Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and my story so far on my accidental 2720 purchase follows.

I took the plunge and bought a new 2720 compact tractor during the first days of June 2011 here in Connecticut. This will replace my 2210 which I owned for 7 years that only had one problem since I bought it new. A slow drip in the steering cylander that developed just after the warranty expired :flag_of_truce:

I bought the 2720 with a 200CX loader, 60" bucket, standard weight box, imatch, 62d mid mount mower & the power flow bagger attachement. The dealer recommended and I bought the power flow diverter which I understand will share the bucket curl and the mower deck raise and lower functions. So far, I got it.

I'm expecting deleivery sometime in mid July and the hold up so far has been with the 62D Mid mount mowerand hardware. The dealer said all the other parts have arrived but he can't put it all together as the mower hardware needs to be installed first. This was the first disappointment.

Disappointment #2: I had ordered the machine with Imatch. My dealer said Imatch will not work with the power flow setup on the 2720 even though the power flow bagger uses a 3 point hitch connection to the tractor. They said the Imatch pushes the 3 point attachment back about 6 inches and the grass chute will not line up with the bagger. I couldn't believe it and was not happy to hear that but it looks to be the case and I'm curious as to if anyone knows more about this. I am hoping there is a work around as I really wanted the imatch as I plan on switching between the bagger, weight box and a tiller fairly regularly. I have a bad back so I wanted a little conviniece here . Maybe if deere had a quick disconnect mounting setup to the imatch itself, this would fix this. I'll know better later in the month when I get the machine. I'll post pictures when it comes in especially of the latest power flow design. I couldn't find any detailed pictures on the web.

:laugh:

It was kind of silly how this all started, but I swear it is true. I was only thinking about buying a new tractor this year..I wasn't very serious and was totally happy with my 2210. My wife decided to hold a tag sale in late May. Things were busy during the tag sale for a while and then slowed down considerably. She said why don't you park your tractor on the lawn and see if it draws some people in and it will give the guys something to look at other than baby clothes and toys. Boy was she riight. Just as soon after I parked the 2210 on the lawn, the traffic increased almost immediately. The guys went right for the tractor and girls went right for the baby stuff. My daughter said, how about if I list it on Craigist. So around noon, she listed it and then several couples showed up from the listing. The guys were asking their wives if they wanted to go to a tag sale.:empathy3: Then those wives migrated to baby clothes and toys while those sly guys were drawn to look at the 2210. Talk about win win.

I had 19 total web inquiries and 13 - 2210 visitors in 24 hours. I got my price and a deposit in hand within one day. One guy cursed me out because he couldn't come and see it on Sunday but got real mad at me when I called him on Monday and told him it was sold.

The 2210 was being loaded 24 hours later and I was then...:morning2: tractorless. When the young man showed up to pick up his new used 2210, he had a 1 ton trailer. I drove the 2210 up on the trailer with the loader, mower deck and weight box attached and we watched the trailer springs reverse direction down to the fenders. Since that wouldn't work, we removed the mower and tried again. The trailer springs again responded with another frown. We then cut the trailer fenders off. We then removed the weight box and that did the trick with pretty much a straight line spring once I jumped off....ok, that works ...next problem. I figure the 2210 weighed about 3000lbs when you add together the base tractor, loader with bucket, weight box filled (with gravel), 54 inch mower deck and one plump but very happy seller. You'll have to do the math to figure out how much I weigh but remember this: That I will lie about. :fed:

If you want to sell your tractor, ask her to have a tag sale.

·
Administrator
21,217 Posts
Welcome to DT AJDO:good2:

That's quite a story! As for the Powerflow, I can't see why getting a piece of hose and extending it a little-or even a new hose entirely would not work? I assume they use 6"? I have a small section of 6" I could send you from my Dust Collection system if that's all that's needed...

·
Premium Member
9,065 Posts
Welcome Joe:

It may be tacky on a new tractor; but what about a piece of furnace duct, or PVC pipe, or hose, or whatever to extend the bagger's hose. Some Satin Black Krylon Fusion on PVC pipe will almost make it look factory.

·
Premium Member
2,856 Posts
Good luck making that work. I'll bet there's a way that you can do it once you have it home. Thanks for sharing that story.

·
Registered
11 Posts
2520 with power flow bagger

the bagger also mounts to the draw bar. there is no way you can use the Imatch. I have the same power flow mounted on my 2520. The chute that runs between the mower and the bagger is square, not round. I wish that the blower wasn't mounted to the mower deck. Having the blower hanging off the right side of the deck, makes it cut uneven. You will have to take your time and get the deck leveled side to side.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.