Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
image.jpg Can’t find the number code to reference the ballast needed chart in manual.
Is there a chart somewhere that shows the code

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
To which letter code are you referring?
Sorrry corrected it read number code.

For instance I have
Frontier av20h grapple 60 inch
Frontier af11e boom mounted front blade 6 ft
Frontier lp1172 land plane
Frontier 6 ft gm1072 mower.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts

For instance I have
No problem. I just wanted to be sure.

You bring up a very good point. I've always wondered about those implement codes as well as that chart is listed in most of the tractor manuals. Your tractor manual says to check the manual for the implement for "ballast requirements". I've looked through various implement owner's manuals for big heavy things like seeders, spreaders and power rakes. Things that weigh thousands of pounds and would obviously require some front ballast on the tractor. NOWHERE can I find any mention of an "implement code" or other ballast information in any of those manuals.

The JD Ballast Calculator Spreadsheet also lists those implement codes along with actual names of some implements but it doesn't list everything. Do you have a copy of the spreadsheet? If so, perhaps you could find an implement listed that is very similar in weight to one you are using and that would give you a good starting point.

Maybe it's one of those things that they stopped using many years ago but continue to put it in the manual.

I sure would like to know the answer.

·
Super Moderator
5,589 Posts
It's just another glaring head scratcher concerning JD manuals. :unknown:

I guess something as simple as adding the implement code on the serial number plate is just too much to ask for! Probably require far too much engineering.:mocking:

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts

For instance I have
Deere has ballast codes for each of their implements. You have to be kinda careful here because "Frontier" does not equal "Deere". Some Frontier implements have them some don't.

Ballast codes, if they exist, are found in the Operator's manual for the implements. The GM1072 has a ballast code of "43", for example.

But some implements don't have ballast codes at all. The snow blade, for example, isn't capable of lifting anything so I've never seem ballast codes for them.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
Deere has ballast codes for each of their implements. You have to be kinda careful here because "Frontier" does not equal "Deere". Some Frontier implements have them some don't.

Ballast codes, if they exist, are found in the Operator's manual for the implements. The GM1072 has a ballast code of "43", for example.

But some implements don't have ballast codes at all. The snow blade, for example, isn't capable of lifting anything so I've never seem ballast codes for them.
That must be the secret because all the manuals I looked at were Frontier and none of them had ballast codes. How do you find "Deere" implements anyway? They list stuff in the big brochure but there are no styles or part numbers. Most of the stuff listed on the website ends up being Frontier.

It seems to be another case of JD making it as hard as possible for customers to buy their products. :)

Reactions: Yank

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
Where in the GM1072 manual did you find the ballast code? The GM1072 is a Frontier implement. I brought up the PDF operator's manual for the GM1072 and searched for the words "ballast", "implement", "code", and "43" and none of those returned anything to do with an implement or ballast code.

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts
Ah HAH! I finally found one... the MX10.

Now... all you need to do is take a look at the MX10 codes:

MX10.jpg

Then consult the table in the 3033R manual:

codes.jpg

And you're good to go. Or are you? :dunno:

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,781 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,213 Posts
Ah HAH! I finally found one... the MX10.

Now... all you need to do is take a look at the MX10 codes:

View attachment 565409

Then consult the table in the 3033R manual:

View attachment 565401

And you're good to go. Or are you? :dunno:
Well, I think what that's telling you is that the MX-10 is to big for a 3033R. Deere doesn't think you should be using anything with ballast code over 75 on a 3033R. The MX-5/6/7 manual has a note that says:

"IMPORTANT: If the total implement code exceeds the maximum implement code for your tractor, the machine/attachment combination is not recommended.
"

The MX-5 has a ballast code of "59" and the MX-6 is "82". A single wheel MX-7 is "119" and a dual-wheel MX-7 is "130".

1 - 12 of 12 Posts