Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a one year old John Deere 1025r. I love this tractor! I was going to post a question and ask why you would want an iMatch quick hitch but, after wrestling with a gravel loaded ballast box to put it back on the tractor—phwew! ‘nough said—time for an iMatch!!
I want to order an iMatch with a bolted on top hook. However most of what I see online are welded top hooks. I was even on a website that
showed two different pictures of the
LVB25976 and voila—one of the pictures of supposed same iMatch showed a welded top hook and the next picture in the same series was a bolted on hook!
I am confused!?!🙃

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
I'm sorry I can't say with absolute certainty but if I am not mistaken all the genuine Deere Imatch quick hitches currently being produced will have the bolt on top hook.
I think the older designs were welded.

A man gets tired of wrestling iron after a while eh?

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
You can't always go by the photo. JD LVB25976 is indeed an iMatch with the adjustable top-hook as shown in the parts illustration below.

I see style LVB25255 listed for the iMatch with the welded top-hook. When you look up LVB25255 in JD Parts it shows that P/N replaced by LVB25976. If you are ordering from some place on-line I would call for confirmation to ensure they send you the correct unit.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Yeah, the only ones being produced today are with the adjustable top hook. I was lucky and was able to find one with the fixed hook when I was looking for one about 4-5 years ago. I did not want the adjustable top hook. I also have a HF quick hitch that does have the adjustable top hook and I much prefer the fixed top hook on my iMatch.

Dave

·
Registered
1,760 Posts
Curiosity here...does the fixed hook JD I-Match have the same issue that the adjustable hook version has. IE frame of quick hitch hitting frame of implements.

·
Registered
649 Posts
Curiosity here...does the fixed hook JD I-Match have the same issue that the adjustable hook version has. IE frame of quick hitch hitting frame of implements.
Best of my knowledge no!

Doug

·
Administrator
17,287 Posts

What he said!
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓

Best of my knowledge no!

Doug

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
I have a fixed hook I-match and have never had an issue like you describe but have read of folks with the adjustable one having issues like that. Whatever implements you get make sure they are quick hitch compatible as some are simply designed not to work with a quick hitch. Some implements don't allow the top hook to slide in and hook it based on the design of the attachment so look close before you buy one. Once you have one you will understand the engineering quirk.

These things are well worth the money. I was lucky and found mine on CL for about 1/2 price of new because a guy bought it at an auction thinking it was a CL2 or 3 quick hitch he could give to his brother who owned a large JD but it was a CL I hitch.

·
Registered
570 Posts
I want the iMatch Quick Attach for my x739. I'm having a real hard time stepping up to the counter due to what they cost.
I'm hoping for a Craigslist or similar find. I would even buy the LandPride version.

·
Premium Member
10,957 Posts
I want the iMatch Quick Attach for my x739. I'm having a real hard time stepping up to the counter due to what they cost.
I'm hoping for a Craigslist or similar find. I would even buy the LandPride version.
The Land Pride QH-15 costs $100 more than the iMatch (it is also a bit stronger). Although strength shouldn't be a factor on a X700-series machine. I had both for a while and compared the two. I ended up keeping the QH-15 and selling the iMatch.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I went the LandPride route and bought the QH05 for my 1025r and love it! Also, no bushing to fool with!!!!

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF155 flail mower

1 - 14 of 14 Posts