Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought a pair of 322's this summer with the main purpose of cutting grass and moving the snow.

The 1st (running) tractor has a deck and snow blower, so mission accomplished. The 2nd (non-running) tractor was a last minute, same day barn find with a 3 pt arms/link and original rear PTO , so I thought, why not make one very cool tractor out of the two and I could do even more around the property. The idea was either a box blade or rear blade to level the gravel drive....and I just assumed I could find some rear PTO implement to create a new 'job' to do with it ;).

However, when researching options, it seems pretty limited for both:
Rear 3 Pt - Pretty limited Cat 0 options, and when considering weight limits (260 lbs is what I found onlineI read). Haven't found any box blade that is Cat 0 and/or under 500-600#. I did find a Frontier back blade weighing 195#, but most others look very cheap or are built well and a a result too heavy. I did order a Titan rear hitch/weight rack to move trailers around the property, and will use the weight rack when moving snow.

Rear PTO - Not sure what I was expecting, maybe a flair mower or brush hog(?). Really have no need for a rototiller, sweeper or MCS for my place. So far I haven't found anything practical to use for the rear PTO on the 322.

I am considering just getting the 2nd tractor (w/ rear PTO) running and sell it, unless someone can talk me off the cliff. Or maybe I will part it out..

My questions are:
1) Am I missing something or somewhere to search for implements for either the 3 pt (Cat 0) or Rear PTO? (I know many people modify and create their own implements, but I am not looking for an extra hobby, lol).

2) Even though the rear PTO adds a 'cool' factor since it seems to be a rare option, will I do more harm by having it, but never running it regularly?

Thanks for any advice -

Dan

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
There are a couple of pages of good replies to this question over on WFM here:

Chuck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts