedicated to restoration.
Rod, I completely understand. I deal with this dilemma on a continual basis on all kinds of other projects. There is something to be said for just the simple appreciation of ownership. :hi:

·
Registered
568 Posts
LA's are cool nothing else looks like'em has wrong rear wheels they are small which makes them easy to restore and store. i think price is high on that one.
one came up in my area restored to show winner quailty for 5k and it sold:greentractorride:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Well it was posted as an LI, but looked like original paint. if it doesnt have the serial tag then there is no way to know what it is, let alone what year it is. industrials bring better money and if all it needs is paint...then offer 2K and show us the tear down and painting!! we should also see you on it when your done

1 - 13 of 13 Posts