Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How should the correct bushing fit in the top hook? Does it fill the whole cradle with no slop ? I’m not sure I have the correct bushing on my top pin. Pictures or part number would be helpful.

Thank you,

Kevin

John Deere 4066R

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
Yes, it should fit in the opening of the top-hook. Like the bottom pins, the top-link should be "bushed" up to Cat-3 specifications. That means the top bushing should be 1-1/4 inches. This is usually accomplished by using two bushing. A Cat-1 to Cat-2 inside a Cat-2 to Cat-3.

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
In additional to what jgayman said, note that the toplink bushings and the bottom pin bushings are different sizes.

The bottom pin Cat 3 bushing has an outside diameter of 1 7/8 inches.
The toplink Cat 3 bushing has an outside diameter of 1 1/4 inches.

·
Registered
2,573 Posts
How should the correct bushing fit in the top hook? Does it fill the whole cradle with no slop ? I’m not sure I have the correct bushing on my top pin. Pictures or part number would be helpful.

Thank you,

Kevin

John Deere 4066R
Kevin,

It should fill the whole cradle without any slop. Should be a 1-1/4" bushing.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
In additional to what jgayman said, note that the toplink bushings and the bottom pin bushings are different sizes.

The bottom pin Cat 3 bushing has an outside diameter of 1 7/8 inches.
The toplink Cat 3 bushing has an outside diameter of 1 1/4 inches.
It's easy to buy the wrong ones at Tractor Supply when you don't know this. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
It's easy to buy the wrong ones at Tractor Supply when you don't know this. :laugh:
Oh, I know! Been there, done that! :laugh:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok, the one that came with my imatch is too big for the top. My old one is cat 1 to cat 2, I’m missing the cat 2 to cat 3 to take up the space.

Thank you

John Deere 4066R

·
Super Moderator
4,890 Posts
Ok, the one that came with my imatch is too big for the top. My old one is cat 1 to cat 2, I’m missing the cat 2 to cat 3 to take up the space.
My iMatch came with a set of bushings but only for the lower lift arm pins. It didn't come with a toplink bushing set. It sounds like you got the same thing.

·
Premium Member
10,983 Posts
My iMatch came with a set of bushings but only for the lower lift arm pins. It didn't come with a toplink bushing set. It sounds like you got the same thing.
That's correct. For reasons unknown the iMatch ships with a set of lower bushings only.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
If you have a Coastal Farm store or that tsh place( we don't have this nice store) ..They should have all the top bushings.

Our JD is next to Coastal....hence they have nothing on the shelf like they used too...:banghead:

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I got three the same size diameter, but one is narrower? I assumed it was for the top, it just did not fit in the cradle.

John Deere 4066R

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
I've bought the wrong bushings before...:banghead: Not too bad except the closest farm/fleet store is 50 miles round trip!!

Here's a couple of pics for you showing stacked bushings....

z2.JPG

z3.JPG

z4.JPG

·
Administrator
17,300 Posts
I too have been a victim of TSC and their poor inventory controls and bins with the wrong parts in them. Our local one sure has gone downhill in the last 10 years :banghead:

Now we have one-stop shopping for QH Bushings:

Attachments

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,106 Posts
I too have been a victim of TSC and their poor inventory controls and bins with the wrong parts in them. Our local one sure has gone downhill in the last 10 years :banghead:

Now we have one-stop shopping for QH Bushings:
Sure makes buying easy. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
536 Posts
Took me some head scratching to figure that out when I got iMatch :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts