Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys,

Here are some pictures of the hydraulic system that replaced the manual lever for raising/lowering the wheels on my JD aerator. I've also included pictures of my dethatcher hooked up to my Imatch via a heavy drawbar. You will notice that the Imatch allows me to raise/lower the dethatcher tines without changing the dethatcher's wheel position. Also, notice the Femco sun shade that I just installed today.

Bonus points for anyone who can find the flaw in my dethatcher. Clue: somebody at JD must have been severely hung-over the day they made it.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,982 Posts
Nice looking place Larry!

I see the flaw. :mocking: Could be assembled wrong? :unknown: I give a suggestion, but I don't want to give it away. :bye2:

The hydraulics on the aerator is a great setup! Looks good. Thanks for posting! :drinks:

·
Registered
2,267 Posts
It was hard to take my eyes off the background scenery to look a the dethatcher...beautiful ! You have really put some time in to make that paradise it looks like.
I'm gonna guess that the main frame that the tines mount to is upside down?

If I win...forget the points....I want to have a picnic on your lawn!

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It was hard to take my eyes off the background scenery to look a the dethatcher...beautiful ! You have really put some time in to make that paradise it looks like.
I'm gonna guess that the main frame that the tines mount to is upside down?

If I win...forget the points....I want to walk barefoot across your lawn!
RGD,

Yes, you and Jason spotted it. The John Deere decal is installed UPSIDE DOWN! No, I did not assemble the dethatcher wrong. During assembly, I quickly determined that the decal would end up upside down so I referenced the instructions several times just to make sure I was putting it together correctly.

·
Premium Member
1,626 Posts
Your rock walls look perfect? What gives? Is this a photoshop? :laugh:

·
Premium Member
13,068 Posts
Is this the new redesigned iMatch with the adjustable top hook?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Your rock walls look perfect? What gives? Is this a photoshop? :laugh:

No, these are real pictures of my back yard. The 3 lower and middle walls were built by a landscaper while I built the 3 walls at the top of the bluff. There are about 800 red begonias and some decorative grasses, day lillies and a few carpet roses as well. The 2 bronze cranes were bought in Marrinete, Wi while the bronze eagle statue (visible at the top of the bluff in the picture with the cranes) came from near Ann Arbor, Mi.

The whole bluff is sprinkled on a single zone using a 2 hp pump (pumping out of the lake) and 26 Rainbird series 5,000 gear drive popups ($33 each). My entire property is just 3 zones. It takes 3.5 hours a day to run the entire sprinkling program. We haven't had any rain in about 3 weeks and none is predicted anytime soon.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Is this the new redesigned iMatch with the adjustable top hook?
jgayman,

Yes. I bought my Imatch a few weeks ago when they became available again. However, I discovered that those 2 hook bolts are really tightened down hard. So far, I've had no need to reposition that hook though. The Imatch is nice if you're going to use the 3PH at all.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts