Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have several implements that require me to move the IMatch hook up or down. A PITA to have to go get wrenches.

I tried the trailer pin solution, but they were sloppy because they are slightly smaller at 5/8" than the hook holes.

So I drilled a 1/4" hole in the original bolts and use lynch pins to hold the bolts in place.

Now quick and easy to change the hook location..

KIMG0306.JPG KIMG0304.JPG

·
Administrator
18,497 Posts
Nice mod!

:wgtt:

Reactions: Levi and pcabe5

·
Premium Member
15,044 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:bigthumb::bigthumb:

Reactions: pcabe5

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Great mod. :bigthumb: Now all you need to do is weld a piece of steel on the heads of the 2 bolts so they are one piece and you could move both bolts at the same time.

·
Registered
12,618 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
Great idea. Thanks

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
I think this is the best mod yet for dealing with the top-hook bolts.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
So the bolts really add that much to the snugness of the top hook? I figured it was just the fact that the nuts were tightened on that made the bolts a more rigid connection than pins. I wasn't aware that the bolts were enough larger in diameter to make things better. I may have to swap them in when I till next time and see if it helps with the rigidity.

Rob

·
Registered
42 Posts
Alternative approach for adjusting i-Match top hook

I've been using a similar approach as I have a rotary cutter (LP) that is identified as 'Quick Hitch' compatible, but the bolts
interfered with connecting to the implement. Based on a suggestion from the (not JD) implement dealer, I ended up using cleavis pins
which don't protrude much that enabled the hook to go deeper into top connection, while also allowing vertical adjustment.

The 'hairpins' aren't as secure as lynch pins, but seem to work. An alternative would be split rings that might not vibrate loose
but then wouldn't be quite as easy to adjust height.

The top hook mainly controls horizontal motion and I haven't had any issues when in use.

i_match_A.png

i_match_B.png

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
I've been using a similar approach as I have a rotary cutter (LP) that is identified as 'Quick Hitch' compatible, but the bolts
interfered with connecting to the implement. Based on a suggestion from the (not JD) implement dealer, I ended up using cleavis pins
which don't protrude much that enabled the hook to go deeper into top connection, while also allowing vertical adjustment.

The 'hairpins' aren't as secure as lynch pins, but seem to work. An alternative would be split rings that might not vibrate loose
but then wouldn't be quite as easy to adjust height.

The top hook mainly controls horizontal motion and I haven't had any issues when in use.

View attachment 474698
That is exactly how the Land Pride QH15 quick hitch is configured from the factory. I lost one of the hairpins and associated clevis pin the first time I plowed snow. I immediately replaced them with low-profile bolts and never looked back. That was 4 years ago.

I have to chuckle sometimes as it seems the quick hitches that came with pins folks replace with bolts and the hitches that came with bolts folks replace with pins. :)

·
Registered
49 Posts
An improved top hook????

While shopping for implement bushings, I found this replacement top hook for a CAT. 1 Quick Hitch at Agri Supply. Top Hook for Cat 1 Quick Hitch | Agri Supply 86528 It appears that the distance from the top link pin to the fastening bolts has been increased to possibly eliminate the problem of the mounting bolts interfering with hooking-up the top link.

Does anyone have any experience with this product??

Mark

Reactions: Levi and BigJim55

·
Premium Member
13,034 Posts
While shopping for implement bushings, I found this replacement top hook for a CAT. 1 Quick Hitch at Agri Supply. Top Hook for Cat 1 Quick Hitch | Agri Supply 86528 It appears that the distance from the top link pin to the fastening bolts has been increased to possibly eliminate the problem of the mounting bolts interfering with hooking-up the top link.

Does anyone have any experience with this product??

Mark
It appears to be marketed as a replacement for the hook on their own quick hitch.

Quick Hitch-3-Point Quick Hitch

I'm not sure if there is a standard for the holes drilled in the hooks as I never tried swapping the hook from one brand to another.

Reactions: BigJim55

·
Registered
49 Posts
jgayman,

That begs the questions; Would a top link hook ever wear out before the rest of the quick hitch? And has anyone ever lost a top link hook?

So what would the reason be for offering a replacement top link hook?

You may be correct in that, that is the obvious answer.

Mark

·
Registered
679 Posts
I'd like to know if a JD top hook would match these holes. My HF quick hitch center hook looks to be wider than the JD top hook. JD sells a replacement hook for the IMatch.

I've thought of grinding my top hook to be narrower on the bottom, that is what gives me an issue when trying to load or drop my Frontier Box Blade.

Wish I had a JD top hook for a tracing, to compare with the HF hook.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,368 Posts
What implements do you have to move the top hook on the imatch for?

·
Registered
679 Posts
If that is to me, my HF top hook must be moved for my Fronrier box blade to the 40 gallon sprayer. The top hook is a real pain to get to fit on the Frontier Box Blade. The JD hook looks to have less material on the bottom, making that radius more forgiving.

JD 1025r
Warren, OR

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
My King Kutter Professional 60" tiller requires a different top hook placement than my King Kutter middle buster. The Heavy Hitch is the same as one of these but I'm not sure which. Without going out to measure things in the shed I can't say which implement needs the longer vs. shorter hook placement, but it is indeed different.

Rob

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
My King Kutter Professional 60" tiller requires a different top hook placement than my King Kutter middle buster. The Heavy Hitch is the same as one of these but I'm not sure which. Without going out to measure things in the shed I can't say which implement needs the longer vs. shorter hook placement, but it is indeed different.

Rob
QH Labeled.JPG

I have several implements that require different hook positions. I used a paint stick to mark the appropriate holes to match the equipment.

1 - 20 of 100 Posts