Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 223 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After looking at several different models and test driving a few, I saved my dollars and finally decided to get a SxS.

It's a Kawasaki Mule Pro-FXT Ranch Edition.
It had some nice features that I was looking for, including safety. I wanted something with EPS (power steering) that my wife could use for her outdoor hobbies, flowers pots, and yard/landscaping work, use it for hauling and pulling a trailer, go faster than 25mph, and pleasure so that all of us could enjoy for a long ride.

First, it can be use as s a 1 seat/3 passenger with a huge bed for hauling. The corrugated sides can utilize 2x studs for dividing the bed into sections
combine_images single seat.jpg

Second, I can change the configuration in a matter of a minute to a 2 seat/ 6 passenger with a small bed.
combine_images double seat.jpg

Third, and most important, we plan to have some fun with these three.
IMG_2678.jpg

Front and back.
combine_images front back.jpg

I think this will get used more than I first thought.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks good . Now next time don't hold out on us.
I'll do better in case others might be interested in this brand and start a new thread in the Gator, UTV, and other recreational vehicles forum maybe later this evening when I get back from the airport.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,635 Posts
I'll do better in case others might be interested in this brand and start a new thread in the Gator, UTV, and other recreational vehicles forum maybe later this evening when I get back from the airport.
:good2:
We always have people interested. ↓↓↓

I've been looking at the prices of these machines and wow, anywhere from 9K to the sky! I want to get one before spring for the wife so she doesn't ask me to get the backhoe out or other toys but having a hard time to figure out what I really want for her... Basic yard work on her behalf, carrying things around etc, we got a measly 5 acres but......... I would want it to go chase the golf balls I whack out back! I believe from spring to fall it would get used by her almost daily... Brand, price and has to be 4x4????

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
:good2:
We always have people interested. ↓↓↓
We’ve actually been looking maybe to trade up to the new Honda. 4 seater but the back seats fold flat and give you a 5’ utility bed. But at a nice $19,000 very nicely equipped I might have to wait until I catch my breath first

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
35,635 Posts
We’ve actually been looking maybe to trade up to the new Honda. 4 seater but the back seats fold flat and give you a 5’ utility bed. But at a nice $19,000 very nicely equipped I might have to wait until I catch my breath first
etcallhome is your man. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts

etcallhome is your man. :thumbup1gif:

Sounds like he is looking at the 1000 not the 700 like we have. . Just posted in What I saw today, started ours for 1st time in guessing 2 months. Outside temp was -12° this morning . After the 4 th time it started, went for guessing 1 -1 1/2mile ride on neighbors property, played in the snow had some fun and then came home to get warm. Wasn't frozen but it was cold even with full cloth cab, windshield .

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Sounds like he is looking at the 1000 not the 700 like we have. . Just posted in What I saw today, started ours for 1st time in guessing 2 months. Outside temp was -12° this morning . After the 4 th time it started, went for guessing 1 -1 1/2mile ride on neighbors property, played in the snow had some fun and then came home to get warm. Wasn't frozen but it was cold even with full cloth cab, windshield .
Yup, the couple I looked at were the 1000, still quite a price tag though

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
Yup, the couple I looked at were the 1000, still quite a price tag though

I thought and looked at the 1000 , just couldn't see paying that price for a little wider machine and a few more MPH speed. Yea it has things on it the 700 doesn't but with close to 1300 miles been back to the dealer for valve adjustments and nothing else.

·
Premium Member
13,933 Posts
Well said you two!:good2:

Pricey, but I think the fold flat rear seats are the best idea since sliced bread:thumbup1gif:
That was one of the things that sold me, but the main thing was the 3 speed transmission. Just this morning dropped off a steep hill at 5-6 MPH never touched the brakes . No shifting needed and very little brake pedal used when on a ride.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Well said you two!:good2:

Pricey, but I think the fold flat rear seats are the best idea since sliced bread:thumbup1gif:
Honestly the biggest thing that caught my eye

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
That was one of the things that sold me, but the main thing was the 3 speed transmission. Just this morning dropped off a steep hill at 5-6 MPH never touched the brakes . No shifting needed and very little brake pedal used when on a ride.
I have never seen one of these in person but....having a machine that holds back going down hill sounds like a must-have.

Someday......

·
Registered
763 Posts
I've been looking at the prices of these machines and wow, anywhere from 9K to the sky! I want to get one before spring for the wife so she doesn't ask me to get the backhoe out or other toys but having a hard time to figure out what I really want for her... Basic yard work on her behalf, carrying things around etc, we got a measly 5 acres but......... I would want it to go chase the golf balls I whack out back! I believe from spring to fall it would get used by her almost daily... Brand, price and has to be 4x4????
On the lower end of the spectrum is the Kawasaki Mule. This one is the SC-SE model. Roof, Tilt bed, selectable 4x4, high/low, locking diff, under 9K. Since purchase, I've added an LED light bar on the roof, a multi-hitch for hauling and a quick remove jump seat that mounts in the bed to allow four people to ride (aka, grandkid rides). It's amazing how much I use the SxS compared to the quad. I can't imagine living without one now.

B9520F60-F7DD-4146-AB56-E185EBC694FC.jpg

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
Shall I break these UTV posts off and create a new thread so this discussion doen't get buried here?
Couldn’t hurt, lots of varying opinions and info here

·
Corndog Hater
11,102 Posts
Shall I break these UTV posts off and create a new thread so this discussion doen't get buried here?

I'd say go for it big guy. Ilmo said he'd start a thread later today about his new Mule, maybe that could be incorporated as well.:dunno:

·
Registered
21,128 Posts
On the lower end of the spectrum is the Kawasaki Mule. This one is the SC-SE model. Roof, Tilt bed, selectable 4x4, high/low, locking diff, under 9K. Since purchase, I've added an LED light bar on the roof, a multi-hitch for hauling and a quick remove jump seat that mounts in the bed to allow four people to ride (aka, grandkid rides). It's amazing how much I use the SxS compared to the quad. I can't imagine living without one now.

View attachment 520369
That looks just about right for me - very nice!

And for saying how much you use it since having it - it would likely be the same for me. Kind of like forks on our tractors - you never realize how much you would use them until you get them.

·
Registered
12,211 Posts

View attachment 520369
Looks pretty similar

Ours is 2012 610 XC

·
Registered
11,643 Posts

does that price include a hard cab, along with a heater-and A/C?

i like the idea of the back seats laying down too. aw-does the honda have power steering on it?

·
Registered
12,211 Posts
does that price include a hard cab, along with a heater-and A/C?

i like the idea of the back seats laying down too. aw-does the honda have power steering on it?
No full cab, but a roof, doors and a windshield

1 - 20 of 223 Posts