Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was at Harbor Freight today picking up a drawbar (great price @ 17.99 on sale) and noted that they had a 3pt Quick Hitch that looks similar to the JD iMatch. Other than the huge price delta and color/decals, is there any advantage of the iMatch over the "Generic" at Harbor Freight @ 89.00ea? http://www.harborfreight.com/3-point-quick-hitch-27-1-2-half-inch-clearance-97214.html
I like the idea of being able to pickup my 62D MMM with the iMatch as they show in the videos for ease of cleaning the underside of the deck, but don't the Deere iMatch hitches go for around 300.00? Going with the Harbor Freight special and a can of Deere Green I might be able to acheive the same result?

·
Registered
63 Posts
I was at Harbor Freight today picking up a drawbar (great price @ 17.99 on sale) and noted that they had a 3pt Quick Hitch that looks similar to the JD iMatch. Other than the huge price delta and color/decals, is there any advantage of the iMatch over the "Generic" at Harbor Freight @ 89.00ea? http://www.harborfreight.com/3-point-quick-hitch-27-1-2-half-inch-clearance-97214.html
I like the idea of being able to pickup my 62D MMM with the iMatch as they show in the videos for ease of cleaning the underside of the deck, but don't the Deere iMatch hitches go for around 300.00? Going with the Harbor Freight special and a can of Deere Green I might be able to acheive the same result?
I had the HF hitch on my 2305 and it fit everything that I used. It went with the tractor when I sold it. I now have the I-MATCH only because the dealer through it in on the deal.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bought a HF QH, it fit so badly I went to the local Deere dealer got the Imatch hitch. No comparison, the Imatch is so much better.

·
Registered
48 Posts
I bought one...

I bought the HF QH for 90 dollars. Farted around with getting my attachments to work...Seems like they need to sell you the adapter for the top link in the box and come up with some bushings for the bottom two points also.

My ballast box fit in, but seemed like it could shift and fall off one of the arms. Didn't seem like a good system at all. Was very solid looking/feeling, but I think they missed the details. Took it back the next day.

Haven't yet bought a Speeco/Deere yet.

·
Banned
747 Posts
I've got a Speeco and my balast box and back blade (both Frontier) hook up just fine.

I bought the HF QH for 90 dollars. Farted around with getting my attachments to work...Seems like they need to sell you the adapter for the top link in the box and come up with some bushings for the bottom two points also.

My ballast box fit in, but seemed like it could shift and fall off one of the arms. Didn't seem like a good system at all. Was very solid looking/feeling, but I think they missed the details. Took it back the next day.

Haven't yet bought a Speeco/Deere yet.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Speeco Quick Hitch

I just brought a Speeco Economy Quick Hitch from EverythingAttachments along with their 48" Box Blade for my 1026R. The Speeco unit is not compatable with the JD 3-pt Receiver Hitch. I am trying to return unit for a iMatch compatible unit. I wish I had gone w/ JD all the way, maybe I wouldn't have experienced this problem.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I have a HF (got it on sale for $79). The lower receivers are big enough for a class 3 hitch. I use sleeve adapters on my implements (cost a few dollars at the local FleetFarm) and with the top link adapter from hF I can use all my stuff (JD rear blade, KK boom, Howie plow, KK middle buster). For the money saved compared to the Imatch I can buy some other toy like the heavy hitch!

·
Registered
490 Posts
Ive owned multiple imatches, never even considered a different brand, never knew the HF one existed until after I had purchased numerous imatches. :lol:
When I sold my Yanmar, I made sure the imatch would work on my "new" Deere. So far all of my attachments except a few have fit, the few that did not fit were modified to fit.
Land vehicle Vehicle Tractor Construction equipment Automotive wheel system

·
Registered
456 Posts
I've had one of those Harbor Freight quick hitches on my 3 point for about 3 years. It works great and was cheaply priced. No complaints at all.

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
I need some education here, please. I've been reading this thread about HF's Imatch & Jd's Imatch.

Pardon me, but I really don't understand that Imatch accessory. If your tractor has a 3pt. hitch, what would you need that Imatch thing for. And if your tractor does not have a 3pt hitch, how would you attach the Imatch to the tractor.

Ok now. Hold your laughs until I leave the room. Sorry for not undertstanding this equipement. I live in an Imatch-less world.
:unknown:

·
Super Moderator
2,769 Posts
Maybe this video will help:

And you need a 3 point hitch.

Reactions: Maddog

·
Registered
446 Posts
I think the goal is to hook up the attachment from the seat, not sure how well that works in practice.

Just back up to your attchment and the iMatch goes under the pins raise it to hook the attachment .

I dont have one either so that is my understanding.

Edit: video above demostrates what I was trying to say. I'm a slow typer. :laugh:

·
Super Moderator
2,769 Posts
I think the goal is to hook up the attachment from the seat, not sure how well that works in practice.

Just back up to your attchment and the iMatch goes under the pins raise it to hook the attachment .

I dont have one either so that is my understanding.

Edit: video above demostrates what I was trying to say. I'm a slow typer. :laugh:
Your explanation pretty much was spot on. It just makes it easier to hook to rear 3 point attachments, especially heavy ones. And you can do it from the tractor seat.

·
Registered
489 Posts
I need some education here, please. I've been reading this thread about HF's Imatch & Jd's Imatch.

Pardon me, but I really don't understand that Imatch accessory. If your tractor has a 3pt. hitch, what would you need that Imatch thing for. And if your tractor does not have a 3pt hitch, how would you attach the Imatch to the tractor.
Maddog,

It's up to 10 times faster hooking up an attachment with an Imatch compared to hooking it up directly to the 3PH without the Imatch. I wouldn't be without my JD Imatch.

·
Premium Member
439 Posts
I have an I-Match and a 62D MMM. In reading this post am I to understand you can pick up the deck with the I-Match to raise and clean it? I am embarrased to say but I had no idea that was possible. Am I understanding that correct?

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
I have an I-Match and a 62D MMM. In reading this post am I to understand you can pick up the deck with the I-Match to raise and clean it? I am embarrased to say but I had no idea that was possible. Am I understanding that correct?
Some of the very early decks had brackets to allow this, but they (the brackets) soon disappeared from the decks. Speculation is the lawyers didn't like the idea, and/or people where blowing front tires by hitting them while doing the driver-over thing.

If you post pics of the deck we can tell you if you have those brackets or not.

Reactions: Randy Lang

·
Administrator
21,043 Posts
Just to add to why the iMatch (or other QH) is easier , you don't have to adjust the sway bars/chains anymore since the lower 3HP arms are held at a constant spacing.

·
Registered
446 Posts
I bought mine from HF for $69.00 on a sale day and it works great for my JD tiller and Ballast box. Back-up, lift the 3 pt. and push down on the handles to lock. It's that simple.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts