Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New 2032r three days old and have removed the grapple and reattached several times without issue but today i can't connect the hydralic lines. They go about halfway then no matter how hard i push don't connect. Any ideas?

·
Administrator
17,970 Posts
It's pressure in the lines, a common problem. Wrap rag over the male end and press against the frame to bleed a bit of fluid-id you can't do that then looses the couplers with two wrenches to bleed.

Doesn't matter if its 3 days or 30 years old...

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's pressure in the lines, a common problem. Wrap rag over the male end and press against the frame to bleed a bit of fluid-id you can't do that then looses the couplers with two wrenches to bleed.

Thanks. I figured it may be something like that but each time i try to connect them fluid comes out so i kinda thought it must be something else. I'll walk outside and see if your idea works and report back in a couple of minutes

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

Problem solved.:bigthumb: Thank you much now i can go build fences:greentractorride:

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
Problem solved.:bigthumb: Thank you much now i can go build fences:greentractorride:
This will be a common issue with an implement off where there are temperature changes, the cylinders are under any kind of load or similar. Another thing to remember on the control for the lines thin the tractor your trying to plug into-once you turn the key off to part the machine before connecting anything-cycle the controls to relive pressure on the tractor side of the system as well, some circuits this will have to be done ‘key on’ but tractor not running-like electric diverters. This is also wise when turning the tractor off, before disconnecting the implements-it balances the pressure in the implement and lines with the machine and makes reconnecting much easier.

Learning to relieve this pressure prior to removing and before connecting implements is a good habit to get into and will solve a lot of problem and headaches when trying to reconnect things later-though with temp swings and such-you’ll always have the occasional issue.

·
Premium Member
7,704 Posts
I had the same problem everytime I took my grapple off, then went to replace it. Only loosening the male tips worked, but was messy.
My solution was to add two female quick couplers to the lid of e 5 gallon oil pail and connect the grapple line to it when ever I took the grapple off.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
This will be a common issue with an implement off where there are temperature changes, the cylinders are under any kind of load or similar. Another thing to remember on the control for the lines thin the tractor your trying to plug into-once you turn the key off to part the machine before connecting anything-cycle the controls to relive pressure on the tractor side of the system as well, some circuits this will have to be done ‘key on’ but tractor not running-like electric diverters. This is also wise when turning the tractor off, before disconnecting the implements-it balances the pressure in the implement and lines with the machine and makes reconnecting much easier.

Learning to relieve this pressure prior to removing and before connecting implements is a good habit to get into and will solve a lot of problem and headaches when trying to reconnect things later-though with temp swings and such-you’ll always have the occasional issue.
thanks for the tip. Im just not used to being able to swap back and forth implements like you can with these tractors. Today I must have swapped back and forth between the grapple and pallet forks at least 3 times. Really nice to be able to do this so easy. Haven't even used the loader bucket yet:good2:

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had the same problem everytime I took my grapple off, then went to replace it. Only loosening the male tips worked, but was messy.
My solution was to add two female quick couplers to the lid of e 5 gallon oil pail and connect the grapple line to it when ever I took the grapple off.
thats not a bad idea.:thumbup1gif: But the tip left here by.....another poster about relieving the pressure by working the controls forward backward sides a few times after turning the tractor and before disconnecting implement is actually in the owners manual. i'm going to try that tomorrow

·
Registered
124 Posts
a pressure relief tool is useful at times

https://easyrelieftool.com.au

i bought one of these because the dump trailer cylinder frequently gets into this condition.

Came from Australia, via the postal system

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

i bought one of these because the dump trailer cylinder frequently gets into this condition.

That's a great idea thank you. Got a shower today of hydraulic fluid. two of the hydraulic lines to the loader were loose and fluid started spraying
everywhere! Tractor is two days old. I thought a hydraulic line burst. I'm going to jack up the dealer about this incident.

·
Administrator
17,970 Posts

That's a great idea thank you. Got a shower today of hydraulic fluid. two of the hydraulic lines to the loader were loose and fluid started spraying
everywhere! Tractor is two days old. I thought a hydraulic line burst. I'm going to jack up the dealer about this incident.
We will have the Waite Pressure Release Tool on our website shortly, just waiting for some stickers for them.

·
Registered
124 Posts
We will have the Waite Pressure Release Tool on our website shortly, just waiting for some stickers for them.
too bad that tool didnt come up in my earlier google searches. only by using the name ‘waite’ could i find the patent (2008) and vague references as to how to get one (very difficult). hopefully kenny having it on his web site will promote it better.

the australian one was easy to find and order but shipping costs from australia are close to the item cost of the waite (at least the prices i found in old forum posts).

kenny, hope you put an announcement out when you are set to supply.

·
Administrator
17,970 Posts
too bad that tool didnt come up in my earlier google searches. only by using the name ‘waite’ could i find the patent (2008) and vague references as to how to get one (very difficult). hopefully kenny having it on his web site will promote it better.

the australian one was easy to find and order but shipping costs from australia are close to the item cost of the waite (at least the prices i found in old forum posts).

kenny, hope you put an announcement out when you are set to supply.

Thats why I've been working on this deal for a LOOOONNGG time. It's a great tool, just poorly marketed and distributed, I hope to be changing that soon however, and you bet I'll post it in the forums.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts

When I first got my av20 I was having this issue. Now when I’m done with the grapple and kill the tractor I hit the diverter switch and and get the pressure off Incase I need to take the grapple off. Been easy peasy since then. I do have the diverter hooked up to the cigarette plug at the moment though. I guess when I finally hard wire it in I may not have power to it when the tractor is off. Guess it’s something to think about when I finally hard wire it.

Thats why I've been working on this deal for a LOOOONNGG time. It's a great tool, just poorly marketed and distributed, I hope to be changing that soon however, and you bet I'll post it in the forums.
Looks like I may be making a purchase soon. That and imatch chain boxes. Well. Soon as they available :)

·
Registered
108 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
I saw on there website they are on amazon...... Can anyone help me find it on there?

Thanks
They look like an interesting design but at almost $200 the price is insane. I would strongly encourage you to hold off if you can for one of Kenny’s “Waites” tools. I’ve had the Waite tool for several years and it is magical.

·
Registered
108 Posts
They look like an interesting design but at almost $200 the price is insane. I would strongly encourage you to hold off if you can for one of Kenny’s “Waites” tools. I’ve had the Waite tool for several years and it is magical.
Will the waites tool work on both male and female 1/2” couplers
My application requires both

·
Premium Member
12,174 Posts
Will the waites tool work on both male and female 1/2” couplers
My application requires both
Are you working with flat-faced skid steer style couplers or standard Pioneer couplers?

The two tools I have will only work on male couplers. I know they also made a tool for flat-faced couplers but I'm not sure what it looks like.

Looking at the fittings on the AU website, these wouldn't be all that hard to make even without machinists tools like a lathe. Thread a cut-off bolt into the back of the fitting, drill a hole in the center and thread in a piece of rod, drill a hole through it for a T-handle. Drill a hole in the side to vent off the fluid.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Them flat faced ones are different....what was the purpose of the invention..Possibly easier to clean before connecting?

I always just shoot mine ( 955 70A loader) with wd outta the high pressure Red can to flush the female end....wipe the other and bingo.

I do always be sure FEL is full forward & on stand.. when removing.....have to chase it at times to keep lines loose to dis connect.

Connecting has maybe been a problem one time in 20 yrs....quick bump of fitting to whatever is close has fixed it.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Are you working with flat-faced skid steer style couplers or standard Pioneer couplers?

The two tools I have will only work on male couplers. I know they also made a tool for flat-faced couplers but I'm not sure what it looks like.

Looking at the fittings on the AU website, these wouldn't be all that hard to make even without machinists tools like a lathe. Thread a cut-off bolt into the back of the fitting, drill a hole in the center and thread in a piece of rod, drill a hole through it for a T-handle. Drill a hole in the side to vent off the fluid.
The standard pioneer couplers.
My plow truck at work uses them for the zero velocity spinner angle functions. There are 3 sets of male and female 1/2 couplers to run the 3 functions. It is all electric over hydraulic and the truck has to be running not just key on for those functions to work. So as you can guess pressure is a constant problem.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts