Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,899 Posts
Yikes

Wanted

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk
I hope nobody was hurt. It looks like the bale came back down the loader arms when the spear broke. Am I seeing that right?

FYI-

I like a spear that has some sort of back stop to prevent a bale from coming back even if you forget to level out the tilt cylinders as you lift. If you use one that is on a carrier as opposed to clamping on the bucket, you gain a little more lift but lose a little reach as the bale is closer to the tractor.

We've used both and all in all, I'll usually give up the reach to have a bit more stability.

Treefarmer

Reactions: JD4044M

·
Registered
739 Posts
Huh? What's the story here? You picked up a round bale with the loader bucket?

·
Registered
4,440 Posts
I think he wants a bale spear- thats just a pic of the tractor because we like tractor pics.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
Is that bucket a quick attach? Clamp on spears are not the best way to go if you are moving a lot of bales. If the it is a quick attach the best bet would be a set of forks, you can weld spear sleeves on the frame and have the best of both worlds.

48" Tapered Hay Bale Spear w/ Sleeve & Nut Heat Treated

JD4044M beat me to it, but you get the idea.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
They make clamp on ones but they are not that good. One spear is not enough the bale will spin or turn as you pick it up. I welded in holders for my spears on my forklift attachment. The back makes it safe to lift even heavy 1,200 lbs with them. These are Titan Spears and very strong. DSCF3715.jpg DSCF3717.jpg

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
I used a hole saw to cut holes in the 3" x 1/4" Box Steel then welded the coupler into the box. I did a Tee for more strength and welded the works into the frame. Then added 2 couplers to store the spears into when not in use. This Frame is also my Fork Lift and Boom Pole Attachment set up.

·
Registered
3,779 Posts
LoL yes I am looking for a used bale spear
In Colorado
Sorry just a pic of the tractor yes quick connect with two pins on each side

At least you are still alive!!! And I’m glad you are looking for a bale spear.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I was thinking about going to Murdoch's or farm Supply but they looked cheap

·
Registered
739 Posts
LoL yes I am looking for a used bale spear In Colorado ..Sorry just a pic of the tractor yes quick connect with two pins on each side
Try Craig's List, bulletin boards at your feed store, Equipment Trader, etc.

·
Premium Member
13,885 Posts
LoL yes I am looking for a used bale spear
In Colorado
Sorry just a pic of the tractor yes quick connect with two pins on each side

I would keep checking your local tractor/implement dealers, CL that sort of thing for a used set of forks being it's quick attach, or even new forks really aren't that expensive. Even watch the paper for farm auctions, but that's your safest and best way to go compared to a clamp on for the bucket.

Reactions: johncanfield

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have the stock 4 pin setup
It is hard to find a bale spear with this setup..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts