Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys,

I installed my new iMatch on my 1026R yesterday. The iMatch came with a steel bushing zip-tied to each of the lower hooks. There was no bushing provided for the upper, center hook though. I installed the iMatch to my tractor's 3 point hitch and then I slipped a bushing on each of the 2 lower pins on my ballast box. I was then able to quickly and easily back up to the ballast box (centering the upper hook with the upper pin) and pick it up. The only issue I have is that it appears that it would be beneficial to have a bushing on the upper, center pin as well. Any opinions on this would be most appreciated. By the way, no instructions were included with the iMatch.

I did a search here as I thought there was discussion about ballast box bushings not long ago but my search came up blank.

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
You are missing the upper bushing for sure. Make sure your dealer coughs one up for you! Did the lower bushings come with the roll pins to secure them to your ballast box?

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You are missing the upper bushing for sure. Make sure your dealer coughs one up for you! Did the lower bushings come with the roll pins to secure them to your ballast box?
dieselshadow,

No, no roll pins came with the iMatch. I tried installing my spring-ring pins to hold the bushing in place but the iMatch hooks were riding on the pins and that didn't look right so I removed them. Then I thought, Well, maybe the weight of the ballast box on the hooks was supposed to prevent the bushings from sliding off.

So I guess a ride to the dealer is in order. I'll ask for the 2 roll pins and the upper, center bushing. I suppose I'll be charged for these.

·
Premium Member
1,194 Posts
Are your bushings shouldered? My tractor came with a couple bushings but they were not the quick hitch shouldered bushings. I think the top needs two bushings if you do it right to bush out to the correct OD.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No. My lower bushings are just plain bushings - nothing fancy.

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
You should have gotten something similar to this

A complete set of bushings should come with your hitch. This is what they should look like, maybe a little cleaner though.:laugh:

IMG_1918.JPG

The two smaller bushings go together for your upper link. The roll pins secure the shouldered bushings to the lower implement pins.

I stand corrected - please read post #9

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
A complete set of bushings should come with your hitch. This is what they should look like, maybe a little cleaner though.:laugh:

View attachment 9352

The two smaller bushings go together for your upper link. The roll pins secure the shouldered bushings to the lower implement pins.
If you read through the other posts I linked to, it appears this style no longer is included :thumbsdown: I hate bean counters.

The best deal for lower bushings is: QUICK HITCH ADAPTER KIT CAT 1-3

·
Administrator
20,973 Posts
On John Deere's build your own configurator, I did a search and "built" an iMatch Auto-Hitch. When in the customize product page comes up, scroll to the bottom. The iMatch hitch LVB25976 lists that one set of bushings LVU15507 is included.

JD parts shows what they look like,

12670301.jpg

So it seems that what you initially received is what you were supposed to get, just as Kenny stated. My hitch came with nothing. I asked my dealer about the bushings and the previous picture I posted was what he gave me.

Sorry about passing bum information to you earlier.:flag_of_truce:

Thank you Kenny!

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
If your dealer doesn't have the upper bushings, or you need additional ones for another attachment, Tractor Supply carries them. I think they were only about $2 apiece (you need both as shown). Take the pin that goes through the toplink with you and one bushing just fits on it, and the second bushing just fits on the first. I think the TSC part SKUs are 268446 and 267945.

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
111 Posts
On John Deere's build your own configurator, I did a search and "built" an iMatch Auto-Hitch. When in the customize product page comes up, scroll to the bottom. The iMatch hitch LVB25976 lists that one set of bushings LVU15507 is included.

JD parts shows what they look like,

View attachment 9356

So it seems that what you initially received is what you were supposed to get, just as Kenny stated. My hitch came with nothing. I asked my dealer about the bushings and the previous picture I posted was what he gave me.

Sorry about passing bum information to you earlier.:flag_of_truce:

Thank you Kenny!
the bushings I got with mine were like these but only an inch wide! they are USELESS! I had the lower links come unhooked with them several times using my boxblade. the bushing would slide to one side (out of the QH claw) Cat1-2 and 2-3 bushings from TSC fixed that problem!

·
Registered
53 Posts
the bushings I got with mine were like these but only an inch wide! they are USELESS! I had the lower links come unhooked with them several times using my boxblade. the bushing would slide to one side (out of the QH claw) Cat1-2 and 2-3 bushings from TSC fixed that problem!

The bushings that came with my I-Match QH were also way to narrow and would slip out of the hooks while in use, so I also bought the TSC bushings for around two bucks each. The ones from JD were $20.00 each!!

Now the nice heavy duty shouldered version with locking roll pins that I bought along with my Ballast Box were very nice and that kit also came with a top link bushing all for $32.00 from JD, sometimes I just can"t understand their pricing, a very nice 3 piece kit is cheaper than a pair of plain bushings that are way to narrow!:banghead:

·
Registered
117 Posts
Older thread, but I just got one of these today.

It came with just one bushing. Headed to TSC on the way home tomorrow to pick up the rest. do I just need Cat 2->Cat 1 bushings? or do I also need a cat 3->cat2 for the top link?

I'm going to use this for my ballast box at least initially.

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Older thread, but I just got one of these today.

It came with just one bushing. Headed to TSC on the way home tomorrow to pick up the rest. do I just need Cat 2->Cat 1 bushings? or do I also need a cat 3->cat2 for the top link?

I'm going to use this for my ballast box at least initially.
For the top link, you need a CAT1>CAT2, then a CAT2>CAT3 if purchasing forom TSC or other farm dealers. JD has one that goes from CAT1>CAT3 that usually included.

·
Premium Member
13,024 Posts
For the top link, you need a CAT1>CAT2, then a CAT2>CAT3 if purchasing forom TSC or other farm dealers. JD has one that goes from CAT1>CAT3 that usually included.
Yep... when I had my 200CX loader installed I purchased the ballast box at the same time. The dealer pre-installed a nice set of QH bushings on the box, big knob-style bushings for the bottom pins and the Cat3 bushing for the top link, all for the paltry sum of $80. Sweet! :thumbsdown:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
My new iMatch came with only one bushing. It was for the top link and it was too big to be of any use. So I dropped into my local JD dealer and picked up the bushing kit he recommended for $32 plus tax. It is part number LP19969. It is complete with bottom bushings along with the roll pins and a top bushing. They fit perfectly, although I would like the top link bushing to be a little longer. Pictures enclosed. At $32, it is only slightly more than picking up individual pieces elsewhere and is guaranteed to fit out of the box/package.

Dave

IMAG0178.jpg IMAG0179.jpg

·
Registered
7 Posts
Are there two or more versions of the imatch ? The lower hooks on my iMatch are definitely sized for Cat 2 pins as the shoulder bushings readily available (Cat 1 - Cat 3 1-7/16" in the LP19969 kit) have to be turned down to 1-1/8" to fit for me.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1391835810.449623.jpg

Is there a kit/shoulder bushing that goes Cat 1 to Cat 2 that I can avoid this machining step ?

Cheers
Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Are there two or more versions of the imatch ? The lower hooks on my iMatch are definitely sized for Cat 2 pins as the shoulder bushings readily available (Cat 1 - Cat 3 1-7/16" in the LP19969 kit) have to be turned down to 1-1/8" to fit for me.
View attachment 25103

Is there a kit/shoulder bushing that goes Cat 1 to Cat 2 that I can avoid this machining step ?

Cheers
Bruce

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Do you have the old style iMatch like mine or is it the nw style iMatch wth the adjustable top hook? I am not aware of a difference, but maybe someone on this forum that has the new style can chime in. My old style worked just fine with the LP19969 kit.

Dave

·
Premium Member
2,228 Posts
Doesn't Speeco make a much more cost effective version of these??

-J.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts