Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,056 Posts
i figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. So here they are now.
nice!

·
Premium Member
1,786 Posts
I can't even imagine how many times I'd need to empty that sucker across my 5 acres. I just chop them up and put them back into the soil as fertilizer.

Not ideal, but gets the job done. Looks like a nice set-up you've got there.

·
Registered
21,457 Posts
These are nice setups. But - I've never touched a leaf in the 20 years I've lived here with my 3 acres of mowable lawn. I just don't see why to bother - in the spring after the snow melt they have all disappeared.

·
Corndog Hater
11,257 Posts
I really like to chop them up and add them to the gardens for mulch and to the compost pile as well. I use the power flow bagger on my 185 for this. Unfortunately, up on this hill, the wind usually beats me to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Good Looking Set up.

I figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. so here they are now.
Looks great! If you get the opportunity, it would be nice to see some photos up close of the attachment area on the back of your tractor. I am curious what modifications you had to make to the bracketry and how the modifications were done.

Thanks!:greentractorride:

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
On the topic of leaf clean up projects, I am in the process of using the center mounting section from a 54" JD snowplow, specifically the bracketry where the plow attaches to the Quik Attach unit on the front of my 455, and I am attaching those brackets to my large, heavy walk behind leaf blower.

I have one of the metal housing wheel blowers with a 13hp gas engine which spins the large metal flywheel, that I am adapting so that I can mount it to the front of my tractor using the Quik Attach unit intended for plows, blowers and rotary brooms. This way I can angle the blower from side to side as well as lifting it up and down as the leaf pile gets deep right from the tractor seat.

The wheel blower is difficult to push up and down hills in the lawn, because of it's weight and it's smaller than ideal inflated tires (3 total, one front and two rear). If I have this figured out correctly, I shouldn't have to make the front tire on the wheel blower like a caster wheel. Right now the wheel is fixed in place.

My plan is for the leaf blower to "float" above the lawn, supported by the Quik Attach unit, instead of actually having the tires of the blower on the ground. This way, I can rotate and turn the tractor as sharp as I want without having the blower skidding on the ground or the front tire damaging the surface. I may even remove the wheels all together, if my "back of the napkin engineering" works out.

I cut the 54" snowplow apart with a plasma cutter and welded the ends of the plow onto another 54" JD plow I already owned. The result is a 7'3" wide snowplow which works great. Now I am using the quick mount bracketry from the plow I chopped apart to mount on this walk behind blower.

I will post pictures as soon as I am done. If it works as intended, it should be very handy. What would we do without these custom modification projects?

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Here is my 318 all ready for the fall leafs season to start............
It looks like a "Welcome to the Forum" is in order! I noticed this is your first post, but it appears you have been a forum member for some time......

Nice looking unit. I use the MC cart on the back of my 455 with a 60" deck and it is a tremendous time saver.

I use the "Gator Blades" or the "High Lift" blades and the additional suction they create under the deck really makes a difference. Plus those blades tend to chop the grass clipping and leaves into even smaller pieces, which is ideal.

Great Set up!

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
Being a mechanical designer for nearly 15 years, you wouldn't even imagine how many of those "napkin" ideas have really worked out. I've even got one framed and hung up at my desk, next to a picture of the actual working unit.
Your a design professional. I am not......But I did spend the night at a Holiday Inn Express so I guess anything is possible.....:laugh:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks great! If you get the opportunity, it would be nice to see some photos up close of the attachment area on the back of your tractor. I am curious what modifications you had to make to the bracketry and how the modifications were done.

To mount my CR behind my 2032r I used the factory hitch and mounted it to my drawbar. It works great! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412917731.205587.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1412917740.471451.jpg

·
Registered
754 Posts
On the topic of leaf clean up projects, I am in the process of using the center mounting section from a 54" JD snowplow, specifically the bracketry where the plow attaches to the Quik Attach unit on the front of my 455, and I am attaching those brackets to my large, heavy walk behind leaf blower.

I have one of the metal housing wheel blowers with a 13hp gas engine which spins the large metal flywheel, that I am adapting so that I can mount it to the front of my tractor using the Quik Attach unit intended for plows, blowers and rotary brooms. This way I can angle the blower from side to side as well as lifting it up and down as the leaf pile gets deep right from the tractor seat.

The wheel blower is difficult to push up and down hills in the lawn, because of it's weight and it's smaller than ideal inflated tires (3 total, one front and two rear). If I have this figured out correctly, I shouldn't have to make the front tire on the wheel blower like a caster wheel. Right now the wheel is fixed in place.

My plan is for the leaf blower to "float" above the lawn, supported by the Quik Attach unit, instead of actually having the tires of the blower on the ground. This way, I can rotate and turn the tractor as sharp as I want without having the blower skidding on the ground or the front tire damaging the surface. I may even remove the wheels all together, if my "back of the napkin engineering" works out.

I cut the 54" snowplow apart with a plasma cutter and welded the ends of the plow onto another 54" JD plow I already owned. The result is a 7'3" wide snowplow which works great. Now I am using the quick mount bracketry from the plow I chopped apart to mount on this walk behind blower.

I will post pictures as soon as I am done. If it works as intended, it should be very handy. What would we do without these custom modification projects?
When I modified your post to change ALL the words "Plow" to "Blade" it made much more sense. To me, a "Plow" is something used to roll over a strip of dirt to till the ground before planting something. A "snow plow" is normally a truck, but can be a grader, end loader, or tractor/loader/backhoe with a BLADE attached to ANY of these machines with the intent of moving SNOW.

ANYHOW.... front mounting your blower with your BLADE mounting brackets should work really good for leaf removal. After my old Parker lawn sweeper fell apart the last time and was beyond repair, I built a home-made Trac-Vac unit which works great, but as my trees get bigger and bigger, the amount of leaves have probably TRIPLED in the 20-21 yrs we've lived here.... I just block off the discharge chute on my mower deck and chew the leaves up really good and then switch tractors and aerate the yard... twice.... once in one direction, the second time at 90 degree angles. Last time I vacuumed leaves about 8-9 yrs ago I lost count after 25-30 loads of leaves. I bet I'd be over 40 loads now!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

When I bought the tractor I got the rear bagger system with it. I found the factory bagger attachment was a pain in the *&% so I bought quick hitch set up for it from Bryce Jameson. That left the bottom plate that the original bagger attachment mounted to in place. I drilled the angle bracket that came with the cyclone rake and using one of the large bolts that came with the bagger bolted the angle flush with the 3 pt hitch brackets. It clears every thing so I just leave it on all year round.

Bert

Attachments

·
Registered
8,174 Posts

·
Registered
8,174 Posts
When I modified your post to change ALL the words "Plow" to "Blade" it made much more sense. To me, a "Plow" is something used to roll over a strip of dirt to till the ground before planting something. A "snow plow" is normally a truck, but can be a grader, end loader, or tractor/loader/backhoe with a BLADE attached to ANY of these machines with the intent of moving SNOW.
I guess it's because I don't "Blade Snow", I "plow it" that I refer to it in that manner.......To each his / her own.......

Different regions refer to the same things in different ways.

For Example;

Semi Truck (midwest U.S.), Tractor Trailer (anyone I know from NYC)

Blue Jeans (Midwest), Dungarees (Big Apple)

Every region has their own "reference methods" I guess......

·
Registered
3,842 Posts
I guess it's because I don't "Blade Snow", I "plow it" that I refer to it in that manner.......To each his / her own.......

Different regions refer to the same things in different ways.

For Example;

Semi Truck (midwest U.S.), Tractor Trailer (anyone I know from NYC)

Blue Jeans (Midwest), Dungarees (Big Apple)

Every region has their own "reference methods" I guess......

I never heard of anyone around here "blading" snow. In this area we "plow" snow, "blow" snow or "shovel" snow. Of course, there are those who just drive over it and pack it down.:cold::flag_of_truce:

·
Registered
55 Posts
Omg!!

I figured out how to attach my cyclone rake to my 1025r last year. I wanted to post the pics but ran out of time. so here they are now.
I have been wanting one of those forever. Called the company, watched the video. Very nice setup but just can't justify the expense.

I'll just have to deal with chopping them up and pushing to the tree line!!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts