Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 1025r tlb. I've been wanting one for a year now, but the finance committee had me on hold while we saved our pennys. I got my truck paid off and built a shed for the tractor and most importantly, took the wife to about a million yarn stores. :lol: The dealer had 4 new TLB's sitting on the lot and 2 with just loaders. I'm getting the 54" mmm, RT1142 tiller, front weight bracket extension with 7 suit cases, I-match, 3-point trailer hitch attachment, independent hydraulic lift kit installed. Hopefully everything will be ready in a week or two. They have to order in the lift kit and tiller. Probably silly, but I went out to see which one of the four wanted to come live with me. I chose the one on the end of the row. .:greentractorride:

Premium Member
Congrats you will be amazed all it will do. Have fun Be Safe:good2::good2:

Premium Member
I just pulled the trigger on a 2018 1025r tlb. I've been wanting one for a year now, but the finance committee had me on hold while we saved our pennys. I got my truck paid off and built a shed for the tractor and most importantly, took the wife to about a million yarn stores. :lol: The dealer had 4 new TLB's sitting on the lot and 2 with just loaders. I'm getting the 54" mmm, RT1142 tiller, front weight bracket extension with 7 suit cases, I-match, 3-point trailer hitch attachment, independent hydraulic lift kit installed. Hopefully everything will be ready in a week or two. They have to order in the lift kit and tiller. Probably silly, but I went out to see which one of the four wanted to come live with me. I chose the one on the end of the row. .:greentractorride:
Congratulations on your new purchase. You will be very happy with the tractor.

I did the same thing that I highlighted in red in your comment when selecting the tractor which would be joining my family. I think I made a very good pick and I have been very happy. My tractor had a tiny spot on the seat and the dealer replaced the seat with a new one while also installing the options and accessories. So, far, my tractor and I have gotten along spectacularly.

I spent so much time considering the purchase that when I finally did pull the trigger, I felt relieved. Then when I went to the dealership for orientation with the salesman, I had these brief feelings of "What did I just do" but they passed when the tractor and attachments were delivered to my home.

My wife insisted I get a cab as we are in the snow belt and I plow a lot of snow. At first, I was very reluctant to spend the money for the cab but I can honestly say, it was the right thing for me, based upon how I use the tractor.

When the delivery was made and I had everything at home, I gave my wife the receipt (which was several pages long) and she flipped to the last page and when she saw the total cost of everything and a copy of the check I wrote to pay for it, she said "Oh, I thought it was going to be more"......and that was it........That's what we want our spouses to say.......:good2:

Make sure you get some of Kenny's Bolt on Hooks as well as his other accessories for the 1 series. Not only is Kenny a great guy, he is very professional in his companies products, packaging and shipping. You will find the hooks very handy and invaluable.

Also, get some of the "Loop Straps" which Ken sells as they are very handy for lifting your mower deck safely to clean it and a million other such uses. With the hooks and straps, you will be picking up all kinds of things.......even the check.:laugh::lol:

Ken's Bolt on Grab Hooks <<Home>>

Just know, we all have great ideas and suggestions for spending even more of your money.......and we aren't shy about encouraging such behavior.:good2:

Again, congratulations on your purchase decision and actions.......:bigthumb:

Premium Member
:congrats::clapping::greentractorride:

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Congrats Jimmy,:cheers: make sure you get the 53" loader, I didn't measure mine and ended up with a 49":dunno:
Never occured to me to measure that. What ever size it is, they all had the same size bucket installed. It's a 120R loader and the JD build it page says it comes with a 53" bucket, so I just assumed it was. But you know how the saying goes... when you ass-u-me something.. :mocking:

Registered
...snip... I chose the one on the end of the row. .:greentractorride:
Which end? I hope it wasn't the one on the left end!

Registered
Which end? I hope it wasn't the one on the left end!
Hope it was born on a tuesday, not a Friday left right don't matter!

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Bonehead Club Lackey
CONGRATULATIONS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:bigthumb: :bigthumb:

Registered
Are you sure want to hang out here? These guys are a bunch of home wreckers.....as they are professionals at spending other people's money! :laugh:

:gizmo::gizmo::gizmo:

Registered
Congrats, you know that pics are required once it arrives:laugh: ... good luck with it.

Registered
Welcome to the club !!!

Registered
Congratulations! You can't beat these machines. You'll be so happy you packaged the backhoe with the original purchase - makes everything so much easier.

You'll be so pleased with the independent hydraulic lift - I actually had mine installed after the fact since the regular hydraulic one was a PITA for me.

54 MMM won't get so close into trees/edges of structures as a 60 inch, but it scalps less than the 60. More passes to get the lawn done but these machines are such a pleasure to operate...

As for the front weights and bracket, I defer to the other members here, but I don't think you can leave that setup on if you want to put the bucket on. Might be a pain to get on and off. Further, a bucket full of most any material will provide a lot of front weight. Those suitcase weights get expensive too. Just my $0.02.

As for your three point trailer hitch you might want a Heavy Hitch - it provides the 2" trailer receiver but also a weight bracket to provide some rear ballast, so you wouldn't have to take your hitch off for loader work.
I would highly recommend a ballast box set up for IMATCH full of gravel or concrete to provide plenty of rear ballast - you may find your tiller doesn't provide enough back weight or that it's simply too unwieldy to pull behind you for loader operations, or simply that you don't want to risk smashing it into something when operating the loader.

I put a set of rear work lights on mine, LED. They actually can pivot 360 degrees, and very useful for night operations.

I think the 12" bucket on the backhoe is just right, and the 53" on the loader bucket (it's just a few inches wider than the tractor).

A few must haves in my opinion that your dealer may be willing to roll into the financing (mine did)...
Artillian pallet fork and frame - this actually has a trailer hitch receiver built into it, as well as hookup points for lifting chains etc. The artillian system can be upgraded later to support a grapple, front mounted 3 point hitch implements, etc. Highly versatile, very well built, light weight as well which means more lift for you. They also make some cool storage dollies

BXPanded Backhoe accessories for our 260 backhoes - backhoe thumbs, bucket quick connects, trencher bucket, ripper tooth! They actually make a couple different trailer hitch/receiver setups to attach to the backhoe!

Piranha toothbar (Heavy hitch toothbar even more aggressive although I've never had any issue digging with my piranha) - anyway these toothbars let you dig into packed dirt

Kenny's backhoe step

Mower axle company storage wheels for your mower

Premium Member
:congrats: and btw .....:ttiwwp:. so let/s see the new "TOOL" !!!!! :munch:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts