1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
709 Posts
Now you are ready for some spring time action!:thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
14,897 Posts
Nice looking setup, ChrisR , you said you tilled your garden last year with a 2720, my FIL doesn't like me to till his garden with my 1026. So at age 86 he's out putting his tiller on his MF 1655 . Reason because his garden tractor weights maybe 1200 compared to our tractors.
Most of the time he is in a hurry to till the garden and his ground hasn't dried out enough to walk through let alone a tractor.

Reactions: ChrisR

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
We're all waiting for something!:laugh: I forgot I wanted to remove an old/large spruce stump next to the driveway and piled 6' of snow along there... It is going, but I'm helping it hurry up with applications of stove ash to suck more heat out of the sky and melt it.

·
Premium Member
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
We're all waiting for something!:laugh: I forgot I wanted to remove an old/large spruce stump next to the driveway and piled 6' of snow along there... It is going, but I'm helping it hurry up with applications of stove ash to suck more heat out of the sky and melt it.
I know what you mean. I built a pole barn so I could get my work truck & trailers inside. Now it is too muddy for me to get to it. I have to get a tree cut down & sump ground out before I can do the drive. It is too muddy to do that.

·
Registered
342 Posts
I'm in a similar situation. I got the snowblower because I don't like the piles of snow left from plowing (that and having to dig the piles of plowed up dirt off the lawn). Now I have blown all of the snow from my parking area to one location off the side, which is the access to where I have stored the FEL and Backhoe. Since this winter got started late for us and it seems to be not letting up (22" still on the front lawn and snowing as I type), it looks like the end of April before the snow melts and there is 4 to 5 feet between me and my backhoe! Once the snow melts down to a few inches I'm gonna go snowblow down there.

Mr. Moose

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
13 Posts
Anyone else move snow off their garden plot?

I've been so anxious to use my new 1023e for tilling the garden, I used the SB and FEL to remove the 4' of snow piled on top of my garden. I'm hoping I'm not the only crazy person here!:yahoo:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
Reactions: dieselshadow

·
Registered
338 Posts
Can't wait to get in the garden. I can see it now so there is hope!

·
Registered
892 Posts
I tilled mine up last weekend. The main garden will be ~40x60 and going to add asparagus bed as well as a few rows of sweet corn out by the alfalfa field.

Subsoiler I made bent... :(. The one I bought works fine though. My welds held tight though , the 2x2" 1/4" wall receiver tube bent... Holy crap these things have torque.

Jim

Reactions: Gizmo2

·
Registered
937 Posts
I've been so anxious to use my new 1023e for tilling the garden, I used the SB and FEL to remove the 4' of snow piled on top of my garden. I'm hoping I'm not the only crazy person here!:yahoo:
So, you will quickly find that it will take no time at all to till your garden. You will then till it a second time and then maybe even a third. Then you will wish that your garden was 10x bigger. You might even look at some of your yard and start to think that it might look better as a vegetable garden too... What I'm getting at is that it's a lot of fun (I mean serious work) to till with the 1 series, especially if you have ever used a walk behind. You will want more seat time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
My Back's Hero

So, you will quickly find that it will take no time at all to till your garden. You will then till it a second time and then maybe even a third. Then you will wish that your garden was 10x bigger. You might even look at some of your yard and start to think that it might look better as a vegetable garden too... What I'm getting at is that it's a lot of fun (I mean serious work) to till with the 1 series, especially if you have ever used a walk behind. You will want more seat time!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Every time I tilled the garden by hand my back revolted. Needless to say, when the tractor was delivered with a tiller, I became my backs hero! Unfortunatly my house is only on about 1.5 acres of usable land. I might have to buy some more property for a larger garden!:greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
Every time I tilled the garden by hand my back revolted. Needless to say, when the tractor was delivered with a tiller, I became my backs hero! Unfortunatly my house is only on about 1.5 acres of usable land. I might have to buy some more property for a larger garden!:greentractorride:
And then a larger tractor....................it never ends, but we all try.

·
Registered
2,160 Posts
I made my rows a little wider than tiller width last year... It worked well up to mid season. Made it easy to weed the garden...and I got to use my tiller more :laugh: But when the larger plants such as squash and melons spill out of the rows, it starts to be a pain. This year , I went back to 36-40" rows and am making a good adjustable cultivator for the tool bar.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,806 Posts
I made my rows a little wider than tiller width last year... It worked well up to mid season. Made it easy to weed the garden...and I got to use my tiller more :laugh: But when the larger plants such as squash and melons spill out of the rows, it starts to be a pain. This year , I went back to 36-40" rows and am making a good adjustable cultivator for the tool bar.
You are going to share some pictures, right? Not sure how that would work.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts