Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It's a local Craigslist listing. Seems legit, but I'm not in the market for such a large tractor.
(link removed)

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
SCAM..... I see these all the time and flag them.

Dave

Sent from my Samsung Note using Tapatalk

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good point. I should have thought of that. Usually when I see a scam tractor ad, the price is a lot lower than that. That's why I thought it might possibly be legit.
I'm going to remove the link from my post above. If anyone wants to try to find it, they can search for it in central Illinois Craigslist.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
Yeah, usually the price is something like $4344, never even dollars. A dead giveaway.

Dave

·
Premium Member
7,520 Posts
I wonder if these scammers are just trying to make a list of valid email addresses to sell from the responses they receive, even if they can't scam any $$$. I flag the $30K tractors offered for $2XXX all the time. Pictures look like they are stolen from the internet or taken at a dealership.

·
Registered
715 Posts
I wonder if these scammers are just trying to make a list of valid email addresses to sell from the responses they receive, even if they can't scam any $$$. I flag the $30K tractors offered for $2XXX all the time. Pictures look like they are stolen from the internet or taken at a dealership.
When you reply to someone through Craigs List, your email is obfuscated and relayed through a CL server. Here is one of mine from an inquiry: [email protected]

Al

1 - 7 of 7 Posts