Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well we've had celebrations on both sides of the boarder, Independence Day and Canada Day. :usa:canada

Here is a catchy tune by Dave and Chris Hadfield called "In Canada" that they did for this year's Canada Day. (Chris was commander on the ISS for five months last year.)

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
I enjoyed that. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Good one eh! :laugh:

My kids get Timbits every Saturday morning and I think they put crack in Tim Horton's coffee cause I'm addicted BAD!

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
That was nice! Thanks for posting!

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good one eh! :laugh:

My kids get Timbits every Saturday morning and I think they put crack in Tim Horton's coffee cause I'm addicted BAD!
This is how the addiction starts, my daughter was distracted talking with a friend while grampa was getting the granddaughter hooked on a double double.

Tim's Training.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
This is how the addiction starts, my daughter was distracted talking with a friend while grampa was getting the granddaughter hooked on a double double.

View attachment 30088
No kidding. I used to get the chili and a x-large Cafe Mocha (coffee/hot chocolate basically) at 7am in Windsor to eat as I cruised up the 401 to Toronto when I was launching the Ford Windstar back around 97. Been hooked ever since.

·
Premium Member
3,964 Posts
Ok I'll have to be the thorn in the side of this thread. I love Tim for his hockey but not for his coffee. I was born and raised a Duncan Donuts boy. I was so happy when they opened one here in Morgantown last year. I'll drive 10 miles to get Duncan's over the 3 miles to get Tim's. There is something about Tim's coffee that gives me heartburn.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts

·
8,558 Posts
Some of y'all must not be able to get Community Coffee where you live. No need to go to a coffee house, and much better and cheaper!

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
Community Coffee is pretty good. It's nowhere near as bitter as Fivebucks Coffee.

·
8,558 Posts
Community Coffee is pretty good. It's nowhere near as bitter as Fivebucks Coffee.
Never had Fivebucks Coffee, I guess.

Used to be, you could only get Community Coffee in or near New Orleans. Had a neighbor with a sister that lived near enough, and I'd send her money, and she's send me CC. Then I found it on Amazon!!! Now it is in most of the grocery stores. Sure makes life easier!

·
Administrator
20,665 Posts
Fivebucks = Starbucks

·
8,558 Posts
Fivebucks = Starbucks
Duh!! :slap-yourself-emoti Serious Blonde moment!!!

Never been a huge fan of theirs. However, I believe they also make Seattle's Best, and it is an OK coffee.

·
Premium Member
1,788 Posts
Fivebucks = Starbucks
Starbucks is bitter - can't stand it. For it to be as overpriced as it is just adds insult to injury. T.H. is around $2

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Starbucks is bitter - can't stand it. For it to be as overpriced as it is just adds insult to injury. T.H. is around $2
I could not have said it better. IMO!

·
Premium Member
10,067 Posts
Starbucks is okay in small doses. You can be in and out with a large coffee for <$2.00 unless you start adding all the "stuff". Can't stand Dunkin coffee. Tried it a few times, just not for me.

Given the choice, I'll make coffee with chickory at home. That's good stuff.

·
8,558 Posts
Starbucks is okay in small doses. You can be in and out with a large coffee for <$2.00 unless you start adding all the "stuff". Can't stand Dunkin coffee. Tried it a few times, just not for me.

Given the choice, I'll make coffee with chickory at home. That's good stuff.
Dunkin taste a bit watered down, no matter how you make it.

The old CC, The New Orleans Blend, was a better blend of coffee and chickory. They changed it some a couple of years ago. But it is still one of the better coffees around.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,396 Posts
Dunkin is a last resort coffee for me.
Newman's Special Blend Extra Bold via a Keurig for me.

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
To me Tim's is "just coffee" but I enjoy it once in a while. But around here they line up 20 cars deep at the drive through to get their Tim's. I like coffee hot, dark, and strong, espresso straight up once in a while. And not the de-coffee'ed stuff either, give me all the caffeine. It has to make me vibrate to be a good cup. :morning2: :gaah:

I have a friend that is the exact opposite and likes his coffee so weak you can actually see through it, :unknown: and unfortunately for him I forget sometimes when I make a pot to share and he has to cut it 50%.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts