Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Your boxblade has a non-standard spacing on the top link, it will have to be modified to fit the iMatch.

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
Looks like it is Plasma Cutter time...........

Up north we would call it non-standard spacing or "it doesn't fit".

apparently in other geographic regions, it's non "standerd"......just kidding, Kenny.:laugh:

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Looks like it is Plasma Cutter time...........

Up north we would call it non-standard spacing or "it doesn't fit".

apparently in other geographic regions, it's non "standerd"......just kidding, Kenny.:laugh:
Watch your back SB:nunu:

·
Administrator
18,483 Posts
Jason, if "over yonder" is anywhere near Westminster MD I'd be happy to fix it for you, another member might as well if you tell us your location.

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
It's already found a home that needs it. I took it down the road to my cousin's and it fit all of his equipment. Once I saw how it actually worked I realized it won't fit anything I own. Oh well....at least I have the controls on the back of the tractor!:bigthumb:

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Never mind.
:unknown:

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Registered
12,618 Posts
Reactions: Levi and gbnpp05

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
gbnpp05; what was u dreaming too!!! and posted in wrong thread-right. sorry!
No, not dreaming. I posted my thoughts and then looked at his picture again and realized I didn't know what I was talking about.(as usual):unknown:

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
jasonkendall

It's already found a home that needs it. I took it down the road to my cousin's and it fit all of his equipment. Once I saw how it actually worked I realized it won't fit anything I own. Oh well....at least I have the controls on the back of the tractor!

Shame you had to go that route. As TonyBMI fixed his that is what was needed for yours. We did a similar fix to my box blade. Once this was done your box blade would work like it was meant .

As long as your happy ,that is what matters.. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
The real fix, that would allow this to work with both standard and non-standard, would be to design enough travel in the iMatch hook to actually reach the normal top link pin. Is there a different hook out there on the market? Modifying the iMatch hook would be much easier than modifying the box blade, tiller, other box blade, angle blade, finish mower, bush hog, and bale spike.

·
Premium Member
15,037 Posts
The real fix, that would allow this to work with both standard and non-standard, would be to design enough travel in the iMatch hook to actually reach the normal top link pin. Is there a different hook out there on the market? Modifying the iMatch hook would be much easier than modifying the box blade, tiller, other box blade, angle blade, finish mower, bush hog, and bale spike.
Yep you are so right , much easier ,quicker, and cheaper to fix the hook. For me I only had the rear blade to change.

Wouldn't think it would be hat hard to come up with a fix of changing the hook .:dunno:

·
Registered
4,198 Posts
Jason has asked me for pics of the iMatch adapter on my Befco mower, so I am posting them here. Maybe someone else also has need for this. I was aware that Befco had the iMatch option available when I ordered my mower, so I made sure I ordered it at the same time as I ordered the mower. They installed it and then also gave me the old linkage which I will likely never use. I might add that it works perfectly. One thing more that I might add, I have found that I cannot have the hyd top link moved too far back as it will rub on the PTO shaft.

Dave

IMAG0229.jpg

IMAG0236.jpg

IMAG0237.jpg

IMAG0238.jpg

IMAG0239.jpg

·
Premium Member
10,120 Posts
ddinham, that is a pretty nice looking setup.

I have an older 60" Befco and hacked up a Quick Hitch mod this summer. I was planning on "updating" it over the winter.

Thanks for posting that.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Premium Member
9,321 Posts
I know you guys will laugh at me but a quick easy dirty fix that I am not really proud of but it worked. Can be cut free very easily.
Function is usually far more important than fashion or being "fashionable", except in women's clothing and then all bets are off. :laugh:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
No, not dreaming. I posted my thoughts and then looked at his picture again and realized I didn't know what I was talking about.(as usual):unknown:
I have these moments. :laugh:

Now I'll prove it. On a finish mower like the one pictured, do you even want to hook up the top link? Some I've seen have a link for the top link that moves up and down so the mower moves with the terrain. :unknown:

·
Premium Member
745 Posts
I have these moments. :laugh:

Now I'll prove it. On a finish mower like the one pictured, do you even want to hook up the top link? Some I've seen have a link for the top link that moves up and down so the mower moves with the terrain. :unknown:
To me it looks like the second bolt behind the top link hook pivots allowing the back to move up and down while not binding the top link. The support running to the back of the mower looks to be a bit long given the angle of the quick hitch, but I'm sure there's a reason why.

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Banned
419 Posts
I Match

Levi Your dead right The mower should be pulled by the 3 point arms when using it. The top link is only to lift it. In most cases and I do not have a pic sine it is buried for the winter. I did mine by cutting two bars with 3/4 holes 7 1/2 inches apart and placing a 3/4 bolt with the spacers for the hook between them. You need the 3.4 ID to 1 OD then the 1 ID to 1 1/4 OD. One slid over the other on the bolt. Then place the two bars on earthier side. Then Place a bolt through the other holes and shim with washers attaching to the original mower top link mounting. That will give you the flex you need as well as the lifting to raise the unit when needed. I did not buy the Land Pride conversion hitch. Just made my own links. I used 1/4 X 2 flat stock

1 - 20 of 41 Posts